Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I really want to tell a politician to go to Ceduna and try to stay sober for a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Some of the plants that came with my new garden

Lots of grapes coming in on this raggedy boy

Will get some pomegranates eventually

Tonne of variants of this guy around

This one's my favourite

I think this is another one of the same kind

Some very full roses coming out to play

A cheeky yellow one peeking through some white ones

And the gnarliest old fucker I've ever seen that we hacked back to sticks and is popping out some new leaves

Plenty more to come just figured I'd leave it at that for this afternoon.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
nice geraniums. The garden at this place came with a pile of rhododendrons, azeleas and camelias along with pile of flowering cherries which line the entire side that goes down the street

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Attention Melbourne goons, Darkzone is shutting down

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

What’s darkzone?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Melbourne quarantine zone

aka

Melbourne.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Good, they'll stop whining.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

for god's sake i just want a haircut

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

My gp complimented me on my haircut today. My girlfriend did it after watching the first 3 minutes of a YouTube video, so it can’t be that hard!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Granite Octopus posted:

What’s darkzone?

Not much what's darkzone with you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

for god's sake i just want a haircut

Just get a bowlcut ya gronk

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

So they're burning the fire down or whatever while it's a still night and I'm glad the local fire chief is being a good sport about the worried emails Mrs turnbeug has been firing off constantly. Can't see it any more but it went real bright a while back. Still kinda making GBS threads myself a wee bit but less so after popping into the pub and seeing they got their own little tent city set up next to the mini golf just chatting in good spirits

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

NPR Journalizard posted:

The Boys does not gently caress around.

hrm, i wonder where they will go with a character called storm front

I finished the season and it is so drat good

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Raged posted:

Ditto

so loving good.

Did not see that coming tbh

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The Boys is so good. I liked the comic a lot as well but the show is achieving something in its own right with a unique tons and a different take on the characters. Its less mean and more modern and slick and it pays off as its own piece of media instead of a straight adaptation.

Like, Stormfront was a very minor and totally different character in the comic, instead we get this mean and sexy performance from Aya Cash who just straight up killed the whole season.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Raged posted:

I thought this season was a little 'ripped from the headlines' on the nose and I don't ever appreciate the Designated Girl Fight that it crescendoed with but I do overall really enjoy it and I think the show has made some very clever decisions in adopting it away from Garth Ennis' bitter homophobic howling.

[edit] Though to qualify I do see and understand that the girl fight was structured relatively well into place through the season and the show does better than most (particularly in the superhero sphere) at women's representation but it did seem to stick out.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 13, 2020

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

Korgan posted:

Attention Melbourne goons, Darkzone is shutting down

Gutted.

At uni we used to organise midnight till dawn sessions of laser tag there. I'll always associate that place with the smell of sweat, pizza & Red Bull.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

In bundy we used to have a Zone 3 above a main shopping area that was literally hundreds of square metres

There's this big building in the centre of town, like a 5 storey high office building that's been vacant as long as I can remember and it would make for an incredible indoor paintball/laser tag building (as long as it was up to par lol), I always used to think about it cos I worked across the road from it

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Caesar Saladin posted:

The Boys is so good. I liked the comic a lot as well but the show is achieving something in its own right with a unique tons and a different take on the characters. Its less mean and more modern and slick and it pays off as its own piece of media instead of a straight adaptation.

Like, Stormfront was a very minor and totally different character in the comic, instead we get this mean and sexy performance from Aya Cash who just straight up killed the whole season.

I was genuinely surprised by how well they have adapted the story and managed to excise the worst of the 90's 'edginess' (i.e. misogyny, homophobia) from the source material. The nod to Love Sausage (who was a major character for an arc or two in the comic?) got a laugh out of me.

Not sure how I feel about the reveal at the end of this season but I will see where they take it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Caesar Saladin posted:

Is it worth going back and reading the comic? I have only watched the show, and I'm pretty happy with the experience and have no issues leaving it there.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The comic kicks a lot of rear end in my memory of it but also it for sure had a lot of that Big Indie Comic Label edginess of the time that surely hasn't aged well.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I haven't actually seen the show yet but I'm glad it's good tbh I cbfed pirating shows nowadays but if it ever comes to a streaming service that didn't keep charging me after I cancelled my sub and caused my to cancel my card because their customer service was aggressively useless I'll check it out

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Are there no Victoria virus numbers today or am I blind? Usually it's announced at 830am and they only delay when it's horrific news :ohno:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Are there no Victoria virus numbers today or am I blind? Usually it's announced at 830am and they only delay when it's horrific news :ohno:

quote:

Victoria has recorded seven new cases of coronavirus and five deaths, the state's health department says.

The new cases bring Melbourne's 14-day rolling average back down to 9.6, while regional Victoria's rolling average has risen to 0.6.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-14/victoria-coronavirus-cases-rise-by-7-as-5-deaths-recorded/12753212

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

I think it's 7 overnight but old mate who dropped his viral load in Kilmore has also finally come clean about stopping in Shepp and Benalla as well. Since he kept it quiet for two weeks you can expect several more cases up there in the next couple of days.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Thx. Not bad not bad

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Thx. Not bad not bad

Meanwhile we've got more cases than Victoria and two no confidence motions.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Lolie posted:

I think they're entirely due to corruption though aren't they?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Bill Posters posted:

I think it's 7 overnight but old mate who dropped his viral load in Kilmore has also finally come clean about stopping in Shepp and Benalla as well. Since he kept it quiet for two weeks you can expect several more cases up there in the next couple of days.

Up against the wall imo

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

McSpergin posted:

Up against the wall imo

The government has said they won't charge people who provide info to contact tracers but since it took him two weeks to come clean I really hope they throw the loving book at him.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bill Posters posted:

The government has said they won't charge people who provide info to contact tracers but since it took him two weeks to come clean I really hope they throw the loving book at him.

Contact Tracer sounds kind of cyberpunk now that I think about it

Also the weather is nice in Melbourne today and I saw cops wandering through 2 different parks.
Some monocles probably dropped into cups of tea in genteel Camberwell

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

I think they're entirely due to corruption though aren't they?

Yeah. I still don't know why the phone calls were being intercepted, but they're the kiss of death for Teflon Gladys.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lolie posted:

Hey hey hey. That sounds like politics!

NSW is doing ok considering ...

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Zazi posted:

Some of the plants that came with my new garden

Lots of grapes coming in on this raggedy boy

Will get some pomegranates eventually

Tonne of variants of this guy around

This one's my favourite

I think this is another one of the same kind

Some very full roses coming out to play

A cheeky yellow one peeking through some white ones

And the gnarliest old fucker I've ever seen that we hacked back to sticks and is popping out some new leaves

Plenty more to come just figured I'd leave it at that for this afternoon.

Do you have have a circular house dude?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

TISM see sex less in terms of penetration, especially now they can’t achieve it. As award-winning author of The Slap, Christos Tsiolkas, said so wisely after TISM explained to him their theories of the intertwined nature of patriarchal hierarchy and the reluctance of cis-gendered males to grasp a less phallocentric conception of pleasure: “Who are you guys? Piss off.”

Like most people seeking guidance on the fugitive impermanence of the sensual, our first thoughts turned inevitably towards the right wing of the Liberal party.

Craig Kelly, Liberal member for Hughes, explains: “Listen to Enobarbus’s description of Cleopatra:

The barge she sat in, like a burnished throne

Burned on the water. The poop was beaten gold;

Purple the sails, and so perfuméd that

The winds were love-sick with them.

It’s clearly impossible that a burning water-throne could be powered reliably by anything other than coal. Perfuméd sails are all very well, but what happens when the wind doesn’t blow and the sun doesn’t shine? And recycling beaten gold into poop shows just how crazy these greenies are.”

Kelly is insistent on the role of imagination in love-making: “I imagine my lover lying in a bed of scattered peonies, carried on a chariot drawn by twelve white ponies, serenaded by a choir of Sky News phonies. It’s pure fantasy, but so is carbon capture and storage.”

Pleasure often involves danger – a routine love life can be ignited by just a hint of George Christensen. We spoke to him via Skype from Manila: “Jesus came again, and so should you. Not only did the Lord enjoin us to love the poor, it’s also cheaper.”

Tim Smith, Victorian Liberal member for the sexually adventurous suburb of Kew, has certainly seen it all. From his birthplace of Camberwell, in the inner east of Melbourne, he has now, years later, successfully travelled the long and risky four kilometres to his High Street electoral office. Educated at Scotch College, Rugby School, and Melbourne University, Tim has experienced the whole range of social experience, right through from lawyer to orthodontist.

After a strangely garbled start to our discussion, in which he insisted his bill to change the spelling of his electorate to “Q” had no relation to conspiracy theories, he explained the basis of all good love-making: “Probably the most harmful effect of the disastrous coronavirus pandemic – besides the interruption to my golf days – has been the growth of weird fringe theories like ‘sacrificing for the common good’. Frankly, I’d never heard the phrase. When Tim Wilson showed me some filthy websites explaining the idea I was aghast. Following self-interest is the key to love. It works for me in bed, just like it works for me in life. When it comes to pleasure, I believe in first past the post. This is how everyone benefits! After I climax my partners often tell me they want to leave. I want them to leave too! We’re both happy. See, the system works.”

And we all know Tim Wilson’s even-handed judgement is legendary. The member for Goldstein’s stance on franking credits is an example: he doesn’t support governments asking corporations for unpaid taxes, but he carefully balances this with his insistence governments refund people for taxes they haven’t paid. Wilson was also a “Modern Liberal”, until he wasn’t.

Wilson’s philosophy of sexuality is formidably complex, and – a warning – his arcane and subtle language can be hard to follow: “Power is the great aphrodisiac,” he says, a twinkle in his eye. “You cocksuckers don’t get it. We in the right wing don’t give a gently caress what decision is made. NBN? We opposed it vehemently right up till the nano-second we wanted to do it. Government debt? A disaster, until it’s us spending the money. The Westminster tradition? Our party was founded to uphold those traditions, so we knew exactly what we were doing when we shat all over them to get Whitlam out. The free market? It’s a fine and powerful thing, but that doesn’t mean it should get in the way of me making money. God gently caress me, why else do you think we all joined the Liberal party?! Christian love? It’s something we fully believe in, but it shouldn’t be foolishly squandered on other people.

Of course we’ll eventually have a carbon tax. We’re not loving morons. We’ll just wait until we’re all so close to frying that the country is in chaos and needs a brave strong leader who has the guts to reimpose order. And that’s not going to be a cabal of bozos like the Labor party. gently caress, you people deserve to be ruled. That’s what shits me most about Dan Andrews. I don’t care about his loving lockdown, I care that ‘he’s enjoying the clampdown too much in terms of the authority and power it’s given him.’[1] It’s not for the likes of him to enjoy power. That’s our job.

We in the right wing don’t want to do anything in particular, you moron. We just want to be in charge.”

You don’t get more rawly sexual than that!

Kelly, Christensen, Smith, Wilson: after a certain age, many men have to find new ways to pleasure, and these four men have certainly done that. They show us all a great truth: you don’t need penetration to gently caress Australia.

RHB

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Is it worth going back and reading the comic? I have only watched the show, and I'm pretty happy with the experience and have no issues leaving it there.

Not really. If you can access the archives you may be able to read them in one of the previous bad webcomics threads where we went through a few issues (or all of it, I can't remember) but I don't think you will get much from it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The Boys comic is fun if you want to read something that almost revels in its comical edginess. Like I found it fun in a "c'mon that's hosed up dude" kinda way which I admit is more to my taste than others'. Also I was in my early 20s and this thread seems to trend towards mid 30s so your time might have passed.

Like there's a part where a bunch of teenage heroes are all banging prostitutes and then someone yells "Switch!" and they all run around and switch prostitutes.

But overall I found it pretty funny. The main character is drawn to look exactly like Simon Pegg.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I read Wanted so i'm pretty well gassed out on edgy indie comics forever.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

NPR Journalizard posted:

TISM see sex less in terms of penetration, especially now they can’t achieve it...

Oh it gets much better than that, when you click on the teeny tiny little link at the bottom of the page

quote:

Hello. As this is a TISM reissue campaign, we are commencing with two albums that were never issued in the first place. These are:

"ON BEHALF OF TISM I WOULD
LIKE TO CONCEDE WE HAVE LOST THE ELECTION"

The final TISM show. Recorded live November 27, 2004 at Earthcore. 31 Tracks on one CD or limited 2LP. There are two versions of the vinyl edtion: blue vinyl that you might be able to find in record stores, and the extremely limited red vinyl, which will be available exclusively from the online store.

Preliminary Address by DJ Trevor - Defecate On My Face - Everyone Else Has Had More Sex Than Me - Sid Viscous - Somebody Start A Fight Or Something - Neck It - Diffident Strokes - Greg! The Stop Sign!! - Death Death Death - Mistah Eliot – He Wanker/Kill Yourself Now And Avoid The Rush - Message From A Big Day Out Port-a-loo - Defecate On My Face - I’ll ‘Ave Ya - Whatareya? - The Mystery Of The Artist Explained - As Seen On Reality - All Homeboys Are Dickheads - Five Yards - I Rooted A Girl Who Rooted A Guy Who Rooted A Girl Who Rooted A Guy Who Rooted A Girl Who Rooted Shane Crawford - A Faceful Of Divertimenti - Lillee Caught Dilley Bowled Milli Vanilli -Defecate On My Face - BFW - I Drive A Truck - Garbage - (He’ll Never Be An) Ol’ Man River - TISM Are poo poo - Defecate On My Face - Interlude - On Behalf Of TISM I Would Like To Concede We Have Lost The Election - Give Up For Australia

"THE TISM DELUXE OMNI-ALBUM"

With its lesser dynamic range, worse signal-to-noise ratio, inferior channel separation, variation in playback speed, limited sound capacity, and susceptibility to heat, dust and damge, vinyl is an inexplicably re-emerging gimmick for pox-addled hair-lipped shut-ins who are trying too hard to compensate for ther goitered lives.

But why pay for multiple TISM albums in vinyl format when you can buy only one? The TISM Omni-Album is an all-purpose album cover containing liner notes, artwork and song listings suitable for all six TISM albums. The TISM Deluxe Omni-Album comes with an actual vinyl disc, filled with 100 minutes of total silence, so as not to detract from the sound quality and thereby allowing you to savour the full vinyl experience: you will extract the soon-to-be scratched disc from the soon-to-be bent cover, place it on a revolving turntable powered by the latest in 1920s technology, and then attempt to drop a tiny, fragile and expensive needle on to an inconsistently revolving wax groove.

With the TISM Deluxe Omni-Album, all the features of analogue listening are yours: turntable rumble, extraneous cartridge noise, clicks and pops as the stylus hits dust, and of course, the repetitive insanity of a needle endlessly skipping over the permanently damaged surface. And remember, with The TISM Deluxe Omni-Album's carefully mastered total silence, you can listen to TISM's music in any non-analogue format you choose. (These formats are available for separate purchase.) The TISM Deluxe Omni-Album is the ultimate TISM listening experience.

The standard edition of The TISM Omni-Album contains no vinyl at all. Why put up with second best? The TISM Omni-Album gives you the vinyl experience without the crap sound.

The TISM Ultra Deluxe Double Omni-Album - with its two completely silent vinyl discs - has been banned by the Victorian Department of Consumer Affairs. According to a department spokesperson, "surely there's no deadshit stupid enough to buy it."

Pre-order THE TISM DELUXE OMNI-ALBUM from Genre B. Goode/DRW on extremely limited clear vinyl now.

Tracklist:

(were you not paying attention?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

NPR Journalizard posted:

TISM explained to him their theories of the intertwined nature of patriarchal hierarchy and the reluctance of cis-gendered males to grasp a less phallocentric conception of pleasure

they're not wrong