Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Random Stranger posted:

(Legion of Substitute Heroes Special #1)

Is it also made of an alien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Actually, yes, as it's the original Legion club house which was gifted to the Subbies when the Legion moved to a new headquarters.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Flying Witch

Akane and Makoto are witches, and they're traveling back home to visit their parents. Their cat familiars are coming with them, but since cats aren't allowed on trains, they're pretending to be plushies, by staying really still whenever people are looking at them.

(Read right to left.)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Iron Man #231

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 10, 2020

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

lmao

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Bucnasti posted:

Doctor Strange 390 is one of my all time favorite issues. I pray that the on screen relationship between Strange and Peter is as good.

Wow, Pete's a big fan of Forest Whitaker

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Green Lantern #2 (1942)

Not Brand Echh #2 (1967)

Secrets of Haunted House #22 (1980)

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 6 (1996)

Digimon Universe Appli Monsters (2016)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Seems odd for the world of Fahrenheit 451 to still have comic books, but I dig it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Seems like around issue 235 of Iron Man the artist started getting horny as hell for him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Buns of Steel Iron.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Darthemed posted:

Unfortunately the posts are 100% added by the scanlators. No legit translation for digimon would put “ugly af” in it

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Push El Burrito posted:

Seems like around issue 235 of Iron Man the artist started getting horny as hell for him.

Iron Can

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
L.A. Tool & Iron Man

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

bobkatt013 posted:

Fortress Lad saves the day!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Push El Burrito posted:

Tony Stark makes you feel
He's a cool exec, with buns of steel

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I really don't get that last image. Are... are his pants some kind of tights that he pulls up? Is the belly portion of the armor separate than the chest and cod pieces? :psyduck:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

I really don't get that last image. Are... are his pants some kind of tights that he pulls up? Is the belly portion of the armor separate than the chest and cod pieces? :psyduck:

It looks like that basically any portion of his armor that's gold colored and needs to be flexible is the stuff he's talking about in that panel. They seem to do that every once in a while in order to make it so that Tony can carry the armor around in a suitcase.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Losing that, and the Tony Stark’s bodyguard thing, really helped rehab Iron Man as a character. Even as a kid, I didn’t buy the skin tight parts of the armor.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tony is exactly the kind of person to put perfectly moulded buttocks on his suit

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Retro Futurist posted:

Tony is exactly the kind of person to put perfectly moulded buttocks on his suit

It’s like I am wearing nothing at all nothing at all

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Retro Futurist posted:

It's what the movies lacked, at least the latter ones. Once MCU Stark had nano-technology armor there was nothing stoping him from becoming catsuit Iron Man.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Hulk Smash! posted:

It's one of those things that was shown in the comics a bunch early on, like even the whole armour would sometimes be depicted as flexible and stuffed into his attache case.

Personally I think it eventually stopped being depicted or mentioned because no one is satisifed with how it looks, and then other, later armours are either more explicitly hunks of metal or made of nanites or whatever..

Tony Stark: He loves wearing metal diapers, and also "clenching his fists in a prearranged manner"

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 12, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But what about the transistors???

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

God Stan Lee fuckin loved transistors. And I always loved when there was a scene where Iron Man had to recharge so he would just straight up plug his armor into a wall socket.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Push El Burrito posted:

God Stan Lee fuckin loved transistors. And I always loved when there was a scene where Iron Man had to recharge so he would just straight up plug his armor into a wall socket.

TONY. NO.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Snackmar posted:

It's one of those things that was shown in the comics a bunch early on, like even the whole armour would sometimes be depicted as flexible and stuffed into his attache case.

Personally I think it eventually stopped being depicted or mentioned because no one is satisifed with how it looks, and then other, later armours are either more explicitly hunks of metal or made of nanites or whatever..

Tony Stark: He loves wearing metal diapers, and also "clenching his fists in a prearranged manner"

I can understand the first panel where you're thinking about what you're doing, Tony, but in the rest of these, who are you narrating to?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mikl posted:

I can understand the first panel where you're thinking about what you're doing, Tony, but in the rest of these, who are you narrating to?

I loving love how he says it takes microseconds for this to happen, and yet is talking as normal, so I can only assume he is speaking like Alvin and the Chipmunks on helium.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Samovar posted:

I loving love how he says it takes microseconds for this to happen, and yet is talking as normal, so I can only assume he is speaking like Alvin and the Chipmunks on helium.

That or he's just making 56k modem noises.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Love the implication that the Iron Man suit is literally just a suit with golden sleeves and leggings.

Tony Stark was fabulous.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: that stuff was accurate!

Okay, not really. But it showed that someone was reading science magazines and incorporating that stuff into their comics.

Transistors can be used as amplifiers like they were in the early Iron Man stories. But it's more like a tap on a faucet than... whatever it was they were doing with them. Tiny changing to the control input can be reflected as large changes to the output, but eventually you turn the tap on all the way and that's all you're going to get out of it.

Keeping in mind that transistors were a new technology in 1963 that people were just figuring out, I'd guess that someone (probably Larry Lieber) was reading articles on them and misunderstood a bit about the amplifier effect.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Snackmar posted:

“It takes mere seconds for my armour to appear”.

“Tony you just stood there for 3 minutes explaining how to do that poo poo,the mandarins already destroyed new york you monumental dick!”.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

I feel like this is one decimal point away from crushing a human skull.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

“It takes mere seconds for my armour to appear”.

“Tony you just stood there for 3 minutes explaining how to do that poo poo,the mandarins already destroyed new york you monumental dick!”.

"...seems like SOMEONE left their prearranged manners at home today... jerk"

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Iron Nipples with Iron Holes so he can Iron Lactate on micro-seconds by activating the Iron Polarization Field

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Iron Man 244

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FWIW, this was probably a reference to Morton Downey Jr., a talk show host at the time who got a brief spike of infamy for being especially trashy. I think by the time the nineties rolled around, he was effectively forgotten.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

I think by the time the nineties rolled around, he was effectively forgotten.

Just like Robert Downey Jnr :v:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Random Stranger posted:

FWIW, this was probably a reference to Morton Downey Jr., a talk show host at the time who got a brief spike of infamy for being especially trashy. I think by the time the nineties rolled around, he was effectively forgotten.

He's probably most well known now for being the namesake of Morton Koopa Jr., one of the Koopalings in the Mario series.

Morton's the one with the star on his eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Weird, I thought the Koopa Kids were named after musicians, with Morton being Jellyroll Morton.