Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Smitty is OK with this situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
You might think that Smitty is standing further back, but they are actually standing right next to each other.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

BrightWing posted:

Smitty is OK with this situation

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Av/post combo right here.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I wouldn't be that surprised if Annie didn't make it into the top 10 after all. There are a lot of good characters, and Annie essentially... cost twice as much to vote for.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Mighty Eyebrows Boy deserved more votes imo.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Ditocoaf posted:

I wouldn't be that surprised if Annie didn't make it into the top 10 after all. There are a lot of good characters, and Annie essentially... cost twice as much to vote for.

She split the vote.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Ditocoaf posted:

I could see the two of them having one spot with their combined score, with their individual scores shown as well.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Get out of here, Loupulon. No one likes your style.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Since the Annie vote will likely be split between the two Annies, it stands to reason that Loup should have gotten the Ysengrin+Coyote votes.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
That's quite a big jump from 7th to 6th in number of votes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well to be fair I think Mort was already dead, unless he somehow managed to double-die after the comic started.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

pik_d posted:

That's quite a big jump from 7th to 6th in number of votes
That's how polls like this always end up.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

CJacobs posted:

Well to be fair I think Mort was already dead, unless he somehow managed to double-die after the comic started.

That's pretty much what him joining the ether was

Vonnie posted:

That's how polls like this always end up.

I guess, it's just that 10th-7th spanned only 557 votes and this one was a jump of 2507. Do we know how many total voters there were?

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

pik_d posted:

I guess, it's just that 10th-7th spanned only 557 votes and this one was a jump of 2507. Do we know how many total voters there were?

4884, assuming they just rounded down to the nearest 10 for the total votes of 14,650.

Normally the biggest gap is between 3rd and 4th place, but that's usually because it's 1 vote per person not 3

edit: No wait it's 14650 VOTERS, not votes.

My guess is top 5 will be Annie, Kat, Renard, Jones, and Zimmy, in that order.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 11, 2020

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Vonnie posted:

4884, assuming they just rounded down to the nearest 10 for the total votes of 14,650.

Normally the biggest gap is between 3rd and 4th place, but that's usually because it's 1 vote per person not 3

edit: No wait it's 14650 VOTERS, not votes.

My guess is top 5 will be Annie, Kat, Renard, Jones, and Zimmy, in that order.

but which annie

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

pik_d posted:

That's pretty much what him joining the ether was

My god, I hadn't thought of it that way :eyepop:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I am starting to worry that Dr Disaster might not be in the top 10.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Cat Mattress posted:

I am starting to worry that Dr Disaster might not be in the top 10.

Who?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Dr. Randy Disaster, teacher of the best class in Gunnerkrigg Court

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

yes

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Tony made top four.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

That robot scored much, much higher than Robot.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
If Zimmy ain’t top three I’m gonna be so mad!!!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Annie, Kat, Renard, Paz, Tony, Zimmy.

Pick four.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Who do people dislike more at this point, Paz or Tony? Hmmm...

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Boxbot with the win out of nowhere

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Jones looking pretty snazzy

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Good thing Jones has no emotions, or this might get awkward for ol' Jims.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I bet Kat’s #1

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

aegof posted:

Good thing Jones has no emotions, or this might get awkward for ol' Jims.
One "I understand that you are now to suck on deez nuts, James" later...

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Aww, Zimmy is fourth. :)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So between Annie, Annie, Kat and Reynard, not only did not all of them make the top four, one of them didn't even make the top ten.

I'm guessing it's Court Annie that got shafted? I wouldn't have thought that many people would still be not seeing her as the "real" Annie but that's the only explanation I can think of.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tenebrais posted:

I'm guessing it's Court Annie that got shafted? I wouldn't have thought that many people would still be not seeing her as the "real" Annie but that's the only explanation I can think of.

It's a kink in the voting system. The limited number of votes makes her an uninteresting candidate compared to more exciting options. She would do much better if it was a series of "pick one of these two" or "just give a number grade for each character".

(This is not saying that the method Tom used was bad. It just favors some characters more than the others)

Kennel fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 13, 2020

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I said this back at the time but splitting the Annies meant I voted for neither of them rather than pick one.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

So between Annie, Annie, Kat and Reynard, not only did not all of them make the top four, one of them didn't even make the top ten.

After the top 10 is done and Annie doesn't show up, it's going to be the bonus page where she tells everyone good job.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Anni isn’t in the top 10. No one likes her.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The top three is Kat, Reynard and Anthony. :smugdog:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Regy Rusty posted:

I said this back at the time but splitting the Annies meant I voted for neither of them rather than pick one.

Solomon would be proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tenebrais posted:

Tony ballot stuffing again