Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

We're all forgetting Blitzball :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Grouchio posted:

We're all forgetting Blitzball :v:

That’s a conscious choice

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1316214442305245185?s=20

Gang's all here!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Well, not Incubus, yet.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Excuse you, Allison’s head is like right here, and he lives there rent-free!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

shirts and skins posted:

Well, not Incubus, yet.

I get the sense he's going to pop up as the five other Demiurges fight Jaggs and reveal he's been in league with The Red God with a single cutting motion.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if there were worms always under the surface of rubaya waiting to slither up.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I think they're slithering out of the ash piles that were wormed people before Jaggs made his grand entrance.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if there were worms always under the surface of rubaya waiting to slither up.

The worms are everywhere, and she can use them to form handy new bodies when she needs/wants to focus her attention somewhere. At least that’s what I’m going with.

I still love the look of Gog’s key. It’s so... rotten looking, between the color and how it’s oozing onto her head.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
her previous bods were presumably chock full of worms that could have lived even if the bodies themselves got perish'd

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ATP_Power posted:

I think they're slithering out of the ash piles that were wormed people before Jaggs made his grand entrance.

It's also a mere handful that she looks to be using her Key power to rapidly reproduce them into a body-forming quantity.

And judging by that mindless scream panel and the panel after, Gog may not be as nebulously everywhere as we first though....

OlaOst
Oct 17, 2012

KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS - ...oh dear

New thread title?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Aww yeah, pact enacted. gently caress em up, boyos.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

Rayuba. And the other demiurges arrived by teleporting, so these worms may as well. Even if it's more prosaic than having blast-resistant worms in the charred corpses. I don't think Gog Agog's strength comes from having each worm be individually invulnerable, just that she has trillions of them.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'm guessing there's an effectively infinite amount of worms unless you can multikill across universes faster than they could grow

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I'm guessing there's an effectively infinite amount of worms unless you can multikill across universes faster than they could grow

Yeah same. Gog is absolutely terrifying on paper. Throne is lucky she uses most of her world ending power to be a celebrity instead.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Yeah same. Gog is absolutely terrifying on paper. Throne is lucky she uses most of her world ending power to be a celebrity instead.

Relatable

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Joe Slowboat posted:

Excuse you, Allison’s head is like right here, and he lives there rent-free!

:hmmyes: Wonder when he'll show back up in her headspace ever since Zoss showed up there.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Behold! The awesome fires of God. The limitless power of pure creation itself. Look carefully! Observe how it is used for the same purpose a man might use an especially loud megaphone.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I think confused Gog a Gog in the middle left panel is the first time we have seen her look normal and not slightly off like we have seen in the past.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Daktar posted:

Behold! The awesome fires of God. The limitless power of pure creation itself. Look carefully! Observe how it is used for the same purpose a man might use an especially loud megaphone.

Most Gods: pick up rock, smash person's head

Gog-god: pick up rock, play lithophone

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Daktar posted:

Fool! Solomon David toots as he pleases!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

I’m curious what happens with Gog since like... her psyche is not the most stable, I’m not sure what happens if a psychedelic revelation thing occurs and it’s going after her worldview this time. If you sufficiently own her do the worms disaggregate?

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Mammon really needs to see a dermatologist, maybe he can ask Gog-agog or possibly Mottom for some help.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

MinutePirateBug posted:

Mammon really needs to see a dermatologist, maybe he can ask Gog-agog or possibly Mottom for some help.

An entire priesthood with no Order for Moisturization.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Joe Slowboat posted:

I’m curious what happens with Gog since like... her psyche is not the most stable, I’m not sure what happens if a psychedelic revelation thing occurs and it’s going after her worldview this time. If you sufficiently own her do the worms disaggregate?

I think she's like The Thing. Each part is an individual, but the collective makes up Gog. Why yes, I do mean to say the creature as depicted in John Carpenter's The Thing, to include almost everything that entails, except Gog is made of worms and not cells.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Joe Slowboat posted:

How are we that Gog is unstable? Anyone can play the jester, and it's clear from the commentary of Solomon losing power in front of his people that Gog it's perfectly capable of reading the room at least as well as peer gods.

I look back at Gog scowling all the time and I see anger and determination, not necessarily someone who is unhinged.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Potato Salad posted:

How are we that Gog is unstable? Anyone can play the jester, and it's clear from the commentary of Solomon losing power in front of his people that Gog it's perfectly capable of reading the room at least as well as peer gods.

I look back at Gog scowling all the time and I see anger and determination, not necessarily someone who is unhinged.

I mean, all the demiurges are unstable or at the least deeply formed by trauma.

However, I'm going off of Abaddon's previous comments on how Gog-Agog is a 'walking tragedy' that's barely able to appear to be a person - and also the general way in which her envy is clearly a desperate desire to be anyone/everyone besides Gog-Agog.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

that's a good answer, thank you

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Your pal, Gog-agog is a pile of worms that wants desperately to be a person but has no personal reference point for what being a person is because she’s never been anything but a pile of worms. All she has is observations and depictions of personhood she’s seeing from the outside and is trying to mold herself to— there’s probably a good reason her projected persona is an entertainer.

I always found it interesting that she refers to herself in the singular, I feel like most writers would have gone straight to her calling herself “we”. Using “I” makes her feel just a touch more relatable.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

Bussamove posted:

I always found it interesting that she refers to herself in the singular, I feel like most writers would have gone straight to her calling herself “we”. Using “I” makes her feel just a touch more relatable.

Makes sense but every time I think she's relatable and not unhinged I remember that her intro was "The Great Devourer, Scourge of Worlds" and we really know nothing about what she's about other than she's likely as unkillable as Jaggs and hates herself some gods

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bussamove posted:

Your pal, Gog-agog is a pile of worms that wants desperately to be a person but has no personal reference point for what being a person is because she’s never been anything but a pile of worms. All she has is observations and depictions of personhood she’s seeing from the outside and is trying to mold herself to— there’s probably a good reason her projected persona is an entertainer.

Go look at the latest page, because I think we've gotten a look at a bit more than is being let on about Gog-Agog; She starts off screaming as she forms, but once she coalesces it's like she's talking to someone else. I think there's a singular "Gog-Agog" id bouncing around all those coalesced bodies like she's multiboxing game avatars rather than a gestalt whole, and if she leaves them uncontrolled they go feral or insane.

Also she didn't teleport back in; A few worms survived the blast, and they just rapidly asexually reproduced with those "spk-spk-spk" noises into enough to reform a full body.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also she didn't teleport back in; A few worms survived the blast, and they just rapidly asexually reproduced with those "spk-spk-spk" noises into enough to reform a full body.

Yeah, she was referring to Solomon-saiyan being real loud when she was already right there, but he was also calling in Mottom/Mammon/Inky.

I'm pretty sure Incubus no-shows.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I thought the spk sounds were the sounds of worms hitting blasted pavement like grubby hail

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Nm they're deff crawling outta the ash idk what the gently caress page I thought I saw

More of a ssssak sound I think I know what this sound is but don't know how to describe it or where I heard it from

Some video game probably, like the environmental sound cue of the flood or something

E: if we hadn't lost þ or ð from the alphabet I'd maybe spell it sssacth instead of with a k. If it's the same sounds I'm thinking of.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 15, 2020

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Go look at the latest page, because I think we've gotten a look at a bit more than is being let on about Gog-Agog; She starts off screaming as she forms, but once she coalesces it's like she's talking to someone else. I think there's a singular "Gog-Agog" id bouncing around all those coalesced bodies like she's multiboxing game avatars rather than a gestalt whole, and if she leaves them uncontrolled they go feral or insane.

That’s a good point. If she’s a singular consciousness in there using singular terms makes a lot of sense.

I do like that the first sign we get of them answering the Pact is Gog basicaly going “dude why did you call me I’m ten feet away”.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

I also like ‘one Gog trying to wrangle a huge worm body’ because I’m also curious what happens when/if she loses her key and can’t be in multiple worlds at once or however she does it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

MinutePirateBug posted:

otoh he has acupuncture down pat

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Joe Slowboat posted:

I also like ‘one Gog trying to wrangle a huge worm body’ because I’m also curious what happens when/if she loses her key and can’t be in multiple worlds at once or however she does it.

It also means she can be subjectively killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It also means she can be subjectively killed.

Anything can be killed if you're a furious enough dumbass.