Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

froody guy posted:

Not empty quoting

Arch is good, Arch is life.

Hereby I reiterate on the impellent necessity of freeing more minds before the ever more lasting DT thus the urge to have a jabber channel for the truer goonerd. Call it Goonix, call it Pengoons, call it /dev/goon then call me back and I'll toss my Nag and my F1 foo in the next keepstar brawl. For the greater cause of the Free Union of Delvistan! Yours froody.

Linuxswarm already exists my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Aesculus posted:

EVE YOSPOS

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Aesculus posted:

:vince:

Tell PAPI to drop one of them tens of keepstar they keep in the fridge for the summer :laugh:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Travel disruption time!

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Sickening posted:

I mean, outside of the time it takes for going gate to gate, what is the point? A blockade runner has basically zero risk outside of nullsec.

I'm certain this has been addressed, but it's very much not true: https://zkillboard.com/kill/87801748/

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

iospace posted:

Travel disruption time!

That stupid email everyone got this morning with the Triglav logo just links to CCP's twitch where they're showing a camera orbiting around an offline stargate in Providence. Uh... great?

edit: it's the F9E-KX gate in D-GTMI, which according to DotLan is the region gate between Provi and Catch. CCP using Triglavs to gently caress with regional map connections, C/D?

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 12, 2020

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

People will roll the dice on a BR, and will occasionally anchor cans around a gate to accomplish this.

That guy did and won.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Jazzzzz posted:

That stupid email everyone got this morning with the Triglav logo just links to CCP's twitch where they're showing a camera orbiting around an offline stargate in Providence. Uh... great?

I'm pretty sure the gates are shutting down (no light cloud thing in the middle anymore) before coming back on 15 - 20 minutes later.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

iospace posted:

People will roll the dice on a BR, and will occasionally anchor cans around a gate to accomplish this.

That guy did and won.

also people need to keep the very real risk of an internet hiccup in mind. a lot of theorycrafting about what is invincible does not.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

also people need to keep the very real risk of an internet hiccup in mind. a lot of theorycrafting about what is invincible does not.

Information is 1000x more valuable when moving expensive poo poo that any fancy ship. Always have a scout 1-2 jump ahead of you in a shuttle. Also move it during a time of day when people are not typically logged on.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I will never log off

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Having lost blockade runners to camps before I can confirm that blockade runners are not uncatchable, and also that I am bad at EVE.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm pretty sure ive lost at least 2 BRs to aligned cans on bubbles before

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Wait, don’t get HS blown away before it even gets started up again. We already got yelled at once for not being involved enough in a war effort before.

I am not leaving Delve as long as there are people to shoot 3-5 jumps away. Wormholes appeals to me because of easy access to pvp.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I'm almost afraid to say his name incase he starts posting again, but loving hell how zagdul and others ever got to be alliance leaders back in the 2008-2011 era I will never know. Must have been something to do with the combined power vacuums after the fallout from the end of the great war and kartoon's sov holiday

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
karttoon (pbuh) did nothing wrong

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Dalmuti posted:

karttoon (pbuh) did nothing wrong

Technically you are correct, he did nothing, including filling the sov wallet.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

I would like to imagine there's someone at a home office somewhere just sort of flicking a light switch and making ghost noises, and that's why the gates are going up and down.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

Is there a place for a dude who just wants to chill and shoot space rocks and maybe do some ship building who doesn't give a lick about pvp?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tyshalob posted:

Is there a place for a dude who just wants to chill and shoot space rocks and maybe do some ship building who doesn't give a lick about pvp?

No pvp at all might be difficult but goons could always use more people on supplies

e: currently trying to become a ship-building guy myself

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Tyshalob posted:

Chill is Sigma. Come chill with Sigma and chill while you chill.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

LeadSled posted:

Technically you are correct, he did nothing, including filling the sov wallet.

Is it actually called a wallet in-game.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

SHISHKABOB posted:

Is it actually called a wallet in-game.

it's technically the "spacebux prisonpocket"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Salisbury Snape posted:

DGC is angelique doucheman. Change my mind

DGC hasn't talked about boiling ribs.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tyshalob posted:

Of course! Though the PvP might come to your doorstep as we are currently under siege by the mighty Snake Alliance. If you want to make ships send me an Eve mail when you get in and I'll give you all the blueprint copies you want.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 12, 2020

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

CainFortea posted:

DGC hasn't talked about boiling ribs.

Yet.....

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Now I'm no strategerist, but if I was in trouser snek command and I knew CCP was shutting off gates sometime, I'd have logged off a freighter with a keepstar in it and try to anchor it when the gates were offline and attention was elsewhere...

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Now I'm no strategerist, but if I was in trouser snek command and I knew CCP was shutting off gates sometime, I'd have logged off a freighter with a keepstar in it and try to anchor it when the gates were offline and attention was elsewhere...

I love the fact that we are actively telling the enemy how to win, and they are too stupid to listen.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

From the looks of it, the gates only go offline for a minute or two. This is basically a network wide disruption due to the effects of Triglavian held systems. Once those systems are cut off, the flickering will stop.

Not sure if as the day progresses, the gates will flicker off for longer periods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L1TNKqzSaA

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

if I was in trouser snek command

if i was in trouser snek command i would quit my bullshit coalition

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hexel posted:

if i was in trouser snek command i would quit my bullshit coalition

but not before stealing everything that isn't nailed down.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If I was in trouser snek command I would attempt to invade Delve and fail miserably

Oh wait they've got that covered

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Charles 1998 posted:

From the looks of it, the gates only go offline for a minute or two. This is basically a network wide disruption due to the effects of Triglavian held systems. Once those systems are cut off, the flickering will stop.

Not sure if as the day progresses, the gates will flicker off for longer periods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L1TNKqzSaA

I for one welcome our toblerone overlords.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

If they were willing to take a risk, they would have tried to get one anchored this morning so it would repair during the extended downtime tomorrow. However, they are neither smart nor known for taking risks. And of course we were looking for them trying to do just that because we play chess while they are over there wiping boogers on their coloring paper and calling it checkers.

So they did nothing.

Looks like any future keepstar drops they'll have to do the core poo poo.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Scuttlebutt is that they dropped a fortizar in 319. :laugh:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
How will that work mechanically? Cyno in a freighter on top of the un-cored keepstar and try to dock it immediately?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Scuttlebutt is that they dropped a fortizar in 319. :laugh:

"Tightening the noose!"

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Phlegmish posted:

If I was in trouser snek command I would attempt to invade Delve and fail miserably

Oh wait they've got that covered

:lol:

Hey! They aren't failing! It's the beginning of the end of the beginning! They might even be able to successfully online a keepstar some day!

Delve will be glassed soon uh...
by Christmas hmm...
sometime in 2022...

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

War Eagle posted:

I'm certain this has been addressed, but it's very much not true: https://zkillboard.com/kill/87801748/

iospace posted:

That guy did and won.

it was a metagame kill, not an actual kill. hth, brs are basically risk free, and ejecting cans/drones around gates is an exploit

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

it was a metagame kill, not an actual kill. hth, brs are basically risk free, and ejecting cans/drones around gates is an exploit

It is? Woa since when? Everyone always did this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

It's only an exploit to the extent you do it enough to cause lag, a very "eye of the beholder" thing.