Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I liked Lower Decks and I hope it gets a second season. I enjoyed the characters and I'd like to see them do more things.

It's a solid "good" for me, better then "okay" but not all the way up to "great".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Open Source Idiom posted:

Because of stuff like the Orion space pirate joke?

Sorry, I've only seen the ascension episode, but when I read the Star Trek thread and see stuff like that suggested to be the show's high points, then it just sounds like fanwank tbh.

I remember the Orion pirate joke being called out as bad by the character using it, because she was having a mental break down.

And ascension wasn't that good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There should be a joke in Lower Decks where they do the Vulcan salute as a sex move like the shocker

someone tweet that at the writers for me

I’ve never seen the show but that’s what I assume the jokes are like right. and like lol they do sex in the holodeck

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
You would be very wrong.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
the sex in the holodeck jokes were already flat out text in Deep Space Nine like everything good about Star Trek that hack writers both ignore and pretend they invented

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Escobarbarian posted:

I’ve never seen the show but that’s what I assume the jokes are like right. and like lol they do sex in the holodeck
They do a sex holodeck joke in the first ep.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah but do they address the “what if you poop in the holodeck, does O’Brien have to go in and clean it up” question

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Data Graham posted:

Yeah but do they address the “what if you poop in the holodeck, does O’Brien have to go in and clean it up” question

Yes, and it’s a literally 2 second bit.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That shot of the dinosaur's head coming into view as it chases Spear and Fang around the canyon is one of the coolest things ever and I desperately need to find it in gif form.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yeah the animation this week was incredible. The end in the volcano was amazing.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

That was way too intense for something aired half an hour before I go to bed.

I’ll forgive it though on account of being really really good.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh_vASjvYQE

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I heard the rumors but didn't want to believe them. Please don't. My loving childhood... :negative:

It isn't a show you can loving replicate!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Eh, it seems ok. I’ll give it a shot and if it’s bad it can be thrown on the Hysteria pile.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It gives money to an artist of a webcomic I've read a few times and sorta enjoyed but mostly forgotten about, so I guess it's alright in my books.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Are the voice actors back?

Lest we forget, the animation and about 40% of the content of Animaniacs was garbo

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Data Graham posted:

Lest we forget, the animation and about 40% of the content of Animaniacs was garbo

Yeah Animaniacs is actually fairly easy to replicate; just have 2/3 of an episode be segments that no one cares about.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

When I became an adult capable of understanding all the references in Animaniacs, I also found that I don't really enjoy reference comedy like that. Hopefully people who enjoy movie industry references will still enjoy the new series, but if it doesn't take off, well, that's life. It's not like how well the reboot does will have an effect on childhood memories.

Animaniacs was also ahead of the curve in making fun of goons on forums back in the early 90s. The internet is old. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtmdHiCJNY

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh, 839 is the Animator's Union.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
is this the thread for Ghost in the Shell SAC 2045? I searched ADTRW but couldn't find one

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You can use this thread but there's also this thread which is more specifically about anime on Netflix.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

SlothfulCobra posted:

Animaniacs was also ahead of the curve in making fun of goons on forums back in the early 90s. The internet is old. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtmdHiCJNY

i'm not surprised, didn't an animaniacs/tiny toons voice actress get stalked by an internet weirdo like that?

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

poo poo. Late to it but god daaammmnnn that last episode of Primal. Genndy's signature of badass violence and sadness absolutely peaking while they watch that tortured creature burn. What a thing, just a hell of a show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Turpitude II posted:

i'm not surprised, didn't an animaniacs/tiny toons voice actress get stalked by an internet weirdo like that?

iirc if the legends are true, that sketch was made as a direct response to Tress Macneille (Dot Warner, Babs Bunny, like a thousand other voices) getting harassed by internet creeps

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I know I've heard the story of a crazed stalker fan, but if that's the inspiration for that bit, something was lost along the way, because they only seem to be referencing the fairly benign obsessing over minor errors or exploring the little gags.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

masterpine posted:

poo poo. Late to it but god daaammmnnn that last episode of Primal. Genndy's signature of badass violence and sadness absolutely peaking while they watch that tortured creature burn. What a thing, just a hell of a show.

This episode is one of my favorite types of story, where the protagonists get caught up in someone else's tragedy through unrelated happenstance.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

SlothfulCobra posted:

I know I've heard the story of a crazed stalker fan, but if that's the inspiration for that bit, something was lost along the way, because they only seem to be referencing the fairly benign obsessing over minor errors or exploring the little gags.

I mean if the last few years have shown anything there isn't actually that much of a line between the two behaviors.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/WerewolfLiker/status/1316261943108407296

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I was not ready to see more of Fang's adorable kids.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yeah. A very sad episode .

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

What I thought the episode would be: gently caress yeah witches are gonna get stitches! :black101:

What I got: This is sad. 10/10 best episode yet. :smith:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Finally started watching Primal! Holy poo poo this show is good.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Sorry for the FB link, but AS posted a fun little Primal crossover: https://www.facebook.com/67985126744/posts/10158617968471745

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So I just watched the first 5 eps of Primal on HBO Max and :stare: :stare: :stare:

THIS loving SHOW

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

So I just watched the first 5 eps of Primal on HBO Max and :stare: :stare: :stare:

THIS loving SHOW

I want to say more about it, but I'm not sure what I can say. Even last night as I was watching it with friends, there were multiple times where I started saying something, only to derail myself with a "Holy poo poo!" as some new primordial horror emerged onto the screen. It just speaks for itself so effectively, all you have to do is watch it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I want to say more about it, but I'm not sure what I can say. Even last night as I was watching it with friends, there were multiple times where I started saying something, only to derail myself with a "Holy poo poo!" as some new primordial horror emerged onto the screen. It just speaks for itself so effectively, all you have to do is watch it.

It's such a visual series, in the sense that it takes its time, and lets everything unfold on screen. Plague of Madness has such a long, loving opening that lets us just soak up the lives of the sauropods before getting to the story. One of the things I really love is how Spear will make an observation, and they'll animate him pondering, coming to a conclusion, etc.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/status/1318985402720669697?s=20

It looks ... pretty good actually? :shrug:

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Data Graham posted:

It looks ... pretty good actually? :shrug:

Yeah uh, I dont hate this? What a weird feeling, this seems interesting and i'm looking forward to it.

loving Primal tho man. The animation has been great from the start but anyone else reckon that it's hit another level now? The facial expressions and the kinetic feel of this recent episode, just top notch.

Was NOT ready for those precious Fang kids... gently caress

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

masterpine posted:

Was NOT ready for those precious Fang kids... gently caress

jesus loving christ, :same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hard lol at Fang winning that argument.