Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1315728697450733568?s=19

Of loving course Yvette Balls is supporting the let cops rape Bill. Of course she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

forkboy84 posted:

It's what gets put up when Google get asked to delete things by the security services.
It's actually a thing Google had to implement when they got sued back in 2014 (I was literally researching that case the first time I saw one)

e: vvv D'oh

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 13, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Borrovan posted:

It's actually a thing Google had to implement when they got sued back in 2014 (I was literally researching that case the first time I saw one)

Yeah, I know, I was trying to do a funny

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Communist Thoughts posted:

yeah fwiw i dont think he is a spook, though i like to say he is because it makes him more interesting

but i do think its entirely possible he's an MI5 asset wittingly or not and he's obviously a member of and supporter of the "security state" as a culture or entity in the UK, like, thats his entire life, campaign and personality
Oh yeah, Starmer is absolutely of the mindset that "the system as it stands is fine and the only changes needed are those that give the state more power - I just want a turn in charge of it." He's the perfect Opposition leader as far as the Establishment are concerned. He'll still get monstered to protect the Tories.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Herman Ze German is shutting down, taking London's best chips with it. I'm honestly a bit heartbroken. Their currywurst was one of my favourite lunches when working in Soho.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1315904002597572612?s=19

lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
But so is Munira Mirza, Johnsons, Director of Policy (former RCP member).
How come that isn't also blasted all over the Times?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
That's an impressively un-catchy chant, I have to say.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

BizarroAzrael posted:

Herman Ze German is shutting down, taking London's best chips with it. I'm honestly a bit heartbroken. Their currywurst was one of my favourite lunches when working in Soho.
I've only ever seen those at train stations, and thought their logo was Ambrose Everett Burnside as a poo.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/fromstevehowell/status/1315754219601887234?s=21

https://twitter.com/coralivesey/status/1315791690381303809?s=21

https://twitter.com/pickardje/status/1315903385447604224?s=21

https://twitter.com/angelarayner/status/1315935662613430273?s=21

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

no!! gently caress dammit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ClientJournoExp/status/1315933910912700416?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I never thought the leopards would eat my face says man who released the leopards on his boss

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/estwebber/status/1315916615544963072?s=21

https://twitter.com/estwebber/status/1315920643565723649?s=21

Parliament straight-up eats its employees.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Pistol_Pete posted:

The SWP's whole raison d'etre is turning up at protests and loving them up with bad chants I think.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also newspapers, sex crime hierarchies, and racist jazz.

Honestly think they took a look at the Church/BBC/Scouts and tried to remake it in their image.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's also impressively unoriginal. There may be older versions, but it goes back to Vietnam and "Hey, hey, LBJ"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Hard leftism like being opposed to kid killing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pointing out that the UK kills children is very unpatriotic and therefore very hard leftism.

You should be opposed to it but only, like, theoretically, not to the point of stopping the army or the royals from doing it.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

It's like nukes - we won't go around nuking people but we want the ability to nuke people without complaint and also we're willing to nuke people if the situation arises.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1315955899467550722

lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Poor poundshop paul, got on telly and ate poo poo.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

Pointing out that the UK kills children is very unpatriotic and therefore very hard leftism.

You should be opposed to it but only, like, theoretically, not to the point of stopping the army or the royals from doing it.
Tutting disapprovingly is the highest form of activism and the British public are therefore very politically engaged

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Definitely has a humiliation fetish & is mad the BBC aren't getting him off

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Jose posted:

I never thought the leopards would eat my face says man who released the leopards on his boss

They actually think their collusion with the press in their treachery towards Corbyn was justified and so it won't happen to them. The media has probably sat on loads of dodgy stories about Keith and co. these last few months, but they'll be ready to be brought up whenever the media's bosses decide they've stepped out of line.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

What was amazing when the original investigation was opened was how many of the right leaning media blowhards don't understand how police complaints work. If you believed Julie Hartley Brewer, Iain Dale or Lol Fox, they genuinely thought every officer in the Met was being taken off the street to read Grimey's pissbaby rantings against cancel culture and the woke BBC and knife crime epidemic was about to sweep the city

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Lol "with even the minor degree of responsibility required etc"

It's funny how the UK is like a 24/7 clown shoes madhouse of corruption and sleaze but we break every 10 minutes to talk about decorum as if we were a 17th century gentleman

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol so the government won its decision on destroying food standards. were there any rebels in the end?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It's more that respectable media entities jump at the chance to hire anyone controversial aspiring new talent without bothering with any sort of check on the sort of shite they spout.
And then they turn out to be a nazi and they have to frantically cancel the contract of the writer otherwise known as xxx!HitlerlovingSephiroth!xxx while giving them a thin defense on the grounds of free speech so they don't look like a bunch of cunts who hired a nazi to write for them.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Tory corruption finally snapped Limmy’s brain

https://twitter.com/daftlimmy/status/1315210798885732352?s=21

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Had the pleasure of meeting democracy at a charity do once. It was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
You'd have thought the agriculture bill would be a bigger internal issue for the tories because it should theoretically have caused a split between the neoliberal wing of the party and the old school conservative nationalists, but it doesn't seem like it did, particularly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tories are venal cowards, they will go along with whatever keeps them in booze and money.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

yeah politics is secondary to corruption, and they have a big majority so the gravy train has at least 4 years to go

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

I genuinely don’t get why this story seems to have gone nowhere. Yes our media is right wing, but even so overt financial corruption stories are usually catnip for them and they will report against anyone.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The BBC is controlled by the government and the rest of the press want them in government.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Jose posted:

lol so the government won its decision on destroying food standards. were there any rebels in the end?

14 i think, including Douglas Ross.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Like think about your job, do you give a poo poo what you're doing as long as you get paid? They are getting paid to run stories about covid, I don't really see why the media production process should select for things in the public interest. Any more than the movie industry should select for good movies.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 13, 2020

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
So do we know who has shares in PPE Medpro Ltd, or who the directors are, or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Two private citizens in the Isle of Man, who are not required to declare an interest iirc.