Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

(Boston Globe, April 24, 1910)

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

System Metternich posted:

Tag urself, I'm Himmhamhanhan

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

"Excitement against an enemy (anger) - CAT" is missing a hundred or so letters

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ah, so you're Irish.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Misses the part where horses express fear by dying.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh hey, I've seen your video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnS07NS8110

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Paladinus posted:

Ah, so you're Irish.

The really weird thing is, it's pronounced "havana".

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ultrafilter posted:

Poor Freckles, thought of ants and Yooaw'd

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

ultrafilter posted:

They can't speak if they are dead.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

hahaha cat go schnurr

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am the inability of the horse to express S l o w l y gratified desire(impatience)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Somebody buy :yowoweeuwau: next week. I don't care what's in it, surprise me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKMw2it8dQY

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/OVargas52/status/1314683085275967491?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Didn't know the lib dems also operated in bolivia.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

43% is more than half, right?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Memento posted:

43% is more than half, right?

That’s 43 red, white, and blue American percent, buddy.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

More than half of 80.06, yeah. The chart stands.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I looked up the funding breakdown and it looks like whoever made that graph went "European Commission, right, that's all Europe sorted" and ignored the 19.94% that comes independently from Germany, Denmark and the other EU countries that are individually listed.

Chart comes back around to bad.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

How how Eh how.

vetinari100
Nov 8, 2009

> Make her pay.

Memento posted:

I looked up the funding breakdown and it looks like whoever made that graph went "European Commission, right, that's all Europe sorted" and ignored the 19.94% that comes independently from Germany, Denmark and the other EU countries that are individually listed.

Chart comes back around to bad.

But Germany is right there? More likely they took the top 8 contributors, added China and ignored all others.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

vetinari100 posted:

But Germany is right there? More likely they took the top 8 contributors, added China and ignored all others.

Absolute brain fade on my part, quite right.

I assume from the source (MURICA subreddit) that it was designed to be a dig against China

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/scienceshitpost/status/1315492784552308736?s=20

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

We're going to need a bigger statement.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Ok, I get it now!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

First saw it as a "choose your own adventure" style thing on twitter but this is more appropriate for this thread

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/static-mbc/

quote:

During this project, nearly 1800 individual articles and TV news shows were rated by at least three analysts with different political views (left, right and center). We had 20 analysts, each analyst having analyzed about 370 articles and about 17 TV shows. Each analyst rated approximately three articles from each of the over 100 news sources available for viewing on the Chart. As a result, we have nearly 7,000 individual ratings.

The multi-person ranking per article was designed to minimize the impact of any one person’s political bias on the published ranking, and the breadth of coverage by each analyst over all of the sources was designed to enhance each analyst’s familiarity with sources across the spectrum.

The content ratings research project ran over a course of twelve weeks, with three study periods of three to four weeks each. The articles rated covered a minimum of seven articles per source, but for some larger sources we rated up to over 80 articles.

The sample sets of articles and shows were pulled from sites three times throughout the project, and each time, all articles were pulled on the same day, meaning that they were from the same news cycle. The purpose of pulling all articles from the same day was so that analysts would be able to incorporate evaluations of bias by omission and bias by topic selection.

The type of rating we asked each analyst to provide was an overall coordinate ranking on the chart (i.e., “40, -12”). These rankings were based on the methodology shown and described in Ad Fontes Media’s grading rubrics as of early 2019 (which you may have seen on our website). The ranking methodology is rigorous and rule-based. There are many specific factors we take into account for both reliability and bias because there are many measurable indicators of each. Therefore, the ratings are not simply subjective opinion polling, but rather methodical content analysis. Overall source rankings are composite weighted rankings of the individual article and story scores.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

loving lol @ centrist daily mail. Literally "the paper that supported hitler until the government told them to stop"

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

loving lol @ centrist daily mail. Literally "the paper that supported hitler until the government told them to stop"

Yes, citing an example from 85 years ago sure makes sense. The chart is not without its problems but I find it overall pretty good.

On a different note:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I laugh every time at the placement of Wonkette there.

It's a giant clusterfuck.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Count Roland posted:

Yes, citing an example from 85 years ago sure makes sense.

what are you talking about, that was last week

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dibs on the underserved "slightly left-leaning but extremely unreliable" market

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also want to know how the sunday sport stacks up against the national enquirer.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, that site is US based, and the articles picked were those reporting on American political issues, so from that PoV I'm not surprised The Daily Heil is seen as pretty dammed Centrist / Centre-Right.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Somehow The Blaze and OAN are more reliable than Fox News web articles and less extreme than the FNC's TV content.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Count Roland posted:

Yes, citing an example from 85 years ago sure makes sense. The chart is not without its problems but I find it overall pretty good.

On a different note:

https://budgetmodel.wharton.upenn.edu/issues/2020/1/23/the-biden-tax-plan

Here's the numbers when you don't add in corporate taxes as being paid for by individuals.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Similarly, lots of people don't seem aware that while in the US, CNN is reasonably leftist, CNN World / CNN Europe or whatever it's called tends to be much more neutral.

For charts like that you really need to add from what country you accessed some media, it may change things around quite a bit.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Carbon dioxide posted:

Similarly, lots of people don't seem aware that while in the US, CNN is reasonably leftist, CNN World / CNN Europe or whatever it's called tends to be much more neutral.

For charts like that you really need to add from what country you accessed some media, it may change things around quite a bit.

Yeah, the Guardian Au and the Guardian UK are very different animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

Similarly, lots of people don't seem aware that while in the US, CNN is reasonably leftist

Uh, no