Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

gh0stpinballa posted:

congratulations to mr putin on his efforts to seek peace and reconciliation. perhaps mr erdogan could take a lesson or several from mr putin's example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

very low level, watch and learn:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Sorry fellas, I gotta side with the Pogo Stick Janissaries on this one.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
what appears to have been an armenian ballistic missile wiped out an apartment block in Ganja, killing ten. Ceasefire so so very dead.

https://twitter.com/OrlaGuerin/status/1315199760010276864

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Pretty stupid of armenia considering how outgunned and not super strongly backed diplomatically they are.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

Pretty stupid of armenia considering how outgunned and not super strongly backed diplomatically they are.

Yeah, they were very much winning Russian and Western popular support (whatever that is worth), with this most observers will just file this as "balkan poo poo" with no good guys and stop giving a poo poo.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

Assuming they did it intentionally... And that the Azeris didn't blow it up themselves. I really don't see what the goal would be otherwise.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

mobby_6kl posted:

Assuming they did it intentionally... And that the Azeris didn't blow it up themselves. I really don't see what the goal would be otherwise.

this is "pallywood" poo poo, consider not doing this

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

mobby_6kl posted:

What do you think the Azeri goal is when they shell Stepanakert?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

They both lost a shitload of dudes and aren't getting anywhere and now they're doing terror bombings out of spite

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I'm not sure how integrated the Artsakh military is with Armenia's but that looks like a Scud strike and the ADA has Scuds in their inventory.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

sum posted:

I'm not sure how integrated the Artsakh military is with Armenia's but that looks like a Scud strike and the ADA has Scuds in their inventory.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7008746,46.3671027,227m/data=!3m1!1e3

seems to be its location, arent scuds supposed to be accurate

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Vasukhani posted:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7008746,46.3671027,227m/data=!3m1!1e3

seems to be its location, arent scuds supposed to be accurate

lol no scuds are terribly not accurate at all. They're unguided missiles.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Scud A was apparently accurate to within a generous 3km of the target, which is bad even if you're slinging nukes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scud_missile

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the SCUD-D is the one that's actually semi-accurate with a range of 50 metres.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

the SCUD-D is the one that's actually semi-accurate with a range of 50 metres.

Picturing a bunch of armenian dudes running around with a scud like a battering ram...

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

only reason for attack like that i see is that armenia thinks Russia might directly side with them if war continues

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Vasukhani posted:

what appears to have been an armenian ballistic missile wiped out an apartment block in Ganja, killing ten. Ceasefire so so very dead.

https://twitter.com/OrlaGuerin/status/1315199760010276864

The ceasefire never lived. Azerbaijan attacked Hadrut and has continued to bomb Stepanakert.

https://twitter.com/MuradGazdiev/status/1315017963775438850?s=19

https://twitter.com/IgorZhdanovRT/status/1315263915622838274?s=19

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/1314928808735256581

loving lmao

poland has refused to negotiate over danzig!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Vasukhani posted:

https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/1314928808735256581

loving lmao

poland has refused to negotiate over danzig!

The problem is that legally and internationally recognized borders- speaking Azerbaijan has the rightful claim, that’s a huge hurdle for the Armenians to overcome, it’s probably the biggest card in Azerbaijan’s deck.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I mean even if Azerbaijan got exactly what they wanted they'd basically just have mini-Chechnya on their hands except even more heavily armed and also being directly supported by their neighbors. Like what's they're end game, hope the Armenians in Nagorno Karabakh just leave?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

sum posted:

I mean even if Azerbaijan got exactly what they wanted they'd basically just have mini-Chechnya on their hands except even more heavily armed and also being directly supported by their neighbors. Like what's they're end game, hope the Armenians in Nagorno Karabakh just leave?

"just leave", euphemistically, sure

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I mean I'm sure Azerbaijan would love to do ethnic cleansing but that's harder to do in the 21st century. Look at Kashmir and Palestine

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

sum posted:

I mean I'm sure Azerbaijan would love to do ethnic cleansing but that's harder to do in the 21st century.

Well sure, with that attitude

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sum posted:

I mean I'm sure Azerbaijan would love to do ethnic cleansing but that's harder to do in the 21st century. Look at Kashmir and Palestine

look at baghdad, damascus and aleppo

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

sum posted:

It isn't when Azerbaijan just points to international borders to make it acceptable.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

sum posted:

lol if you think it’s hard to do genocide in the time of tgump

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i say swears online posted:

look at baghdad, damascus and aleppo

what is aleppo

(throwback to my man GJ)

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
How many ethnic cleansings have there been in the last 20 years actually? Myanmar, what Sri Lanka did to the tamils might count I’m not 100% sure. China, Syria?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Syncopated posted:

How many ethnic cleansings have there been in the last 20 years actually? Myanmar, what Sri Lanka did to the tamils might count I’m not 100% sure. China, Syria?

China, Syria, Palestine, Myanmar, Iraq, there's a bunch of them.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

sum posted:

They're being supported by Turkey, who, if you recall, also put a significant amount of effort into genociding the same people.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The population is p tiny

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Artsakh#Post-war_resettlement_attempts

Also check out the Administrative divisions bit. They could ethnically cleanse it p easily imo, logistically speaking, as long as they stop short of Stepanakert.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Syncopated posted:

Let's expand it to 30 years. What's this... Azeris? Ethnically cleansed... hang on, looking into it a little bit more... Nagorno-Karabakh? Wait a sec!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Let's expand it to 30 years. What's this... Azeris? Ethnically cleansed... hang on, looking into it a little bit more... Nagorno-Karabakh? Wait a sec!

woah

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQYiezpfsNU&t=78s

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

The local Hyatt decided a three story tall Azeri flag was appropriate to drape over their hotel in Levent. It's pretty close to where I live and also to one of the main remaining Armenian neighborhoods in the city. Cool stuff.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Early 1990s are famously part of the 21st century. Nice epic dunk idiot.

Also no one's brought up an example of ethnic cleansing that wasn't either perpetrated by irregulars, half-done, or only accomplished after a decades long civil war, which was exactly the point I was making.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

sum posted:

Early 1990s are famously part of the 21st century. Nice epic dunk idiot.

Also no one's brought up an example of ethnic cleansing that wasn't either perpetrated by irregulars, half-done, or only accomplished after a decades long civil war, which was exactly the point I was making.

The two examples you gave about why it's so hard now to do ethnic cleansing aren't from the 21st century either.

Anyway, my point wasn't to make an epic dunk on you, just to point out that any discussion on the issue of ethnic cleansing in Nagorno-Karabakh probably must include the ethnic cleaning that took place there like 25 years ago during its capture in war, and subsequent occupation.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

The two examples you gave about why it's so hard now to do ethnic cleansing aren't from the 21st century either.

Anyway, my point wasn't to make an epic dunk on you, just to point out that any discussion on the issue of ethnic cleansing in Nagorno-Karabakh probably must include the ethnic cleaning that took place there like 25 years ago during its capture in war, and subsequent occupation.

Now how about the ethnically cleansing of Armenians in the rest of Azerbaijan that was occurring at the same time? Even Azerbaijan nationalists admit it happened (there are still vacant Armenian Churches in Baku that are a bit hard to cover up.).

I have noticed there is a trend trying to pretend the war during the 1999s was one sided and everything but... come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
No one denies atrocities against Armenians and no one cheers for the Azeri government. No one posts "Azeri Strong" or "Go Azerbaijan!" Honestly its hard for most of the thread to hide their boners when Azeri soldiers get mulched.