Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

Apple is a japanese company now????

No but seriously, everyone here has iPhones, its the highest penetration market in APAC at like 60+%.

That's a hell of a change since I lived there, although that was "iPhone 3G" era. I remember iPhones were less popular as a lot of Japan-specific mobile stuff wasn't implemented into Apple's ecosystem at that time (1seg, the ePayment systems of that era, I think the system they had to report you were safe following an earthquake or other natural disaster etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Does Nintendo just replace the sticks when you send your joycons in for repair, or do they send you new ones? The battery life on mine are so bad that repairing the sticks isnt even worth it

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

I am watching this video and the game looks pretty good. I'm only near the start so they haven't dug into performance but the graphics definitely aren't as poo poo as those screengrabs make them look.

I've had a switch from near the beginning and my controllers are solid still. Was thinking about getting the pro controller which I've heard a lot about, but never felt the need as I get on OK with the joy cons on that controller holder thing they give you.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
What's the best small wireless switch controller for a 6 year olds hands. Doesn't have to be micro (that 8bitdo keychain controller is too small) but preferably a notch smaller than the pro.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

BonoMan posted:

What's the best small wireless switch controller for a 6 year olds hands. Doesn't have to be micro (that 8bitdo keychain controller is too small) but preferably a notch smaller than the pro.

One of my friends has this Funlab controller for her daughter and they like it. It's only a little bit smaller according to pictures posted in Amazon reviews so it might be perfect.

There are also Animal Crossing themed versions, too.

StepDadJeff
Feb 22, 2005

Justice Jesus
Someone's posted an unofficial unboxing, for the morbidly curious before MS takes it down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L5txMENsVs

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

StepDadJeff posted:

Someone's posted an unofficial unboxing, for the morbidly curious before MS takes it down:

Definitely fake. No Day One Edition stickers or Kinects in the box.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

StepDadJeff posted:

Unboxings aren't very interesting in the first place, but I just learnt they are even less interesting when the words mean nothing to you. Having said that, I quite like the diagonal box style there. Edgy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's absolutely wild to me that Microsoft still ships a controller with AA batteries.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

It's absolutely wild to me that Microsoft still ships a controller with AA batteries.

it's good

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

American McGay posted:

I legitimately prefer this, it's super convenient. I'll go down until the end of time preferring AA batteries for controllers, vs having to mess with charging ports having cables around, batteries getting old, etc.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The connector and battery they put in the Dual Shock 4s is absolute poo poo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The DS4 is the worst controller ever made but that doesn't mean we should all have to suffer because of it. I guess not everyone has a warehouse of old 3DS batteries lying around that they can make controllers with 50 hour battery life with.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They definitely put the connector in a really dumb place. They're addressing this and the battery storage capacity on the DualSense, though, so that'll be good.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I like my rechargeable AAs a lot. Very handy.

The Elite 2 having a built-in battery is a bummer, but at least it also comes with a little cradle that I just set it on and it takes care of charging. It also lasts like 30-40 hours.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I think this is certainly it, the 37th micro usb cable that will work with my Playstation 4 controller... oh drat the left stick is busted again.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Plus other companies make non-AA rechargeable "packs" so you can have either option you prefer.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

American McGay posted:

I have a set of 12 AA rechargeables bought in the late 00s that I switch between my camera, 360 pad, and various remotes that are still going strong.

Running on AA batteries is one of the reasons the Xbox pad is better than the DS.

EDIT: instead of running out in the middle of playing and having to tether the pad, you just swap out the empty set with a fully charged one and carry on.
Also no risk of having to buy a new controller because the battery died.

Storm One fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 12, 2020

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

This looks so floatey.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

univbee posted:

Good news! They're launching the perfect new Switch for you.

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1315479875826802688?s=20

I wish they would stop with the stupid two different color joycon model. I just want two of those blue joycons.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

I wish they would stop with the stupid two different color joycon model. I just want two of those blue joycons.

Buy two of those Switches, then.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Then get another right hand too

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

AdmiralViscen posted:

Does Nintendo just replace the sticks when you send your joycons in for repair, or do they send you new ones? The battery life on mine are so bad that repairing the sticks isnt even worth it

Depends on how busy they are I guess? I’ve sent one in in the past and they just replaced the stick (I could tell cuz I dropped it and hosed up the latch previous, got the same hosed up latch back). The second time when I sent 4 in I got all 4 brand new ones, including the one I’d previously jacked up from dropping.

So basically, it’s all mysterious.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
As a kid haver I appreciate that bonetroller uses batteries from the same pile of rechargeables we have lying around that power all their toys and such

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

As a kid haver I appreciate that bonetroller uses batteries from the same pile of rechargeables we have lying around that power all their toys and such

The Xbox really is the quintessential Dad console.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

The Xbox really is the quintessential Dad console.

)Nothing but old games
)AA Batteries
)Bland industrial design

Checks out

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

American McGay posted:

The DS4 is the worst controller ever made

How the gently caress did this bad post get missed.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Rad Valtar posted:

It wasn’t, we just acknowledged as correct and we all moved on.

Also I’m super bummed that the elite 2 doesn’t have AAA batteries, that was the one thing that stopped me from buying it.

I was hoping I just could buy that controller and die with it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

Good news! They're launching the perfect new Switch for you.

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1315479875826802688?s=20

Fortnite is horrible on the Switch. It runs at below 30fps, and has 5 minute load times.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rad Valtar posted:

Stux is probably busy, he'll be by

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
You guys probably wish your smart phones ran on AAs.

Personally loving around with constantly swapping in AAs (rechargeable or not) sounds like more work than just plugging in a rechargeable controller.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Numlock posted:

Personally loving around with constantly swapping in AAs (rechargeable or not) sounds like more work than just plugging in a rechargeable controller.

I've never had a AA charger or AA battery door or connectors fail, but I've had at this point literally dozens of USB cables and ports fail across devices of all types.

Also, I'm still using 360 controllers + a wireless dongle for local multiplayer PC stuff, Dualshock 3s were Mini-USB and I literally don't have a single Mini-USB cable around anymore. DS4s are Micro-USB, which is also going the way of the dodo and will be annoyingly rare in ~5 years.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Numlock posted:

Constantly? What kind of bad rechargeables do you have?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Fortnite is horrible on the Switch. It runs at below 30fps, and has 5 minute load times.

Nah, it actually loads quicker than some other versions because it skips the mode menu and the pre-match waiting area.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah
unironically its the best controller ever made apart from all the terrible things wrong with it

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://youtu.be/jDCEwiryjQs

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
When I see AA battery haters, I imagine they think this is what replacing batteries is like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEJHzQIMH5k

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

When I see AA battery haters, I imagine they think this is what replacing batteries is like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEJHzQIMH5k

You do smell like a burger tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The best movie, and they’re doing a fundraiser and a table read for it soon. Details on the website.