Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

a Loving Dog posted:

can you even read? is that a skill you possess?

turn on your monitor dipshit lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

miniscule12 posted:

the american public sees them as brave heroes.

:thunk:

chuds see them as heroes

who else?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

LordSaturn posted:

I'd really like the people saying "the American Public thinks militia are heroic freedom fighters" to have some kind of actual evidence in hand to support that over "the American Public thinks militia are creepy woods-dwelling racists" which is equally plausible and well-supported

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What a stupid loving argument you're all having

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

a brave militia hero :patriot:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Jose posted:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you say mill-ish-a, I say mi-li-tia

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

you, a drooling moron: it is good to call these self described militias domestic terrorists because they are domestic terrorists.

me, a solid gold genius posting 6 times in a row: well if you love militias so much why dont you just marry them!??

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

you, a drooling moron: it is good to call these self described militias domestic terrorists because they are domestic terrorists.

the person in question wasn't saying that, they were basically saying that people who equate militias with white supremacists/terrorists are biased and not treating militias fairly and objectively. you see, millions of chuds fuckin love militias, therefore we cant say militias are bad because actually many americans think they're good

which is partly what started this whole argument

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

posting 6 times in a row

welcum to cspam

Rah! has issued a correction as of 11:28 on Oct 11, 2020

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

smarxist posted:

the real issue is that you don't have a point

all you've said is that there are a lot of people that think "organized militias" are good guys, like so what, of course there are, it breaks down along ideological grounds like everything else in this stupid red vs blue country. the only material difference is that the power structures, especially at the local level/law enforcement, trend heavily red, so if Clem and Buck and Chuck and a bunch of late 40's fart men show up in camo open carrying, they're allowed to do w/e, even if it's in the books as illegal, because the law is a contrivance to arrest outgroup members of the labor class, minorities, queers, and poor people.

the only thing that's going to unseat white men with guns as the defacto good guys regardless of their intentions is the destruction of white supremacy and patriarchy as the pillars of society/culture, and the only that way happens is millions of people dying

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

For people of a certain age "militia" conjures the image of white supremacist extremists thanks to the 90s.

how about thanks to the 2020s

and the 2010s

and the 2000s

and the 1980s

etc

lol

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

this is entering some weird Kant territory where you’re all arguing about ‘militia’ more so than if they’re bad or not. I don’t think any ratio of how America perceives militias matter with how all the right wing ones are co-opted by the police/nazis/KKK/fbi. while it’s true that the black panthers were also an American militia nobody is gonna think of them anymore nor would America allow another panthers-like organization to exist again in the same capacity (ironically FROM these same neo-militia’s and ICE style institutions that’s sprouted out on the grave of Waco/ruby ridge)

the tea party definitely was boogie-manned in America similar to how radical Islam was played up post 9-11 to further interests for the rapidly growing surveillance state and real neo-liberal hellhole that came about after the Cold War

none of this changes that ‘militias’ overall need to be demonized, we’re never gonna get another panthers and we’re already on a crash course for whatever’s coming

someone gimmie a real alt-right chud being a dork, I’m sure tim pool did something new

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
also holy smokes y’all coulda said all that without that venom, I hate these alt-right threads for always walking on eggshells from the next multi page fight that coulda been resolved by talking to your fellow goons with a bit more decency and respect (and I’ve been hella guilty of this in the past along with garbage derails)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Rah! posted:

you honestly think none of us know this?

lmao

you went bananas on a breathtakingly dumb misunderstanding and now this, THIS is what you come back with

good god you're dumb, go eat poo poo.

e: cheap rear end forum

quote:

Sorry Rah! is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

smarxist posted:

the real issue is that you don't have a point

all you've said is that there are a lot of people that think "organized militias" are good guys, like so what, of course there are, it breaks down along ideological grounds like everything else in this stupid red vs blue country. the only material difference is that the power structures, especially at the local level/law enforcement, trend heavily red, so if Clem and Buck and Chuck and a bunch of late 40's fart men show up in camo open carrying, they're allowed to do w/e, even if it's in the books as illegal, because the law is a contrivance to arrest outgroup members of the labor class, minorities, queers, and poor people.

