Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Wark Say posted:

You have to understand: Trump got top-of-the-line treatment that most people can only loving dream of and he seemingly got in on time. Yes, he's an absolute loving monstrous rear end in a top hat and I have no doubt he tried to infect Biden given what we now know about the timeline of when he got it. Nothing is going to happen to him due to that callous bullshit because lol the senate.

He's also probably high as a loving kite on steroids, though, so:
  • If he keeps taking them (likely, given all the yes-men around him), poo poo will get really bad really soon (see more here for people who at least seem to put it in legible layman's terms)
  • Even if they wean him off the steroids treatment, the comedown is going to be an absolute bastard. Like that might require another treatment in and of itself. And getting treatment for steroids absolutely shreds healthier people.

The funniest thing about all this, is that he'll probably end up with the only believable case of Wiesenthalitis in the history of authoritarian shitheads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Wark Say posted:

If he keeps taking them (likely, given all the yes-men around him), poo poo will get really bad really soon (see more here for people who at least seem to put it in legible layman's terms)

quote:

Side effects depend on the dose of medication you receive and may include:
  • Elevated pressure in the eyes (glaucoma)
  • Fluid retention, causing swelling in your lower legs
  • High blood pressure
  • Problems with mood swings, memory and behavior and other psychological effects, such as confusion or delirium
  • Weight gain, with fat deposits in your abdomen, face and the back of your neck

I mean, honestly, would anyone be able to tell?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

As though history isn't full of tycoons who get hooked on some weird drug after surviving a brush with death or disease and spend the rest of their lives coked out of their minds surrounded with jars of piss

Like it's more often the case than not from what I understand

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
People shouldn't be lowkey lamenting Trump getting better. Dying of COVID, while poetic and good for a laugh, would have been far, far too good for him. For Trump to have escaped an ego shattering election loss on live television and the glistening jaws off all that is waiting for him on the other side of that election loss, while at the same time ascending to martyrdom in the eyes of his cult of weirdos, just at the last minute before he's finally made to pay all that he owes after decades of staying barely one step ahead of the devil in every form, would have been the ultimate act of Trumpian failing upwards. A COVID death would have been such a supreme gift to him, that God really may have been real.

But no, Trump deserves to stay alive and healthy enough to experience the next several years, because every week after January 22nd for the rest of his life is going to be mutherfucking Shark week.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 14, 2020

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

-Blackadder- posted:

People shouldn't be lowkey lamenting Trump getting better. Dying of COVID, while poetic and good for a laugh, would have been far, far too good for him. For Trump to have escaped an ego shattering election loss on live television and the glistening jaws off all that is waiting for him on the other side of that election loss, while at the same time ascending to martyrdom cult of weirdos, just at the last minute before he's finally due to pay the piper after decades of ducking the devil in every form, would have been the ultimate act of Trumpian failing upwards. A COVID death would have been such a supreme gift to him, that God really may have been real.

But no, Trump deserves to stay alive and healthy enough to experience the next several years, because every week after January 22nd for the rest of his life is going to be mutherfucking Shark week.

No, I wanted very much that he'd live in a state of semi-consciousness just long enough to watch his own defeat, and then die slowly and painfully of the pandemic he caused thereafter.

If we're talking about hypotheticals, I'm not willing to gamble on him actually being sent to prison. I'll take his painful death via COVID on November 10th over the possibility of him somehow wriggling out of the grip of the justice system in the coming years.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I fully expect that something like this is still to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP7aYTM2HZM

The very best medical care will only take you so far if you insist on living in a dream.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You guys have any guess when his steroids start doing that crazy poo poo or he starts withdrawing on them?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Grouchio posted:

You guys have any guess when his steroids start doing that crazy poo poo or he starts withdrawing on them?

Well the biggest problem is that loving nobody on his medical team has been verifiably honest about when he got infected, what circumstances led to his infection and when he became asymptomatic (IF he became symptomatic)

So anywhere between the next twenty four hours and five days from now

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

-Blackadder- posted:

People shouldn't be lowkey lamenting Trump getting better. Dying of COVID, while poetic and good for a laugh, would have been far, far too good for him. For Trump to have escaped an ego shattering election loss on live television and the glistening jaws off all that is waiting for him on the other side of that election loss, while at the same time ascending to martyrdom in the eyes of his cult of weirdos, just at the last minute before he's finally made to pay all that he owes after decades of staying barely one step ahead of the devil in every form, would have been the ultimate act of Trumpian failing upwards. A COVID death would have been such a supreme gift to him, that God really may have been real.

this. him dying would make him a big dumb martyr and super saint for the GOP and probably some of the moderates. him living fucks him.

Grouchio posted:

well, when that poo poo happens with me. you slowly decrease the dossage and poo poo. usuualy about 10 days or a week or such. my guess is he is probably near the end of his treatment and they will ween him but i am not a doctor or anything. just a shitposter who hasnt eaten a ban yet.

PT6A posted:

No, I wanted very much that he'd live in a state of semi-consciousness just long enough to watch his own defeat, and then die slowly and painfully of the pandemic he caused thereafter.

If we're talking about hypotheticals, I'm not willing to gamble on him actually being sent to prison. I'll take his painful death via COVID on November 10th over the possibility of him somehow wriggling out of the grip of the justice system in the coming years.

i mean covid and gently caress tons of steroid have probably cut a few years off his life.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Cabbages and Kings posted:

one of Hopper's best and most sociopathic roles
that character would still probably be no worse a president than Trump
If you want Hopper as an unhinged, sociopathic president, may I recommend the Super Mario Bros movie?

Actually, instead of going through all the trouble of making a "Downfall" style movie about the reign of President Donald Trump, they should just re-release the Super Mario Bros movie. Of all the movie villains that were thinly-veiled Trump impersonations over the years, King Koopa of Dinohattan may be the spookiest. It's Dennis Hopper doing an eerily perfect imitation of 2016-2020 Donald Trump, and he did it in 1993.

Jambo Jambos
Sep 3, 2011
Amazing that an actual billionaire Hernan Caín couldn't survive but Trump and co all seem to be ok so far.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Jambo Jambos posted:

Amazing that an actual billionaire Hernan Caín couldn't survive but Trump and co all seem to be ok so far.

Wasn't Cain a cancer survivor before getting Covid. I think he was extra-vulnerable.

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

I'm convinced RBG got it and they are lying to us about how she died.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

-Blackadder- posted:

i've never supported trump dying right away, because as you said, that would be too good for him. i want him (hell, NEED him) to be in constant pain, so hosed up that he has to rely on a wheel chair strapped to an oxygen tank at all times. he needs to be seen as a warning to his idiot voting base that their orange god is just as mortal and fat as any of them. he needs outright complete and utter suffering and humiliation.

my disappointment is not that he hasn't dropped dead by now, it's that in the more recent speeches he's made, it doesn't seem like he's having breathing difficulty. is it cause he's still riding high on the steroids and all that other poo poo his doctors gave him? probably. but what if it's not? and the fucker really is getting better and will be back to his normal, pudgy orange self in a matter of no time? :smith:

Eric Cantonese posted:

Wasn't Cain a cancer survivor before getting Covid. I think he was extra-vulnerable.

yeah, the cain train had a compromised immune system so he was particularly susceptible to the 'rona.

..which of course makes him arguable the most idiotic member of the trump team to get the 'rona.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

sitchensis posted:

Why would they lie about that? Her dying of covid would have pissed off Dem voters more.

Mr Interweb posted:

i've never supported trump dying right away, because as you said, that would be too good for him. i want him (hell, NEED him) to be in constant pain, so hosed up that he has to rely on a wheel chair strapped to an oxygen tank at all times. he needs to be seen as a warning to his idiot voting base that their orange god is just as mortal and fat as any of them. he needs outright complete and utter suffering and humiliation.

my disappointment is not that he hasn't dropped dead by now, it's that in the more recent speeches he's made, it doesn't seem like he's having breathing difficulty. is it cause he's still riding high on the steroids and all that other poo poo his doctors gave him? probably. but what if it's not? and the fucker really is getting better and will be back to his normal, pudgy orange self in a matter of no time? :smith:

At the very least, he is still getting hooked up to an IV based on the bandage on his hand.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

sitchensis posted:

She was an 87 year old with pancreatic cancer, you don't need covid to explain her dying.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

PT6A posted:

The thing is, living with the daily shame of defeat and being revealed as a broke, pathetic con man is far worse for a malignant narcissist like Trump, who practically feels physical pain at the idea that people don't like him, than any physical death could ever be.

