Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

His hairline is going back, back back...?

Sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Spoeank posted:

"add up the WAR" just popped into my head and I know it was Fangraphs, I think it was Dave Cameron, but for the life of me, I can't remember what trade it was

Wasn't that Ruben Amaro Jr? Or am I confusing lovely GMs again?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WHEN IT* COMES CRASHIN DOWN AND IT HURTS INSIDE

*your hairline

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Terry Bradshaw’s mullet has become infectious.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Why are the broadcasts for the games today scheduled to overlap? 6:05 is a weird starting time.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spoeank posted:

"add up the WAR" just popped into my head and I know it was Fangraphs, I think it was Dave Cameron, but for the life of me, I can't remember what trade it was
was it a specific trade or more like his basic trade evaluation methodology for years?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

bawfuls posted:

was it a specific trade or more like his basic trade evaluation methodology for years?

I remember the precipitating event for him writing an article about it being a bona fide star for a pile of scrubs, and that's when add up the WAR became an SAS meme. It's driving me absolutely crazy that I can't even come close to finding it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/ByMcCullough/status/1316045570881056771

well gently caress

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Surely Dave Roberts can manage around this setback

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

RIP

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Well good to know it’s all hosed now instead of being strung along into next week I guess

Just so fun to watch the best player in franchise history constantly get cut down by injury

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Formula for Atlanta winning this series:
-Win the games their top starter pitches
-Conjure dark magic to erode the Dodgers starting pitcher depth

we're right on schedule

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

bawfuls posted:

Well good to know it’s all hosed now instead of being strung along into next week I guess

Just so fun to watch the best player in franchise history constantly get cut down by injury

The great ones tell their body "not today"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"please don't let Clayton Kershaw choke in the NLCS"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm cool with the Astros losing to the Rays if it means the Dodgers fall in the same round. Brothers in arms!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

a new postseason hero emerges from the shadows

(none of this will matter if the Dodgers offense remains dormant though)

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 13, 2020

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Well that's one way to neutralize the one clear advantage the Dodgers had

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Ugh, that loving sucks. I'm not a Dodger fan but anyone who doesn't like Kershaw doesn't like baseball.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Back spasms are a pretty big deal for a pitcher, no? As in he might not pitch in this series?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Camargo up to replace Duvall, who's done for the year now

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

just pure clout chaser now

https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/status/1316053857118679040

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

Back spasms are a pretty big deal for a pitcher, no? As in he might not pitch in this series?
Kershaw has missed like 30+ starts going back to 2014 with back issues. The first one was a result of the 14 hour flight to Australia when they had to play that stupid loving series there against Arizona.

So yeah it is bad and also the same chronic injury he's been dealing with for many years now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Man, that's a pretty lovely thing to tweet right after an injury

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Really sucks about Kershaw, would rather have a chance to beat a legend than watch the Braves flail against some elf-sounding motherfucker.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Camargo up to replace Duvall, who's done for the year now

Thank goodness it wasn't Inciarte, who is completely redundant with Pache around but you just know Snitker would've stuck him back in there.

Imagine Riley shifts to the outfield now, and Camargo covers third. Pretty big net downgrade on offense and defense. (Alternately they just leave Pache in there and take the offensive hit to keep the defense intact, Acuña can't cover Riley and Markakis both.)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

maybe if this goes on long enough, some day I can become jokerfied about baseball too

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Intruder posted:

Man, that's a pretty lovely thing to tweet right after an injury

Trevor Bauer is a pretty lovely thing who tweets

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

I get the bit he's doing but man Bauer is not looking great in these "looks like [insert playoff team] needs some pitching eh :smug:" tweets.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
O Kershaw, my Kershaw.

Taking him off the roster means he still would be out if they make the next round, right?

Alex Wood, game 5 4 starter?

Maybe just call up Mitch White and call the series.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

What's up with Kershaw's back? I know it's a thing he's dealt with for years, but is it a degenerative thing, an issue with his weird dip motion or what?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

boroda posted:

O Kershaw, my Kershaw.

Taking him off the roster means he still would be out if they make the next round, right?

Alex Wood, game 5 4 starter?

Maybe just call up Mitch White and call the series.

Oh hey I forgot the Dodgers re-signed Wood, I wonder how he pitched this yea-... oh.

Yeah maybe call up White.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

maybe if this goes on long enough, some day I can become jokerfied about baseball too

do it

as an incessant astros fan, rooting for chaos is much more fun. Remember that nothing matters and sports can't hurt you anymore

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

Sydin posted:

Oh hey I forgot the Dodgers re-signed Wood, I wonder how he pitched this yea-... oh.

Yeah maybe call up White.

11 runs, 9 earned in 12.2 innings, good for -0.4 WAR. Thank goodness he's probably not stretched out.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

Imagine Riley shifts to the outfield now, and Camargo covers third. Pretty big net downgrade on offense and defense. (Alternately they just leave Pache in there and take the offensive hit to keep the defense intact, Acuña can't cover Riley and Markakis both.)
Lineup just submitted with Riley at 3B, Markakis/Pache/Acuña in the OF. Works for me given the options.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Hell call up Josiah Gray. Do you really need a fourth lefty after Gonzalez, Kolarek and McGee

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Lineup just submitted with Riley at 3B, Markakis/Pache/Acuña in the OF. Works for me given the options.

Glad to hear it. Give Pache a chance like he should have got during the regular season instead of riding the bench for a bit before being banished.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

I get the bit he's doing but man Bauer is not looking great in these "looks like [insert playoff team] needs some pitching eh :smug:" tweets.

Bauer was the only pitcher to lose 2 games in the 2016 World Series

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/THEREAL_DV/status/1316080095510003713
This implies the issue is mild enough he will start tomorrow or maybe Thursday, as he usually does this work the day before a start. But I wouldn't be surprised to learn it isn't that mild and he starts game 3 or 4 despite being in significant pain.

Spoeank posted:

do it

as an incessant astros fan, rooting for chaos is much more fun. Remember that nothing matters and sports can't hurt you anymore
You are the opposite of an authority on jokerficiation in baseball fandom. I need guidance from like Mariners fans.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 13, 2020

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Squall posted:

Glad to hear it. Give Pache a chance like he should have got during the regular season instead of riding the bench for a bit before being banished.

He's at least as good as Camargo, who is assured of sucking if given the chance.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

You are the opposite of an authority on jokerficiation in baseball fandom. I need guidance from like Mariners fans.

hello, sacramento kings fan here to tell you that nothing matters except for the chaos outcome (and incessantly rooting for the astros)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

https://twitter.com/THEREAL_DV/status/1316080095510003713
This implies the issue is mild enough he will start tomorrow or maybe Thursday, as he usually does this work the day before a start. But I wouldn't be surprised to learn it isn't that mild and he starts game 3 or 4 despite being in significant pain.

Kershaw is absolutely the guy who just shows up in the pen in full uniform to get his work in after being told in no uncertain terms to stay home and loving rest because he needs to rest his back.