Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

slothrop posted:

fuuuucckkk me.

From an Aussie: Trump is great because he's always surrounded by beautiful women and he's got a fews kids you know strong family values. Not like that facist war criminal Joe Biden.

:psyboom:

Australians who support trump confuse the gently caress out of me? Our current mob of leaders are loving morons- why would you want to latch yourself onto an even BIGGER moron?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

I have a Sleep Number and love mine. A couple of things I learned when shopping:

Start with the c2 (the least expensive regular priced one). Don't start with the most expensive (i10).

Spend at least 15 minutes in your normal sleep position on each mattress. Bring your own pillow.

Start with each mattress at 100 and gradually decrease in 10 point increments until you're comfy. Use the 5 point increments as fine tuning.

Your number on one mattress will not necessarily transfer to another.

If your number is 30 or lower on any mattress, you really should try the next higher mattress series. If your number is 80 or higher on any mattress, you should try the next lowest mattress series (which has less foam padding).

The adjustable bases are a ripoff - unless you really want/need one. They are inordinately expensive and their trial offer doesn't apply to it. And it has a shorter warranty than the mattress.

If you really want an i10 (their top model), Oct is the month to buy one - $700 off and free delivery/setup is as low as they ever go. Once a quarter there will be one "low as it goes" deal - it's almost always an upper tier model. The best deal on the c2 is $200 off. It's never more than that.

Cool man thanks for all that info!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

slothrop posted:

fuuuucckkk me.

From an Aussie: Trump is great because he's always surrounded by beautiful women and he's got a fews kids you know strong family values. Not like that facist war criminal Joe Biden.

Tell him to stop wasting valuable oxygen

Ferremit posted:

Australians who support trump confuse the gently caress out of me? Our current mob of leaders are loving morons- why would you want to latch yourself onto an even BIGGER moron?

No goddamn idea but they just reveal themselves to be assholes you dont want to be near so thats one thing I guess?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

everdave posted:

I do not know I only have a pic of what is headed this way I’d honestly love to know I see red and side view and I turn I to a 14 year old

Okay that's a later first gen Testarossa, so it's still got the k jet engine. The phrase "never meet your heroes" likes to get bandied about when it comes to this car but it should be an experience either way. Have fun!!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Hooray! I failed the rapid mental health assessment at my doctors, so I've got a follow up next week with a pile of self assessment forms to fill out so we can talk about my depression in more depth!

And theres so much poo poo going on thats feeding it at the moment. Things like my job where I didnt even get to park my car yesterday before my manager was getting stuck into me about poo poo that we did for a very legit reason (we have to chip the old koala gum twice a week- Monday and Friday, except we got a request for a full load of fresh chip for a bird aviary for tuesday this week, so we didnt chip friday to make sure we had enough and he got stuck into me for not doing my job...)

I dont have kids, but my missus is a teacher and shes brought home plague from school and given it to me, and now it feels like im eating glass, my voice is almost gone and my sinus' feel like ive inhaled a bag of flour.

And my mates daughter who im supporting through her recovery from Domestic Violence is going off the rails. She looks like shes given up on trying to make things better and just sits at home and smokes weed and plays games or watches youtube all day. She doesnt support her dad at all who works a 9am-6pm shift for 9 days straight, and all hes asking is basic stuff like "Clean the cat litter" and "Do the dishes" and she wont do that, and gets really angry and aggressive when he asks her about doing it. He unloaded on me about it last night because we're mates and we actually talk about our emotions and told me a whole pile of things she had been doing that were very different to what she told me she was doing.

Im willing to help anyone, but I really struggle to find the motivation to help someone if they're not honest with me. I raised it all with her and she flipped her lid, got angry with me and then went off to hide at her lunatic mothers place (shes a solid chunk of the reason why the daughter has the anxiety and depression in the first place) and now is saying that shes lost all faith in me and feels like we're all ganging up on her. I originally told her i was there to hold her hand through the whole process of her recovery, but i wasnt going to carry her through it.

Dad thinks she starting to fall into a rebound relationship with an ex of hers that recently broke up with his long term partner, and they originally broke up because he was more interested in getting drunk and playing games than actually being with her, so if that happens its going to go about as well as an early 80's Russian nuclear power plant test.

I just feel like I've been used right now. its like I wasnt willing to bend over backwards and make her do nothing and magically get better so shes just ditched me and moved onto the next sucker. I dunno what to do.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

That should be awesome everdave!

But what the gently caress goon

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I’ll believe in just about any deity you want for a poo poo right about now. Apparently a diet of instant mashed potatoes, hydrocodone, shells and cheese, and Zoloft do not a poop make.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Ferremit posted:

Hooray! I failed the rapid mental health assessment at my doctors, so I've got a follow up next week with a pile of self assessment forms to fill out so we can talk about my depression in more depth!

And theres so much poo poo going on thats feeding it at the moment. Things like my job where I didnt even get to park my car yesterday before my manager was getting stuck into me about poo poo that we did for a very legit reason (we have to chip the old koala gum twice a week- Monday and Friday, except we got a request for a full load of fresh chip for a bird aviary for tuesday this week, so we didnt chip friday to make sure we had enough and he got stuck into me for not doing my job...)

I dont have kids, but my missus is a teacher and shes brought home plague from school and given it to me, and now it feels like im eating glass, my voice is almost gone and my sinus' feel like ive inhaled a bag of flour.

And my mates daughter who im supporting through her recovery from Domestic Violence is going off the rails. She looks like shes given up on trying to make things better and just sits at home and smokes weed and plays games or watches youtube all day. She doesnt support her dad at all who works a 9am-6pm shift for 9 days straight, and all hes asking is basic stuff like "Clean the cat litter" and "Do the dishes" and she wont do that, and gets really angry and aggressive when he asks her about doing it. He unloaded on me about it last night because we're mates and we actually talk about our emotions and told me a whole pile of things she had been doing that were very different to what she told me she was doing.

Im willing to help anyone, but I really struggle to find the motivation to help someone if they're not honest with me. I raised it all with her and she flipped her lid, got angry with me and then went off to hide at her lunatic mothers place (shes a solid chunk of the reason why the daughter has the anxiety and depression in the first place) and now is saying that shes lost all faith in me and feels like we're all ganging up on her. I originally told her i was there to hold her hand through the whole process of her recovery, but i wasnt going to carry her through it.

Dad thinks she starting to fall into a rebound relationship with an ex of hers that recently broke up with his long term partner, and they originally broke up because he was more interested in getting drunk and playing games than actually being with her, so if that happens its going to go about as well as an early 80's Russian nuclear power plant test.

I just feel like I've been used right now. its like I wasnt willing to bend over backwards and make her do nothing and magically get better so shes just ditched me and moved onto the next sucker. I dunno what to do.

That's a whole load of suck. I hope the Doc gives you some time away from work. Don't be afraid to take some anti-depressants if the doc thinks that what it best. If your GP is dragging their feet or doesn't seem sympathetic to you, absolutely go to a different GP. I had an awful experience the first time I sought help.

Please get a mental health plan from the GP so you can get some subsidised time with a psychologist. I believe it's been extended to 20 sessions due to COVID. I'm up to my tenth and I'm very glad for the extra ten they have added this year.

Between the meds, the psychologist, giving up drinking and a few other lifestyle changes, I am so far ahead of where I was a few months ago.

It will take time, it will be hard but ultimately it's worth it in the long run. Mental illness is no joke, but it's like any other kind of sickness. You'll most likely get better if you treat it correctly.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

trouser chili posted:

I’ll believe in just about any deity you want for a poo poo right about now. Apparently a diet of instant mashed potatoes, hydrocodone, shells and cheese, and Zoloft do not a poop make.

Literally the second worst side effect of my hernia repair surgery. :rip:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

slothrop posted:

That's a whole load of suck. I hope the Doc gives you some time away from work. Don't be afraid to take some anti-depressants if the doc thinks that what it best. If your GP is dragging their feet or doesn't seem sympathetic to you, absolutely go to a different GP. I had an awful experience the first time I sought help.

Please get a mental health plan from the GP so you can get some subsidised time with a psychologist. I believe it's been extended to 20 sessions due to COVID. I'm up to my tenth and I'm very glad for the extra ten they have added this year.

Between the meds, the psychologist, giving up drinking and a few other lifestyle changes, I am so far ahead of where I was a few months ago.

It will take time, it will be hard but ultimately it's worth it in the long run. Mental illness is no joke, but it's like any other kind of sickness. You'll most likely get better if you treat it correctly.

Fortunately my doc is absolutely poo poo hot on mental health. I went to her complaining about struggling to get to sleep and she was digging for the root cause pretty much immediately.

The last bit is true and I'm keen to get this poo poo back under control. Pity I dont seem to be able to get my friends daughter to feel the same way at this point.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Ferremit posted:

Fortunately my doc is absolutely poo poo hot on mental health. I went to her complaining about struggling to get to sleep and she was digging for the root cause pretty much immediately.

