Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

I will turn off 5G the instant I get this phone if the modem isn't built in.
They got it thinner by making the modem an external dongle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
IUP is eligible after 12 payments, right? If so, mine happen on the 26th and it'll be #12.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

When is someone going to be brave enough to release a slower chip.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s interesting how they are comparing the speeds on this chip.

50% faster?? Compared to what???

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Its interesting how they are comparing the speeds on this chip.

The A13 probably. They don't compare to Qualcomm anymore because they aren't competing with them.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

It’s interesting how they are comparing the speeds on this chip.

I would assume over the A13? But you're not wrong to be confused

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
who in the world needs constant performance upgrades just to shitpost on twitter and watch funny cat videos on youtube.

Just make a phone that has a nice screen and fast internet and space to fit music and files and that's all you need.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh for gently caress's sake

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
What does iPhone even do with Machine Learning?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

League of Legends is one of the best games of all time? lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

who in the world needs constant performance upgrades just to shitpost on twitter and watch funny cat videos on youtube.

If my cat videos don't load .5 seconds faster then it's complete poo poo and I don't want to even look at the phone anymore.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The most popular game... I'm of course talking about Fortnite LoL

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
League of Legends. Never understood why it's so popular.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yeah because it needs to be easier to feed in LoL

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

For the record Apple, "internet speed" isn't the reason why people play League of Legends on PC, or the barrier stopping them from wanting to play on mobile devices.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

50% is a brazen claim. Does anyone have a link to that comparison a site did about Apple's battery claims? Every year they're like "This iPhone lasts 4 hour longer than last year's model", which if you followed it through the original ended up meaning the current iPhone should last like 36 hours or something.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

The A13 probably. They don't compare to Qualcomm anymore because they aren't competing with them.

I would say that but they don’t explicitly say which is odd.

She mentioned the average smart phone chip.

Weird.

Also LOL at lol

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Zero One posted:

What does iPhone even do with Machine Learning?
Is the hardware even available for use in third party applications? Are there public APIs?

Or is it just for Siri and the iPhone camera?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Game Like A ProTM

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

ratbert90 posted:

If my cat videos don't load .5 seconds faster then it's complete poo poo and I don't want to even look at the phone anymore.

yes that's why the 5G is a good feature I'm talking about the fact that they're spending an hour talking about a chipset that no one uses.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

drat, my XS Maxxxxxxx is just about paid off. Was thinking I'd be fine, but seeing all the leaks on the fancy camera are making me second-guess myself. I've got twin toddlers that are still in the cute phase and I take a billion pictures of them. Don't want to miss my window before they become assholes and I stop bothering to take pictures.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
So the iPhone 12 is just the iPhone 11 but with a faster processor and 5g support?

The camera array looks exactly the same too.

How are people supposed to know that I have the new one? What's the point of getting the new shiny if I can't use it to flex.

Edit: Magsafe for iPhone does look pretty sweet though.

CerealKilla420 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 13, 2020

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lol 1.6f gently caress off. I have a 1.2f lens for my D7500 :smug:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

64bit_Dophins posted:

So the iPhone 12 is just the iPhone 11 but with a faster processor and 5g support?

How are people supposed to know that I have the new one? What's the point of getting the new shiny if I can't use it to flex.

It will look like a 5s, the best looking iPhone ever

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Al-Saqr posted:

Just make a phone that has a nice screen and fast internet and space to fit music and files and that's all you need.

They’ve already made a few of them. Like the SE.

Honestly what’s the point of posts like these?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Missed the first 30 or so minutes. Any word of touch-id on power button making its way to iPhone 12 (yet)? That’s about the only thing that would make me upgrade from my XS.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

64bit_Dophins posted:

Corners!

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

64bit_Dophins posted:

The screen is probably the single best upgrade over the 11. OLED is a huge step over even the best LCD.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

lmao that wallet is adorable

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hahaha MagSafe

That’s why no charger.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

64bit_Dophins posted:

i'm buying for the smaller size. all this other hoopla, whatever.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Will magsafe prevent me from continuously knocking my phone to the ground when I reach for it in the morning to shut off the alarm?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rumors were that MagSafe would be in the case. But it's built into the phone now? :psypop:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh poo poo the Power Mat! Haha

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Every year Apple releases a new iPhone

Every year some goon is like "Pfff, why new iPhone CrApple? What's the point?!" :smug:

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Hahaha MagSafe

That’s why no charger.

omfg

Weedle
May 31, 2006

these magsafe pads are going to be like a hundred dollars aren't they

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT