Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Eric Kripke has confirmed that Cindy and Ryan will both be in S3. Report is on GamesRadar if you want more details, although there isn't much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Here’s a really cool post from Starr RE all the Nazi poo poo.

https://twitter.com/antonystarr/status/1315878875222638592?s=21

LMAO. I had forgotten about this scene and folded it into the one with Stormfront talking to Ryan, where he has a similar reaction.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I think Vic is just a hydromancer like how lamplighter was a pyromancer. Your head has alotta liquid

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Thundercracker posted:

Lol, if her eyes hadn't gone white. It'll be 100 pages of goons arguing if she was the head popper until season 3.

This is it. This is the answer. The cloudy eyes were just a way to tell the (typically dumb as gently caress) audience that yes she is the one popping heads with super powers. And yes all it takes is some cheap contact lenses to cover it up.

It's amazing how much people intentionally try to ignore the facts presented on the show because they hate the idea that there is one less thing to speculate on for the next year.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol cause her to blow up her own head by throwing a mirror up at the last second a la medusa

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Thundercracker posted:

Lol, if her eyes hadn't gone white. It'll be 100 pages of goons arguing if she was the head popper until season 3.

Exactly. And for this, I am eternally grateful. Just think of the, at least, months of dumbass arguments that just vanished into nothingness.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
I first thought Cindy from Sage Hollow was maybe the same actress and we had an identical twin situation so I'm in no position to mock anybody.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Cuz he's a damp, sad-sack, melted Dennis Quaid that Starlight would never go for :mad:

https://twitter.com/katefeetie/status/1051948710022836230?s=20

(Jack Quaid is 6'1")

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Jack's actual gf is a cutie but i'm pretty sure she doesn't have super powers.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

lol cause her to blow up her own head by throwing a mirror up at the last second a la medusa

I do wonder what Frenchie would come up with to attack someone who can explode your head by looking at you. Blinding powder? Fight her in the dark?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

jabby posted:

I do wonder what Frenchie would come up with to attack someone who can explode your head by looking at you. Blinding powder? Fight her in the dark?

You ever see The Simpsons episode "Faith Off"?

Just put a bucket full of glue on top of a door that's slightly ajar, and then call AOC into the room. Door opens, bucket falls and gets glued to her head. Checkmate.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

BetterLekNextTime posted:

She's got to be working for Vought Corp, right? So far she's (presumably) splatted the CIA agent who was going to work with the Boys trying to take down Vought, the the witness in a hearing where Vought secrets were going to be spilled, and the cult leader who has dirt on a bunch of Vought supes.

The case for her working for Vought is strong, but I'm leaning towards her being independent:

1. Why Shockwave? Vought had no plans to rehire A-Train at the time. Killing Vought employees might have been to deflect blame, but killing a Supe while the rest of the Seven stood around confused on live TV would seem to badly undercut the narrative that "the only thing that can stop a bad guy with powers is a good guy with powers."

2. She spares the Boys after the Deputy Director has just fingered Vought in front of them. Maybe that was because of limitations on her power, but later she meets Mallory, the Boys, and their star whistleblower (whom no one else knows exists yet) at a private home. Even if she couldn't personally kill them, why not text Edgar to send over HL or a SWAT team? Why not kill Mallory at the hearing?

Avasculous fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 13, 2020

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Head popping could be effected by range since we can assume she popped the deputy directors head from a farther distance than any other popping on screen and she was the only one with the nose bleed.
Could be her eyes only get cloudy from a certain range.

Also who gives a poo poo.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Avasculous posted:

The case for her working for Vought is strong, but I'm leaning towards her being independent:

Why Shockwave? Vought had no plans to rehire A-Train at the time. Killing Vought employees might have been to deflect blame, but killing a Supe while the rest of the Seven stood around confused on live TV would seem to badly undercut the narrative that "the only thing that can stop a bad guy with powers is a good guy with powers."

It is shown that she also worked with the Scientologist guy, so I assume he asked for this, at least, as part of their arrangement.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

When your apartment working from home decor gets the depressed queen Maeve vibe...

<sticks Queen Maeve’s meatless lasagna in the oven as I drink a box of white wine>

That made me laugh so much

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Avasculous posted:

1. Why Shockwave? Vought had no plans to rehire A-Train at the time. Killing Vought employees might have been to deflect blame, but killing a Supe while the rest of the Seven stood around confused on live TV would seem to badly undercut the narrative that "the only thing that can stop a bad guy with powers is a good guy with powers."

Haven't read the comics and only watched through the one time so this is me just devil's advocating here but we don't know what Vought's plans are. Maybe Shockwave was just expendable...Or it could be Shockwave noticed who was poppin so she did it for self preservation? Who knows...

quote:

2. She spares the Boys after the Deputy Director has just fingered Vought in front of them. Maybe that was because of limitations on her power, but later she meets Mallory, the Boys, and their star whistleblower (whom no one else knows exists yet) at a private home. Even if she couldn't personally kill them, why not text Edgar to send over HL or a SWAT team? Why not kill Mallory at the hearing?

I'm tempted to write that off as plot-necessary... I mean, if your super assassin killed everyone in the first 10 minutes you wouldn't have much of a show. The Compound V news didn't end up harming Vought, so maybe they were planning to release that info to the public anyway... or it would be better PR for the Seven to take down this dangerous terrorist cell rather than have it done incognito.

Maybe they just didn't have time to show this, but it seems like if there was a mysterious rogue actor supe who was knocking off Vought supes and high government officials, Vought would have made a much bigger show of going after them or protecting people. Heck, most of S1 was scouring the earth for whoever killed Translucent, and nobody in the public even knew that happened.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Only an idiot would assume that notAOC is not working with Vought. She is a genderbent Vic the Veep, a Vought company man, smarter than him too.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Defiance Industries posted:

Having flashbacks to people in the theater after Fury Road saying "so what was wrong with the water? That guy said people could get addicted to it"

My favorite go-to for this kind of thing was Inglorious Basterds and the dozens and dozens of posts in various places asking "what gave away Lt. Hicox in the basement tavern scene?" when the very next scene had a character literally describe and visually demonstrate, in the middle of the screen, what had given him away.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sarcastro posted:

My favorite go-to for this kind of thing was Inglorious Basterds and the dozens and dozens of posts in various places asking "what gave away Lt. Hicox in the basement tavern scene?" when the very next scene had a character literally describe and visually demonstrate, in the middle of the screen, what had given him away.

What the gently caress? The movie literally explains it to you. With hand signals and everything. In my favorite scene in my favorite Tarantino movie. (The whole thing, not just the explanation.)

People are loving stupid.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

thrawn527 posted:

What the gently caress? The movie literally explains it to you. With hand signals and everything. In my favorite scene in my favorite Tarantino movie. (The whole thing, not just the explanation.)

People are loving stupid.

There's a reason that's my go-to for "people are loving stupid [about movies/TV]". It was truly stupefying.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Sarcastro posted:

There's a reason that's my go-to for "people are loving stupid [about movies/TV]". It was truly stupefying.

Anyone here who follows The Boys thread knows how dumb audiences can be, even ones that actively post on social media and message forums about the thing they just watched. The thread recently concluded that what seemed like a visual inconsistency/plot hole for the season cliffhanger was actually specifically designed to spell out what happened and who did it. That without that inconsistency, too many people would have asked, "wait, who did it?" They needed the benefit of what was basically a giant arrow pointing at the character with the text "they did it!" I hate being vague, but I want to avoid spoilers since it's so new.

People have terrible memories and view things as mistakes in writing rather than mistakes in viewing.

Edit: I watched Inception with an ex girlfriend who was seemingly lost throughout the entire movie. I wound up spending the 15 minute ride home explaining the entire damned thing to her, including what the top at the end meant.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 13, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This thread is nothing compared to The Office threads. We had one idiot in here, those threads would have about five or six people per episode being confused by something or totally misreading a situation. Or arguing about how snow looks, or CGI cheeseballs, or if it was a bike chain or a bungee cord. I aquit.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Thundercracker posted:

If it wasn't for threadbans we'd have a dude doing this anyway.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Solice Kirsk posted:

