Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hornet is not an ill-recorded Greco-Roman god!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Bogart posted:

Hornet is not an ill-recorded Greco-Roman god!!

But what if she was tho

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
At this point my guess is Silksong will be released between Halloween & Christmas in 2021.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I bet we see nothing until it magically appears during a Nintendo Direct some time next year. Then it’s released on Steam and Switch a month or so later. Probably Nintendo console exclusive for a few months too.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It's coming out tomorrow

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'd pretty much forgotten about this game until I went to prune my bookmarks list just now and yeah, I'm happy to carry on forgetting to wait for it because there are a zillion other good games I can get around to, but man, if I had been a backer that had put up cash just to get to that stretch goal I'd probably be past the disgruntled stage by now at the lack of any updates or timescales. A gif of some cartoon bug character and a small piece of a soundtrack just isn't going to cut it.

What an absolute vapourware shitshow.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its better this than stupid hype train marketing, actually. happy to hear nothing until it comes out.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lock this thread until there's news, thanks

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Cactus posted:

This game could come out 2-3 years later and as a backer i would still be over the moon.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

lets hang out posted:

Lock this thread until there's news, thanks

Not an emptyquote.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
"!!!five new posts in the Silksong thread!!!"

:negative:

EDIT: Holy poo poo how spoiled have we become that an indie team of like 5 people spending 3 years on a game is "vaporware"... The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV would like a word...

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 14, 2020

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cactus posted:

I'd pretty much forgotten about this game until I went to prune my bookmarks list just now and yeah, I'm happy to carry on forgetting to wait for it because there are a zillion other good games I can get around to, but man, if I had been a backer that had put up cash just to get to that stretch goal I'd probably be past the disgruntled stage by now at the lack of any updates or timescales. A gif of some cartoon bug character and a small piece of a soundtrack just isn't going to cut it.

Lol, relax buddy. With the amount of free poo poo they put out for the first game, and the fact that they are turning the Hornet DLC into an entire new game which will probably contain over 100 hours of content, I don’t see how anyone could be upset. I want Silksong to come out as badly as the next guy, but getting angry over it is childish.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cactus posted:

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Cactus posted:

:eyepop:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thats a pretty good hot take lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

Cactus posted:

"Backer that put up cash just to get that stretch goal" of playable Hornet, lol. I'm sure that person exists. All the backers got a game that's considered an all time great and has 20-40 hours of playtime, and they'll all be getting Silksong for free when it comes out, I wish I had gotten in on the kickstarter when it was happening.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
video games take time to make, it turns out

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I thought there was news. But I don't mind there not being news because I don't care how long the game takes.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
They're going to release Silksong on the same day that Hornet comes out in Smash Bros.

also cactus you are an insane person

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

While I was hoping for news, I'll settle for a hilarious nuclear take.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cactus posted:

:eyepop:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

a gif of a cartoon bug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8lvHT_IQbM

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hoooo... bapanada.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
anyone else looking forward to this game?

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

prom candy posted:

anyone else looking forward to this game?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Cactus posted:

I take it you've never heard of La-Mulana 2.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Somehow just as funny as the first time.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Panderfringe posted:

lol

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
I would not want to be taking on a not publicly released Hollow Knight boss live in front of a million viewers. I don’t care how many times I’d won in practice.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What an absolute vapor ware poo poo shoe

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Vapor wave poo poo shoe

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
SLAP IN THE FACE

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

"A delayed game is an absolute vapourware shitshow."
-Shigeru Miyamoto

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it isn't even delayed lol, this is just how long videogames take to make when they're as big as hollow knight

They probably only announced it as early as they did so people wouldn't think they were forgetting their kickstarter promises

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

But why aren't they crunching harder to make it come out quicker???

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

SirSamVimes posted:

But why aren't they crunching harder to make it come out quicker???

They should all be at home anyway!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

someone should request to be renamed 'absolute vapourware shitshow'

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Vapor wave poo poo shoe

Thank you very much, mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU