Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"how do you steal an italian ice"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
D3 delanda est.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

that hairdo is spectacularly bad

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Like a hair band type guy, but worse.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I would have gone the other way, not in the path of a speeding janella

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Joey Murder

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

sometimes joey janella comes across a bit lame

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

That sandbagging at the end, hope he's ok

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

wardlow

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

wardlow?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
More Ohio!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

WARDLOW

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

HELL YES WARDLOW IS GONNA KILL A GUY

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

from where now

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

From where Pennsylvania?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

pretty good comedy hometown

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Wardlow better win the tournament!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Hope wardlow throws a guy around

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Another theory concerns two famous roads that crossed here. The Old King's highway from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh (now the Old Philadelphia Pike) ran east and west through the center of the town. The road from Wilmington to Erie intersected in the middle. The joining of these two roads is claimed by some to be the basis for the town 'Cross Keys' or eventually 'Intercourse'.[4] A final idea comes from the use of language during the early days of the village. The word 'intercourse' was commonly used to describe the 'fellowship' and 'social interaction and support' shared in the community of faith, which was much a part of a rural village like this one."[4]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I like Dean's gear, and wardlows spinebuster

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

That’s a large handsome man

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

KNOCKOUT

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Eddie Kingston vs. A Gamer

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Alaois posted:

from where now

Mr. Squishy posted:

From where Pennsylvania?

Intercourse, PA. It's a real place. As is Blue Ball, PA.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

baron took a look at D3 and then hid his entrance clobber in his locker

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

karmicknight posted:

Eddie Kingston vs. A Gamer

Isn't black doing a black panther (the film) thing?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

Isn't black doing a black panther (the film) thing?

https://twitter.com/TheEmpBruh

He is also a gamer.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Eddie is going to deck Rick Knox one of these matches

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

URAKEN

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:toot: The World is Cold, so you better bundle up!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eddie feels extremely comfortable playing to the hardcam.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

karmicknight posted:

:toot: The World is Cold, so you better bundle up!

He really is a Italian grandma

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That was as long as an ep of Dynamite. More if you factor in commercials

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

loving the kingston/moxley feud of getting basic holds over as deadly submissions

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I only vaguely remember Bononi from NXT, I don’t remember him being as impressive as he seemed tonight.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Davros1 posted:

That was as long as an ep of Dynamite. More if you factor in commercials

adblock plus

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
d3 has the worst tattoo since that wwe guy with a ship on his nipples. maybe worse. at least that guy didnt have a cutout for his ship nipple (shipple) tattoo.

Nick cataronzo dresses like a bad final fantasy character.

Kilynn King deserves better. give her a win, please. or just wait until january when records reset. she is too good to be 0-10.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Still no Veda. Shame

1) Evil Uno vs The Blade vs Frankie Kazarian vs Jungle Boy. This is a really stacked four way. Couple of scruffy bits towards the start but Kaz is a good enough ring general that things sort out pretty quickly. The rope sequence with Jungle Boy leaping Evil Uno then mule kicking him was fantastic. As was the monkey flip / double clothesline spot. This is clearly a match where Jungle Boy is the star, and he plays it well, but really it just reminded me how astonishing Frankie Kazarian is. Finish was a bit abrupt, but this was pretty good. Post-match chaos was kind of fun.

2) Lucha Bros vs Lee Johnson and Cezar Bononi. Is this new music for Big Shotty Lee? Ah, Cezar, you Italian barber who drank a growth potion. Lucha Bros are so effortlessly good. Ben Carter shout out on commentary. The Bononi double slam spot is so dumb but so great. Love the Pentagon bonch stomp. Bononi has grown on me a lot, there are four good to amazing guys in this match. Short match with an inevitable conclusion but it was pretty good.

3) Brandon Cutler vs Peter Avalon part 2. Looking for some real fuckery here. No Bucks. Avalon is savage early. The "Raise my hand, Rick" bit was GREAT. This tells a really decent story really quickly, with Avalon desperate for that win by any means necessary. Some real innovative work from both of them. Cutler considering and rejecting the D20 as a weapon was beautiful. And then DOUBLE DQ! With Leva disappointed with both of them. Perfect.

4) Matt Sydal vs Sonny Kiss. The Matt Sydal character of Ayahuasca Douche is great. What do you mean "that's not a character". Takes a minute for them to get fluid together. Sydal has some really punishing looking moves and is clearly working heel here. Some very inventive holds from both guys here. Boo, wanted Sonny to win this one, but not a bad match at all.

5) 3, 4, and 10 vs Aaron Solow, Angel Fashion and M'Badu. Love Angel Fashion's look. More black goths please. John Silver's lil bandage is cute as hell. M'Badu has great power. He needs more snap with it to look like a killer. Fashion is quick and athletic and looks like he belongs. I'm waiting for them to let Solow really cut loose, because he's good. CHRIST, the air that M'Badu gets on that corner splash is insane. We got the ending we were expecting but this was good.

6) Red Velvet vs Elayna Black. Brandi out on commentary. Elayna Back out with her little coffin. Red Velvet out and looking poised. Good chain wrestling to start. Elayna is pretty good so far but Velvet is the star of the show here. Short match, but Velvet gets on the board with a win. Not wild about the patronising Brandi stuff but if it ends with Velvet getting a deal I'm fine with it.

7) Fuego Del Sol vs Ricky Starks. Starks has such great poise. This is a bullying squash as one would expect. Welcome to AEW Starks.

Backstage with SCU and Spears. Spears / Daniels is set up. Sure.

8) Ryzin and Max Stardom vs Gunn Club. Don't be a creep with Aubrey, Billy. Personally I love Ryzin's gear. Match is what it is, squabbling on commentary is fun. Ryzin dodging the fame-asser was good. Austin Gunn continues to have the worst finisher in wrestling.

9) Darby Allin vs Nick Comoroto. That sure is a look, Nick. Once he gets the jacket off he looks good. I have a real fondness for bear-like wrestlers. This is a fun "fight from underneath" match. Love the ability of AEW to emphasise speed and agility as counters to size and strength. Expected finish but this was fun. Did Taz just call Darby "Skateboard titty"?

KiLynn King promo. It's not bad. And the "The King" nickname is good. But... rethink 'native bitch".

10) Griff Garrison vs Colt Cabana. It would have been fun to send out Michael Nakazawa dressed as Colt Cabana. Fun athletic slugfest. Garrison has a great enthusiastic style. Cabana felt more on his game here than he had in a bit.

11) Nyla Rose vs KiLynn King. King's gear is great, but after that promo I'm rooting for Nyla. I'd like to see Vickie recruit more people to the Vicious Vixens. King would be a good candidate. Some great looking strikes from KiLynn King here. Nyla's German suplex is fantastic. Wow, this was quick.

Vickie demands a title match for Nyla. OK.

12) D3 vs Joey Janela. How's it going, Rome Hat? This is slow to start but fun. Jeez, D3 looks dead at the end, is he OK?

13) Wardlow vs Elijah Dean. Wardlow. This guy is from Intercourse. Wardlow. He's dressed like a ringmaster. Wardlow. Elijah Dean's "oh gently caress" face is fantastic. Wardlow. Love the "ref stoppage" end. Wardlow.

Wardlow.

14) Eddie Kingston vs Barron Black. I like Black's ring gear. Black gets some good offense in here. Until Kingston taps him out in short order.

This was a packed card. So packed that by the end I was exhausted. There was a lot of good on this show but there was a LOT on this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Sign the Pampero Firpo looking motherfucker, thanks