The last bit is true and I'm keen to get this poo poo back under control. Pity I dont seem to be able to get my friends daughter to feel the same way at this point.

Having a good GP is just such a difference.

I can imagine it must be hard and frustrating to see her act in that way. It sounds like she's been through some pretty serious trauma and she may just be handling it the best way she knows how. I'm not saying that's good or healthy, it may just be the only tool she has. I hope she's getting some mental health support from professionals too, not to say you haven't been doing a great job.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

trouser chili posted:

Yeah it's something you normally don't give a second thought to but if your guts stop working it becomes a problem pretty rapidly. If you're still on opioid painkillers look into getting some lactulose to take at the same time.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I loving love zoloft. No joke it feels like LSD microdosing but is way cheaper.

It also makes me kinda impulsive, which is probably why I bought my Cayman two weeks into it...

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Oct 14, 2020

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ranzear posted:

I loving love zoloft. No joke it feels like LSD microdosing but is way cheaper.

It also makes me kinda impulsive, which is probably why I bought my Cayman two weeks into it...

Time to talk to my GP about zoloft.

I'm currently listening to Foxtrot by Genesis on vinyl (original pressing! previous owner appears to have not played it very much or had taken very good care of it) and I definitely feel like I'm not at an altered enough state of consciousness for this (the third of a fifth of rye isn't doing it) but it is 2am and I do not know anyone who can sell me some mild psychadelics at this hour

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

knox_harrington posted:

Yeah it's something you normally don't give a second thought to but if your guts stop working it becomes a problem pretty rapidly. If you're still on opioid painkillers look into getting some lactulose to take at the same time.

Thanks I’ll look into it. I’ve got a few more days left but I may be able to stop early. The pain the last 48 hours has been pretty intense but in the last six hours has started to subside. I actually slept a little last night, like real restorative sleep not opioid nod-off sleep.

Anyway, my favorite drug from this ordeal is the versed (Midazolam). That stuff really takes the edge off.

Edit: Also I’ve not been taking Zoloft, I meant Zofram. I’ve been taking Zofram cause the hydrocodone makes me vomit. Also I guess it makes me confuse Zoloft for Zofram. Hooray opioids!

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Oct 14, 2020

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Again re: Zoloft - I went straight to 50mg. Probably shouldn't do that. It 100% felt like an all-day LSD comeup for the first week or so, including very occasional and mild visual effects. Maybe the 'acid crystals in the brain' are real and it was dislodging them, or it just has similar pharmacokinetics.

Make sure to taper it off too. I don't want to know what cold turkey is gonna be like.

Zoloft also gave me mad insomnia at first too, but then I was randomly waking up at 9am sharp ready to start the day.

trouser chili posted:

Edit: Also I’ve not been taking Zoloft, I meant Zofram. I’ve been taking Zofram cause the hydrocodone makes me vomit. Also I guess it makes me confuse Zoloft for Zofram. Hooray opioids!

Ah derp. The insomnia sounded familiar though.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 14, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

trouser chili posted:

I would gladly trade you. Last night I got bit so bad, 9 trips to the shitter and I was freezing. Toss in severe gut cramps and I thought I had covid symptoms. Seems that it was mild food poisoning instead as I am pretty much back to normal now.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

I feel that this is a good opportunity to encourage everyone to buy a bidet. You can get one that attaches to your existing toilet and taps into the toilet's water line. It's sublime. Do it, you will not regret it.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

stevobob posted:

I feel that this is a good opportunity to encourage everyone to buy a bidet. You can get one that attaches to your existing toilet and taps into the toilet's water line. It's sublime. Do it, you will not regret it.

This is truly something we can all get behind. (pun not intended but now that I see it I'm claiming credit for it)

We have a Tushy. Not expensive, fully manual but you can plumb it into existing hot water.
However, when we redid the master bath, we put in a new American Standard toilet with matching bidet attachment. So drat nice.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
EVERYONE.

WASH YOUR BUTTHOLE.

That is all.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

trouser chili posted:

You need to be praying to Sterculius.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Ranzear posted:

Again re: Zoloft - I went straight to 50mg. Probably shouldn't do that. It 100% felt like an all-day LSD comeup for the first week or so, including very occasional and mild visual effects. Maybe the 'acid crystals in the brain' are real and it was dislodging them, or it just has similar pharmacokinetics.

Make sure to taper it off too. I don't want to know what cold turkey is gonna be like.

Zoloft also gave me mad insomnia at first too, but then I was randomly waking up at 9am sharp ready to start the day.

Ah derp. The insomnia sounded familiar though.

The times I've forgotten to take the zoloft for a few days it makes me dizzy and gives this weird effect where if I turn my head it's like the world turns around instead of my head moving.
Then I remember I'm supposed to take this pill everyday and take it and it goes away.

It helped me be able to actually get out of bed there'd be times where I would just hit snooze over and over. It also helped the social anxiety in a way that is not unlike the feeling you get with a few drinks in you but not actually being drunk.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

This morning is the beginning of early voting locally. Nice crowd out, about 2 blocks of social distanced line, moving about 1/4 block every 10 - 15 minutes. Historically it's been a 15 minute max affair on day 1. Seeing people excited and present to vote makes me happy.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

McStephenson posted:

EVERYONE.

WASH YOUR BUTTHOLE.

That is all.

No.

I will not be taking questions at this time.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

McStephenson posted:

EVERYONE.

WASH YOUR BUTTHOLE.

That is all.

Dr Rimmermann approves this message

:gonk:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
ya if you are gonna be on an opiate course you def should take stool softeners at min

first poo poo i took after knee surgery (like five days on or so) felt like i passed a cinder block

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I like the idea of a bidet, but I do not like the idea of icy cold tap water :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

slidebite posted:

You are aware they can be plumbed into the hot water too and usually are, right?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Olympic Mathlete posted:

You are aware they can be plumbed into the hot water too and usually are, right?

Or get used to it. If you add the toilet seat one it's always off the same tap from the toilet. Some plug in but they are expensive.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

slidebite posted:

I think all of the Toto Bidet's heat the water. It's quite pleasant.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

trouser chili posted:

Zofran :science:

That poo poo is magic.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

slothrop posted:

fuuuucckkk me.

...I don't think they understand what the word "fascist" means. Or what a "great" person is and does.

Ferremit posted:

Someone else's moron is always a better moron.

Ferremit posted:

Man, that's rough with the friend and friend's daughter. She has to be willing to put in some effort, too, but it's a hard sell sometimes. Take care of yourself, then maybe see what you can do - kind of like how they want able-bodied to put their oxygen mask on first, then held those who can't, on planes.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

slidebite posted:

I wasn't able to plumb mine in to the hot water, so it's cold-only for me. It's bracing and surprising at first, but once you're used to it it's quite refreshing

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I know anything is *possible* but the toilet I would be interested to put one has neither power nor hotwater near the crapper, vanity is the opposite side of the room and it would be no small job to install.

Might try it with cold though. I could see that being a wake up in the morning.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Okay that's a later first gen Testarossa, so it's still got the k jet engine. The phrase "never meet your heroes" likes to get bandied about when it comes to this car but it should be an experience either way. Have fun!!

Honestly if it has the gated shifter I’ll be ecstatic and if I can even sit in it I’ll be happy but I should at least get a rip in it for a minute.

I usually keep my phones on charge overnight but have been reading that’s not good but honestly my 5 year old 6+ is still good I don’t know why I care about this new SE.

Not many people visiting the import thread did y’all know I won a dump truck? Every boys dream

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Totos only connect to the cold line and heat the water up themselves, they work really well. Plus they have a seat heater which is amazing when it's cold, I can't go back to regular toilets.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I'd imagine if you plumbed it into the hot line you'd still get blasted with cold water for most of it, since it takes awhile to heat up.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Home speaker derail -- I finally got everything except the subwoofer set up and wired through the cabinet/ceiling/faceplates/etc.

I have always had a 5.1 setup, and never took the time or energy to set up a 7.1. Man, was I wrong. Now that I've got 7.1, I can't see going back. There's so much atmospheric presence added with the two side channels, I'm a bit floored.

Still so much work to do, though.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

meatpimp posted:

Home speaker derail -- I finally got everything except the subwoofer set up and wired through the cabinet/ceiling/faceplates/etc.

I have always had a 5.1 setup, and never took the time or energy to set up a 7.1. Man, was I wrong. Now that I've got 7.1, I can't see going back. There's so much atmospheric presence added with the two side channels, I'm a bit floored.

If I haven’t said your build looks really great. I am so far from an audiophile even though I had a record label I’m just happy with Bluetooth speakers and my new AirPods are killer!

I really like your colors in the room you are setting up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

After doing home theater installs for years I have no desire to set one up. To me my simple 2.1 bose system plugged right into the TV sounds great in my little living room :v:

To be fair tho if I had a giant finished basement like you I'd probably have to do it.