Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i say swears online posted:

drat it's been so long since a trueanon stream that they've been time-bumped from their twitch channel
yeah i noticed that. I liked watching Brace play Deus Ex and was hoping he'd continue it :smith:

i think that may have even been the last stream they did, or that one truthfeed when the protests were going on was pretty good. it's just the occasional weird yung chomsky synth thingy.

also :rip: stavvy solves your problems. if matt stops doing his stream then i'd probably forget all about twitch entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hasan still owns and then there's all the weirdo small streamers i follow like green screen weather guy and marcus garvey church guy

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"the left" and "developing a career/brand/image" are mutually exclusive concepts and all grifters should be shunned and ignored. You can't dream of a new world while you're busy building the old.

Including the modern day Trotsky, Virgil Texas.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the pod deserves better adversaries, it’s most vocal critics are so often just enormous humorless losers

https://twitter.com/antifashgordon/status/1315923881597771777?s=21

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the pod deserves better adversaries, it’s most vocal critics are so often just enormous humorless losers

where's the clip of tom sexton reciting James 5

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/shane_burley1/status/1316064494708162560

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i just started listening to trueanon a bit ago, but podcasters are the new left? buh

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Matt getting mad at the chat or him not understanding something technologically related to the stream are the best parts.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

fits my needs posted:

i just started listening to trueanon a bit ago, but podcasters are the new left? buh
escape while you still can

also no. only amongst terminally online weirdos whose start and end point is posting on twitter or tumblr and then mad calling everyone nazbols or something

that said it would be dumb to discredit all podcast-y poo poo entirely from 2016 onward, just like it would be dumb to discredit 2003-6 Daily Show as having no influence at all in anti-bush admin sentiment. certainly its an outlet for people who "am i just insane, why are all these libs sucking off conservatives putrefying dicks and doing all these war crimes while complaining about privilege and not enough pussy hats?? why are we giving money to rich people and complaining about the deficit and media nods along as if this is normal?" and some way of getting synthesized information outside of just curated NPR/MSNBC horseshit.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

escape while you still can

also no. only amongst terminally online weirdos whose start and end point is posting on twitter or tumblr and then mad calling everyone nazbols or something

that said it would be dumb to discredit all podcast-y poo poo entirely from 2016 onward, just like it would be dumb to discredit 2003-6 Daily Show as having no influence at all in anti-bush admin sentiment. certainly its an outlet for people who "am i just insane, why are all these libs sucking off conservatives putrefying dicks and doing all these war crimes while complaining about privilege and not enough pussy hats?? why are we giving money to rich people and complaining about the deficit and media nods along as if this is normal?" and some way of getting synthesized information outside of just curated NPR/MSNBC horseshit.

yeah i just see it as a continuation of revolutions or hardcore history, but just discussing modern day poo poo.

trueanons been good for like summarizing/condensing stuff that's happened within the last 20 years or so, but provides historical context to further understanding. yeah, some of the stuff is kinda out there, but overall seems fine :shrug:

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

since when have they ever said gently caress rioting or gently caress mutual aid lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I don’t care if any of them do “good work” tbh that group of antifascist twitter activists are some of the most annoying and disingenuous dumbasses on that site

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

a Loving Dog posted:

I don’t care if any of them do “good work” tbh that group of antifascist twitter activists are some of the most annoying and disingenuous dumbasses on that site

mlyp

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
essentially kiwifarms shitheads but woke

and Emily Gorcenski is definitely a spook and also probably complicit in global murder

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

T-man posted:

"the left" and "developing a career/brand/image" are mutually exclusive concepts and all grifters should be shunned and ignored. You can't dream of a new world while you're busy building the old.

Including the modern day Trotsky, Virgil Texas.

lol imagine Virgil leading the Red Army

Oh my god now armored trains make so much sense

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

what about my little pony?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

friendship is communism

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

noooo my vapid cultural consumption must be moral, the finest most upstanding people lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

a Loving Dog posted:

Is this the breadtube thing i hear about? or is that a different group of annoying disingenuous dumbasses trying to slay the interloper?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

and Emily Gorcenski is definitely a spook and also probably complicit in global murder

saw a thread of her past tweets about making some sort of defense tech/software and was just like wtffff this mfer is bragging about how good her murder tech was

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Xaris posted:

Is this the breadtube thing i hear about? or is that a different group of annoying disingenuous dumbasses trying to slay the interloper?

different lol, if I had to guess the “antifascists” (Gordon, Gwen Snyder, Emily G mentioned above, various hanger-ons) probably hate breadtube too

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

who watches streamers and youtubers debate. someone must because it seems to happen a lot. that format seems so boring and awkward to me.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
watching goons slowly turn into phil greaves has owned tbh

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i'm golfing right now

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Xaris posted:

you're looking for the term "cspammer"

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Dr. Killjoy posted:

essentially kiwifarms shitheads but woke

She tweeted about how she got funding as an undergrad to design software for drones to follow people. And then she whined about how “tankies” think that’s bad. I hate her so much.

“Oh, I simply designed the wedding-seeking missiles! How could I have know that the US military would use them in Afghanistan?”

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

saw a thread of her past tweets about making some sort of defense tech/software and was just like wtffff this mfer is bragging about how good her murder tech was

"lethality engineer" lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

Feh. Je déteste modern media. Now to engage with my Criterion classics :lofty:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

sorry to ruin your "fun"

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Atrocious Joe posted:

who watches streamers and youtubers debate. someone must because it seems to happen a lot. that format seems so boring and awkward to me.

agreed, watching two guys sit in their gamer chairs and try to own each other sounds like the worst possible way to spend time, and I watch people simulate games in nba 2K for fun.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

agreed, watching two guys sit in their gamer chairs and try to own each other sounds like the worst possible way to spend time, and I watch people simulate games in nba 2K for fun.

You post in this thread which is worse than both lol loser

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
People like Emily Gorcenski and Robert Evans need to be treated as potential Adrian Lamos. Cheer them on when they attack your enemies but don't let them have your ip address.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm pretty sure Emily can get my IP address if she wants it. Evans would just break into my house and throw knives at all my bagels.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Learning from the newest TrueAnon that ghislanes dad made tetris finally made the epstein case feel real to me

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hedenius posted:

She tweeted about how she got funding as an undergrad to design software for drones to follow people. And then she whined about how “tankies” think that’s bad. I hate her so much.

“Oh, I simply designed the wedding-seeking missiles! How could I have know that the US military would use them in Afghanistan?”
she's just like the replicant in blade runner. she's bad... but she also saves your rear end one time from some bad guys while you're uncovering the truth about your childhood memories implanted by the evil corporation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYPSa4xh8BU&t=162s

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
to stretch this analogy as far as i can possibly go, trueanon and radio war nerd are the ones who help you discover the truth... or something... work with me here

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

T-man posted:

Learning from the newest TrueAnon that ghislanes dad made tetris finally made the epstein case feel real to me

problematic faves

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Noam Chomsky is Deckard trying to spend his last days in a big Elvis hotel in peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

made some hot coco, and booted up rocket league on switch. time to eat some serious pod. i have gone for non-contemporary politics pods this week, so i'm switching between inside the exorcist, infinite cast, wildthing space invaders, faculty of horror and the scaredy cat podcast.

FoH is really good, feminist academics and horror buffs chatting horror flicks. scaredy cat is kinda lib but i like horror flick chat. i tried some reply all but they have major "lib podcaster" voice, any eps i should try to get over that?