Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Vegastar posted:

Edit: bonus points if you can access an individual "my goldmine" section of you forum profile to see the posts you've voted for in case you want to go back and find a specific one without having to troll through a 400 page thread from hell.

I would kill for a feature like this. A personal section of posts you like would be amazing in places where some good content is buried in a megathread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Redirect forums traffic to the front page for a week imho

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

FLETA BRINGS BACK FASHION SWAT

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Throw money at @Arr so we can get more of the good poo poo.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

give commission for goon-designed merch on your store

here's some of mine

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Change the tag line to “a duty free zone”

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Partner with (successful) creators that cut their teeth on the forum to feature their content on the FP

Just not like...the expensive ones :v:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Knot My President! posted:

how many thousands of dollars have goons spent gifting Bad Rats to friends during steam sales?

$0.50 to make make a person's posts wrapped in a speech bubble and have everything they post start with "As a Libertarian, I" for a day is money well spent imo

only if said posts made during that period remain so wrapped and prefixed.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
24hour live goon cam

Barudak
May 7, 2007

snuggle baby luvs hugs posted:

24hour live goon cam

A $1 button to deposit a single cooked mcnugget into their environment.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Cameo marketplace but for goons who offer to read posts written by other goons for a fee.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
we should use it to promote Goon works and creative stuff made by people on the forums.

blink polyfill
Feb 29, 2020

Current forums dashboard, "best-of forums" aggregated posts, maybe a comedy writing sub-forum where 5 star posts get turned into front page articles.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Front page should be the old lemonparty page.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

High quality organic optimized content. Lots of it. Ideally stolen from the forums with zero accreditation.

Increase the paywall to peek behind the curtain, with and extra tenner added to the fee every time you get banned.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Vegastar posted:

Real talk: add a goldmine button for individual posts but the counts arent visible user-side, only mods/admins/frontpage can see what posts are getting voted, preferably on a by-subforum basis since each has its own quantity of activity.

Should help aggregate highlights and high-effort quality content without turning in to a lovely popularity contest internet points game.

I like this

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
SA is a community built around the forums. How do separately published articles fit into the forum model? Not at all, it turns out. Even if an article attracts some people, they will read it and go away - no lasting influence on the health of the website.

If there is any future for front page articles at all, it should be in a form that is fully integrated into the forums. Articles should lead to engagement with posters, either by making articles into forum threads, or by making some script that would attach threads to articles published in a CMS. Either way, opening up any front page content should ultimately take you to the forums.

Also 1) articles and "static" content should only take up a minority of the front page, with the rest dedicated to showing active threads and threads / posts pinned by mods. 2) The dated content of the front page shouldn't be more than couple of weeks old, or people will naturally assume the site is dead.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
we should absolutely adopt the model of "hot threads featured prominently on the front page," a technique used prominently on the LivingWithStyle forums.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
If anyone wants to do a fashion SWAT I literally have no way or idea on how to organize it and get it done but consarnit let’s give it an ol goon try

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

goons.jpg coffee table book

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

teen witch posted:

If anyone wants to do a fashion SWAT I literally have no way or idea on how to organize it and get it done but consarnit let’s give it an ol goon try

Why not make a fashion SWAT thread

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
FWIW some of the ex frontpage writers did keep up the D&D swat articles, on their own personal offsite, so the last crop of us kind of assumed we'd be stepping on their toes if we brought it back after they had left.

i'm not saying don't make threads about it, just that's the reason why we didn't go forward with our plans. i co-wrote a fashion SWAT piece about the opening songs for some bollywood movies but ultimately we felt it ran close to what others had already done.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If that's the Bad Guys Win site, the last WTF D&D article is like five years old.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

FWIW some of the ex frontpage writers did keep up the D&D swat articles, on their own personal offsite, so the last crop of us kind of assumed we'd be stepping on their toes if we brought it back after they had left.

i'm not saying don't make threads about it, just that's the reason why we didn't go forward with our plans. i co-wrote a fashion SWAT piece about the opening songs for some bollywood movies but ultimately we felt it ran close to what others had already done.

I don’t want to piss on SWATs prior so if they’ve done it earlier, nbd.

steinrokkan posted:

Why not make a fashion SWAT thread

If prior authors are cool with it, sure totally. Until then, I’ll put a pin in it

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

steinrokkan posted:

If that's the Bad Guys Win site, the last WTF D&D article is like five years old.

Yes, and? It's their baby.

related but goddamn this poo poo slaps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG1K5YzmmBA

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I mean they didnt invent the concept of fashion police, and also I'm pretty sure they are not active here anyway.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

teen witch posted:

I don’t want to piss on SWATs prior so if they’ve done it earlier, nbd.

If prior authors are cool with it, sure totally. Until then, I’ll put a pin in it

feel free to take the lead on literally anything you feel interested in, it just needs a modern name, you know?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AFCAB

All fashion cops are bastards?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

Teen Witch, you're on.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

teen witch posted:

I ASKED FIRST HEY

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ladies, Gentlemen, please, there is enough hideous high fashion and trashy halloween costumes for everyone.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Post a link to every goon family business on the front page

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fashion Swat was funny, but it was just Vice's Do's and Don'ts, except not written by the future founding father of the biggest hate group in America.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Fashion Swat was funny, but it was just Vice's Do's and Don'ts, except not written by the future founding father of the biggest hate group in America.

So far

Who knows what FSWAT 2.0 Noscope 360 and Knuckles can cause

(If you’d like in, idk shoot me a dm)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol, good point.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i want to be in fashion swat, to only write nice things about the fashions no matter how horrible they are

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

It should highlight all the internet poo poo that was invented here. The good stuff anyway.

the home of all your base, slenderman, benghazi and pupkin murder

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
this is where the 4chan founder got banned from

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Miss posted:

i want to be in fashion swat, to only write nice things about the fashions no matter how horrible they are

I support this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I support this.

We all say this and then you find that one fashion take thats laser targeted to upset you such as "what if you were a giant but your mom remarried to a normal human and you now have to inherit your older stepbrothers hand me downs which would be fine if he didn't think Scarlett O'Hara wearing a curtain was a lifestyle?"