This thread is nothing compared to The Office threads. We had one idiot in here, those threads would have about five or six people per episode being confused by something or totally misreading a situation. Or arguing about how snow looks, or CGI cheeseballs, or if it was a bike chain or a bungee cord. I aquit.

christ, I thought I'd buried those memories. Thanks a lot.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"Mike's voice" was always my favourite goon televisual illiteracy moment

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006

Prowler posted:

The thread recently concluded that what seemed like a visual inconsistency/plot hole for the season cliffhanger was actually specifically designed to spell out what happened and who did it. That without that inconsistency, too many people would have asked, "wait, who did it?" They needed the benefit of what was basically a giant arrow pointing at the character with the text "they did it!" I hate being vague, but I want to avoid spoilers since it's so new.

People have terrible memories and view things as mistakes in writing rather than mistakes in viewing.

Edit: I watched Inception with an ex girlfriend who was seemingly lost throughout the entire movie. I wound up spending the 15 minute ride home explaining the entire damned thing to her, including what the top at the end meant.

I think most of the people were complaining about it being misleading, not inconsistent, but I can't be assed to comb through a tv show for all the details I missed, much less a thread's posts about said tv show, so whatever.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

jabby posted:

Auditory/visual nausea-thing.

Can't pop heads if you can't look straight!

Or a giant flashbang.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Phi230 posted:

Love sausage better join the boys next season

Yeah, it's a shame they didn't make him an actual character. Vas was awesome in the comic.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I could see how it makes sense with The Office, a lot of the humor there is based on social cues and awkwardness, and lots of goons/other internet people are very socially inept. But not getting how the hand gesture in Inglorious Basterds gives the guy up is baffling to me.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Mameluke posted:

"Mike's voice" was always my favourite goon televisual illiteracy moment

That's my favorite too. How does a thought like that even occur to someone?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I was always a big fan of the "Shannon was stabbed" Lost nonsense. I think it's only gotten worse over time as more and more people spend 90% of the time watching shows by staring at their phones and rushing to post the hottest takes they can think of while missing a bunch of poo poo.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Personally I think the head popper was actually the church guy, and he was trying to "pop" his Fresca can in frustration after what the Deep said about Fresca. He ended up popping his own head beacuse notAOC's power is actually "imrubberyourglue" which turns any power used against whoever she focuses on, so church guys ends up popping his own head.

This also explains why her eyes didn't turn white during the court scene! I've thought of everythingggggggggg

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not really the same thing, but Twin Peaks (as a series, the thread here was pretty great for season three) has a lot of people that try to "solve" the mystery or figure out why Deputy Hawk is wearing oven mitts even though Lynch consistently tells people there's nothing to figure out and he just does stuff to make scenes feel specific ways.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the worst part about being a fan of David Lynch is David Lynch fans.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

DrNutt posted:

I was always a big fan of the "Shannon was stabbed" Lost nonsense. I think it's only gotten worse over time as more and more people spend 90% of the time watching shows by staring at their phones and rushing to post the hottest takes they can think of while missing a bunch of poo poo.

Yeah, I assume most of the bizarre misunderstandings are from people just literally not watching the show because they're too busy posting about the show or doing something else entirely on their other monitor. This was especially annoying back in the old days of TVIV where the big shows had threads for each episode but half of them were just goons liveposting "WHOAAA!!" or :tviv:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the worst part about being a fan of David Lynch is David Lynch fans.

Lynch fans, in my experience, are either horribly insufferable(the ones you mentioned) or chill as poo poo cause they've embraced the absurdity-nihilism

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Gynovore posted:

Yeah, it's a shame they didn't make him an actual character. Vas was awesome in the comic.

One of the few times I actually laughed at the comic was when he revealed his weakness was "big tittied blondes!" when the bad guys ran away through a strip club (I think).

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
wait I think I made a gif for 2 peaks because people were just being crazy as hell in season 3 hold on

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol yeah it was because people were saying some lady didn't get shot it was because her brain just stopped being in her head or something

https://i.imgur.com/p9t4URs.gifv

oh yeah and there was some drama about the cup and how the police got coops dna

https://i.imgur.com/8tKSwH4.gifv

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jabby posted:

Becca's technique: stab her in the eye!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the enemy cannot explode your head if you disable their eyes