The emotional abuse Trump has coming his way after the election is only beginning, 5 minutes after he leaves the oval for the last time everyone down to the white house dog walker is going to have a book deal dunking on him endlessly, and that's his worst nightmare, it's like the lady who told the Africa/Aids joke on twitter then got on a cross country flight to find out 13 hours later that she was one of the most hated people on the internet. For narcissists that kind of pain is multiplied a thousand fold.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 14, 2020

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Jambo Jambos posted:

Herman Cain had metastatic (I.e. you're hosed it's everywhere) cancer. He was a literal dead man walking by that point. If COVID didn't get him the cancer would have soon enough.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Z the IVth posted:

Herman Cain had metastatic (I.e. you're hosed it's everywhere) cancer. He was a literal dead man walking by that point. If COVID didn't get him the cancer would have soon enough.

he was in remission for 14 years

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

sitchensis posted:

Why would they bother? She had multiple brushes with death and it was guaranteed something would kill her sooner or later.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Relevant Tangent posted:

Why would they bother? She had multiple brushes with death and it was guaranteed something would kill her sooner or later.

She was photographed officiating some idiot’s wedding right before she died and everyone called her (the idiot who had RBG officiate) out for being such a loving idiot. If it turns out that RBG died from getting COVID there then my personal opinion goes from “drat it, she died” to “gently caress you RBG for being so loving careless and also gently caress that idiot who had her officiate.”

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Boris Galerkin posted:

She was photographed officiating some idiot’s wedding right before she died and everyone called her (the idiot who had RBG officiate) out for being such a loving idiot. If it turns out that RBG died from getting COVID there then my personal opinion goes from “drat it, she died” to “gently caress you RBG for being so loving careless and also gently caress that idiot who had her officiate.”

The pandemic has really highlighted how stupid and entitled and self-absorbed elites are in this country. Trump is not unique in his hubris about COVID-19, just maybe the most brazen.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Grouchio posted:

We have no idea what his course of steroids is. He might already be off of them, if the doctors are responsible and he's listening to them (heh). A standard course of dexamethasone for COVID-19 is apparently 10 days and he's beyond that now. Seems likely he'd need to taper off that to avoid a huge crash but it's possible the doctors already had him tapering

Withdrawal kicks in like 24-48 hours or even faster, it's pretty quick and brutal. He'd likely be exhausted, feel really miserable and depressed, and likely have incredible joint pain and swelling. Assuming he just went off high dose steroids cold turkey.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Fritz the Horse posted:

We have no idea what his course of steroids is. He might already be off of them, if the doctors are responsible and he's listening to them (heh). A standard course of dexamethasone for COVID-19 is apparently 10 days and he's beyond that now. Seems likely he'd need to taper off that to avoid a huge crash but it's possible the doctors already had him tapering

Withdrawal kicks in like 24-48 hours or even faster, it's pretty quick and brutal. He'd likely be exhausted, feel really miserable and depressed, and likely have incredible joint pain and swelling. Assuming he just went off high dose steroids cold turkey.

Yeah logic points to them just doing any extra prolonged weening.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Oh god, he’s going to do the superman shirt thing.
1. He comes onstage in a hospital gown and wheelchair like Kurt Cobain at Reading '92

2. He pretends to be all weak and frail, plays it up with a few fake coughs that unexpectedly set him into an actual coughing fit, spraying covid sputum on the audience and ending with a full fifteen seconds of hands-on-knees dry-heaving

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This would've been better a reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-qzuJ018LE

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1316468702175518727?s=20

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
https://twitter.com/andrewkimmel/status/1316450454700658689

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

He doesn't look well either, his normal healthy orange glow has been replaced with a sickly beige

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

He is a perfect physical specimen!

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
I can’t imagine him going right out on the campaign trail after (apparently) starting to show improvement is doing him any favors.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

that's more like it :colbert:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Mr Interweb posted:

that's more like it :colbert:

Shame they didn't pan right to see Pence come sprinting.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

is that weakness on the right side of his face, or just his normal weird gurning?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

is that weakness on the right side of his face, or just his normal weird gurning?

He did *not* have a series of mini strokes, ok!!??

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

love him or hate him, can the POTUS just get some drat rest

augh

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

love him or hate him, can the POTUS just get some drat rest

augh

He can rest in piss imo.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He can rest in piss imo.

Eternally, even.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He can rest in piss imo.
I dunno, I think he'd be into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU