Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
my Libra book is up for preorder!! TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!

https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchain/libra/

that's got the full blurb and the Table of Contents

annoyingly i can't put the paperback up for preorder, and they really hate placeholder uploads, so that'll have to wait

i've taken down the previous draft copy, but if you wanna pre-read the current draft and offer critique then (edit nah let's make my life easy) https://davidgerard.co.uk/lj/draft-2020-10-02.odt

the kindle version got a Best Seller rank in Social Networking with 11 presales

divabot fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:toot:

i don’t do ebooks but will order several of the paperback as soon as it’s available for distribution to the same people i gave your first one to. :)

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1313228796972032000?s=19

I wonder if they'll let him have conjugal visits with the whales

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Azathoth posted:

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1313228796972032000?s=19

I wonder if they'll let him have conjugal visits with the whales

whale friendzoned him

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Hot new investment opportunity! tell all your friends! guaranteed not a scam!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is this a bitcoin?

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
lol coinbase in the news for making it corporate policy not to discuss politics

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/silicon-valley-companies-are-rethinking-free-speech-at-the-office/ar-BB19Utx3?ocid=hplocalnews

because cryptocurrency is all about the free exchange of ideas and not being censored by those in power

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

EorayMel posted:

Is this a bitcoin?

It's a bit something

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what's a "united states"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

is that that fictional place they pretend vancouver is on tv all the time?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

what's a "united states"

it's the corporation owned by the british crown that the dock berths you to when you're born i think

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I haven't been keeping up with bitcoin (too many lols elsewhere) but I looked at the price over the last 3 months and it appears to be Extremely Organic so good job everyone

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Real organic growth is only possible in yoghourt.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

KnifeWrench posted:

because cryptocurrency is all about the free exchange of ideas and not being censored by those in power
“telling people to not be racist or even that you oppose racism makes the racists uncomfortable about expressing their ideas, which is equally as bad as racism”
-literally what these morons believe

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

qirex posted:

“telling people to not be racist or even that you oppose racism makes the racists uncomfortable about expressing their ideas, which is equally as bad as racism”
-literally what these morons believe

"you don't have a right not to be offended :smug:"

followed by

"ow stop bullying me"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

"you don't have a right not to be offended :smug:"

followed by

"ow stop bullying me"

violating the nap :mad:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

so uh, this is a thing

https://twitter.com/BitcoinW0rld/status/1315729764154396672

including alternative medicine, because why not:

https://twitter.com/patrissimo/status/1316078684109893632

it's gonna wind up being bioshock but instead of health pickups you get reiki healing

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh no

quote:

American bitcoin entrepreneur Chad Elwartowski, COO of Ocean Builders, says that his company is scheduled to take delivery of the cruise ship on Nov. 4 in the Mediterranean. The ship will subsequently be renamed to Satoshi, after Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonymous creator of Bitcoin.

Elwartowski has been a pioneer in seasteading. Last year, he and his Thai girlfriend got into trouble with the government of Thailand while occupying a sea home off the coast of Phuket. The Thai government accused the couple of violating the country’s sovereignty and the Thai Navy seized their home and issued arrest warrants for both of them.

just hanging out with my thai girlfriend in my rich guy boat where laws don't apply, nothing to see here

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also lmao buried right at the end:

quote:

In addition to permanent residential units, Ocean Builders says that vacation rentals will also be available on the ship.

it's also a timeshare, great!

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

The newest COVID plague barge. It'll be like it was a million years ago, back in March. Except this time hopefully no one lets them in.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

is it even possible to use bitcoin in places without internet service like, you know, the international waters between panama and the med?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Muscle Tracer posted:

is it even possible to use bitcoin

no, it is not

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkQyIh7c8p0

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

oh no

just hanging out with my thai girlfriend in my rich guy boat where laws don't apply, nothing to see here

i got bingo who do i show my card to?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Boxturret posted:

to whomever made the black hole hitler69 bitcoin eater address

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Boxturret posted:

The FBI or Interpol

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
why my towel smell like heavy fuel and chemical toilet ??

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Muscle Tracer posted:

is it even possible to use bitcoin in places without internet service like, you know, the international waters between panama and the med?
bitcoin is so slow that satellite internet doesn't impair it's functionality.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
current network estimates place your request for immediate medical attention being confirmed within the next 30 minutes

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Too lazy to read the article. Will they have 200 exotic dancers like the last big crypto cruise?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

couldn't they have found a less haunted looking ship for the picture there?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Shame Boy posted:

oh no

this dude’s boat was a sea shanty and i don’t mean the song
behold

the question of who is actually fronting the money for this actual cruise ship, even though cruise lines are selling them off for parts right now, is :thunkher:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Shame Boy posted:

oh no

"pioneer" in seasteading in the same way that the homeless drunk camping in the overpass is a sovereign freeholder of an allodial land title

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

this dude’s boat was a sea shanty and i don’t mean the song
behold

the question of who is actually fronting the money for this actual cruise ship, even though cruise lines are selling them off for parts right now, is :thunkher:

you laugh now but a couple giant blocks with a roof and a few barrels is the hottest new living trend

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
how long were two people supposed to be able to live in that thing? there's no way that was sustainable

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i bet you can buy a cruise ship for real cheap in the same way that you can buy a castle, i.e. it's an unending money sucking pit that takes a staff of dozens just to hold off the constant deterioration

the standard boat story of standing in a cold shower ripping up hundreds but under a sewer sluice and holding down the minus button on your bank account

i look forward to the story three years from now of an abandoned cruise ship drifting in and out of panama's territorial waters getting taken over by squatters

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

rjmccall posted:

i bet you can buy a cruise ship for real cheap in the same way that you can buy a castle, i.e. it's an unending money sucking pit that takes a staff of dozens just to hold off the constant deterioration

the standard boat story of standing in a cold shower ripping up hundreds but under a sewer sluice and holding down the minus button on your bank account

i look forward to the story three years from now of an abandoned cruise ship drifting in and out of panama's territorial waters getting taken over by squatters

according to the article it's one Carnival sold off dirt cheap in desperation to try to stay afloat (heh) after covid hit so yeah probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i wonder if he knows it doesn't come with a free captain, and he's not allowed to be the captain himself

he definitely doesn't know that, does he