the only thing that's going to unseat white men with guns as the defacto good guys regardless of their intentions is the destruction of white supremacy and patriarchy as the pillars of society/culture, and the only that way happens is millions of people dying

the point is that this is good:
https://twitter.com/Local4News/status/1314648097725743104

and this is a dumb naive take on it
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1314932477929172992

and if you took the bolded part away from the discussion you didn't pay attention, or are intentionally misreading idk.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

drjuggalo posted:

also holy smokes y’all coulda said all that without that venom, I hate these alt-right threads for always walking on eggshells from the next multi page fight that coulda been resolved by talking to your fellow goons with a bit more decency and respect (and I’ve been hella guilty of this in the past along with garbage derails)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Man you know a detail is going to be dumb when it's 100 posts long and people are angrily copying and pasting definitions on the first page of it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Flesh Forge posted:

nice meltdown

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

drjuggalo posted:

someone gimmie a real alt-right chud being a dork, I’m sure tim pool did something new

The usual suspects are all busy trying to prove the Denver Pinkerton security guard who shot a chud actually is a leftist, though Pool did make a real dumb puppet master tweet yesterday

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1315255862240444417?s=19

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

tbqh I didn't notice who posted it and assumed it was a chapo guy making a stupid joke

EDIT: well not a name-brand chapo guy, but some twitteroid in roughly that "crass leftist" vein

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Climate activist endorses politician who acknowledges that Climate Change exists and will do nothing over a denialist who will actively encourage companies to fart out more CO2 out of spite.

Couple of poo poo sandwiches, but one had the steak and the other had nothing but low-quality curry.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

it's not ideal

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

it is the maximal expression of my leftist solidarity to not get mad at otherwise sensible people for supporting Biden

I get it, I was there in 2016, I'm just not anymore

(anyone trying to browbeat me into supporting Biden gets the horns, to be clear)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Rah! posted:

turn on your monitor dipshit lmao

Gonna take that as a no from you as well

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

LordSaturn posted:

it is the maximal expression of my leftist solidarity to not get mad at otherwise sensible people for supporting Biden

I get it, I was there in 2016, I'm just not anymore

(anyone trying to browbeat me into supporting Biden gets the horns, to be clear)

and yet you haven't made the NoJoe pledge

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Somebody please stop the weird mod from having his weird meltdown

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I let it slip to my mom that I was only voting in local races and she asked me to vote for Biden and Tina Smith as a favor to her and it's my mom so... fine.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Who's the mod that keeps trying to make meal team six happen and dropping it casually into their posts

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
:hmmyes: Rah! is a weird mod

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know what Rah! is the mod of but they probably should not be

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

All I know is that Jah > Rah!

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
yeah my kumbaya post woulda been a lot different had I know rah is a mod

this post alone should disqualify you from modship, idk what kinda trotsky path of thinking caused you to defend this in hopes that it doesn’t slurry the good name of militia’s overall

it’s one thing to say “militia’s don’t need to be designated as terrorists from the already established connotations”, but to flare up a boring three prong slapfight where you kept trying to position this as the most woke and scientifically Marx position? unforgivable.

drjuggalo has issued a correction as of 00:51 on Oct 12, 2020

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Rah! posted:

and most of those state militias/guards don't even have weapons. They're basically the backup for the national guard. And the ones that do have weapons training, do it with the national guard, not in jim bob's backyard lol

so its not really the same at all as chud militias

in a real leftist site we’d be allowed to take turns all personally roasting you until you stepped down, I wish I had that kind of ego in general

drjuggalo has issued a correction as of 00:59 on Oct 12, 2020

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

thetan_guy42 posted:

Who's the mod that keeps trying to make meal team six happen and dropping it casually into their posts

Fearless leader Brutalist McDonalds, of course

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

the complete meltdown of the feeble minded mod ftw

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Snake Dance posted:

Fearless leader Brutalist McDonalds, of course

BM is an anarchist. They’re not going to impose the mod regime’s brutal order.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if I was going to ask someone about what people think of militias outside of our bubble, I'd ask someone like Prester Jane, they would have a perspective to add to this

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
it’s been a long problem with these mega threads where it’s really easy to change goalposts and turn positions around on people cause half the posters dont wanna see drama.

then when it does get called out it fizzles into stupid probes with half the thread holding a grudge for later because apparently even then mods just want threads to go smoothly?

I get C-Spam has a bad rap and all from everyone else saying the place is mentally ill but the amount of real right wing talking points that people can re-direct around here is getting alarming, then the dust settles and some good leftist poster actually ate a ban/perma to certain posters cheering it on. You can’t even blame lowtax for this phenomenon either

drjuggalo has issued a correction as of 01:10 on Oct 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Very cool that the IK of The Amiibo Megathread (Amiibos Only, NO GUNDAMS!!!) stumbled in here to stage an extremely annoying meltdown