Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
To my surprise, Spies are actually still poised to compete, I think. Doing an overview of the changes, there's a really good chance we still make playoffs at least.

Lovers are my underdog favorites to win it all. Let's see how powerful Charm is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah this was absolutely baffling. I really can't fathom any way for August Mina to have wound up as our most-idolized player without sock-puppeting, and why anyone would put in the effort for that rather than letting the Dale no-sell the incineration blessings.

We can barely hit 7% on the blessings we WANT, and this was one we wanted a cool zero votes in.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Abyssal Squid posted:

Yeah this was absolutely baffling. I really can't fathom any way for August Mina to have wound up as our most-idolized player without sock-puppeting, and why anyone would put in the effort for that rather than letting the Dale no-sell the incineration blessings.

We can barely hit 7% on the blessings we WANT, and this was one we wanted a cool zero votes in.

Not sure anyone should trust a SQUID poster....

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Lone Goat posted:

Cory Twelve on the Magic is nearly as bad so there's still hope

Actually Cory might be worse since Morse partied on game 99 of season 8

Ortiz Morse, despite the partying to end season 8, has a lower Ruthlessness stat (believed to control strikeouts and walks) than anyone currently pitching in blaseball and it is not particularly close. Cory Twelve definitely has the lowest of the active pitchers though, and again there's a pretty wide gap between him and the second worst active pitcher in that stat.

Abyssal Squid posted:

Garages got owned by this in seasons 7 and 8 where we won blessings that nobody in the Discord had ever considered, much less tracked a vote for. RIV Ron Monstera and August Mira.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Squall posted:

Ortiz Morse, despite the partying to end season 8, has a lower Ruthlessness stat (believed to control strikeouts and walks) than anyone currently pitching in blaseball and it is not particularly close. Cory Twelve definitely has the lowest of the active pitchers though, and again there's a pretty wide gap between him and the second worst active pitcher in that stat.

Ah oops, I was going off the actual stats on https://blaseball-reference.com/ and Cory had more walks than Morse, but I forgot that Garages have a 6 player pitching rotation so Morse played less games and still has a higher BB/9 rating.

Unrelated, Wyatt/Microphone just tweeted that Jaylen's debt is paid off and she no longer has the status effect so no more beans (probably)

https://twitter.com/BlaseballMic

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Firefighters' lone individual improvement was swapping out our 1-star batter for a 1.5-star batter.

Truly a central division analogue: constantly treading water and lucking into the playoffs now and then, and even rarely getting a champeenship win, but just in a constant state of "maybe next year." We're in dire need of a roster blowup.

It doesn't help constantly having a black hole in the literal middle of the lineup, either.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Do the odds take into account the 4th base? That has to be a massive advantage when any Wild High team is playing outside their division, yet right now for example on Day 2 it has the Tacos a 59-41 favorite to beat the Wild Wings. Then again the Tacos are currently leading the Wild Wings despite the extra base on Day 1.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

bawfuls posted:

Do the odds take into account the 4th base? That has to be a massive advantage when any Wild High team is playing outside their division, yet right now for example on Day 2 it has the Tacos a 59-41 favorite to beat the Wild Wings. Then again the Tacos are currently leading the Wild Wings despite the extra base on Day 1.

I'm not sure, but the Tacos have a demonstrably better team than the Wild Wings at this point, so maybe it is factored in? Also, players can now hit quadruples, the Crows can cause outs, and the bloodrain can siphon balls and strikes. Season is going to be wild.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

:sickos:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Who will be the first player in blaseball history to hit a quadruple?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

tinstaach posted:

Who will be the first player in blaseball history to hit a quadruple?

Gweer Griffin

https://twitter.com/GaragesFan/status/1315686047414583296

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Betsy Trombone had 16 strikeouts on day 1, so PolkaDot wasn't even the best idol that day.
:sickos:

Thankfully the Garages have a longer rotation meaning Betsy and PolkaDot will be out of sync most of the time.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

And on top of that, someone has just hit the first ever 5-run pentaslam and revealed another blagonball!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Decrees are... interesting this week.

quote:

BLACK HOLE
If your Team scores 10+ Runs in a game, open a Black Hole.

ELIMINATOR
Every time a team hits a Home Run, there is a chance your Opponent loses a hitter for the remainder of the game.

SELF-DESTRUCT
When your Team is Shamed, initiate the Countdown.

That third one... :stare:

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Looks like they did an Idol reset, so if you idol-idle Sexton Wheerer like me, you might want to re-up on that.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
nagomi owns, baltimore crabs own, blaseball owns, the magic are frauds

:crab: :crab: :crab:

https://twitter.com/BlaseballCrabs/status/1315980402822197254

:eyepop:

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 13, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

doos posted:

Looks like they did an Idol reset, so if you idol-idle Sexton Wheerer like me, you might want to re-up on that.

I noticed that this morning, idoled Sexton, and now an hour later i'm de-idoled again.

edit: reloading fixed the second issue, weird.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 13, 2020

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
we're about to get a regular season spillover, top of the goddamn 18th between shoe thieves and pies tied 6-6

e: lmao, top of the 19th and we have spilled over, christ

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 13, 2020

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Gonna rec this sight unseen, Quinns's work for Shut Up & Sit Down and People Make Games is always great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5t8DwnDE1k

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

tinstaach posted:

Gonna rec this sight unseen, Quinns's work for Shut Up & Sit Down and People Make Games is always great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5t8DwnDE1k

Yeah, that's a great video/explanation.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I've been doing breakdowns of the happenings for my friends, and it's explaining this poo poo that really makes me love the game. I'm not super invested in trying to change the game all that much (I think the Crabs are kinda unstoppable in that way), but I absolutely love the weird poo poo that happens.

And, real talk, I hope this gets more nerds into sports fandom. It's really no different than the narratives we make up about tabletop and video games.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

I've been doing breakdowns of the happenings for my friends, and it's explaining this poo poo that really makes me love the game. I'm not super invested in trying to change the game all that much (I think the Crabs are kinda unstoppable in that way), but I absolutely love the weird poo poo that happens.

And, real talk, I hope this gets more nerds into sports fandom. It's really no different than the narratives we make up about tabletop and video games.

The absolute best thing that happened last season was the Crabs getting 2016 Golden State Warriors’d and 2001 Yankees’d at the exact same time. They were the fan base wanting to fight god, and they almost got their wish, except they yakked a 2-0 lead to the Shoe Thieves.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

rickiep00h posted:

Yeah lol I try to not talk about it often but I do have to give the blaseball updates from time to time. "and then we brought someone back from the dead but... There are consequences!"

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

:rip: York Silk :(

Fridays still suck, but should start partying by late afternoon today, so that's nice

I'm assuming the top 14 dead players will get resurrected and returned to their teams, but is that confirmed? Other theories?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

:rip: York Silk :(

Fridays still suck, but should start partying by late afternoon today, so that's nice

I'm assuming the top 14 dead players will get resurrected and returned to their teams, but is that confirmed? Other theories?

we have no actual idea but some people think it'll be a team representing the Hall Monitor, like how the pods represent the Shelled One.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

we have no actual idea but some people think it'll be a team representing the Hall Monitor, like how the pods represent the Shelled One.

Whoa, like actual teams that play games against the rest of the league? That would be cool.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

Whoa, like actual teams that play games against the rest of the league? That would be cool.

or maybe each other? did you you see the thing at the end of last season where the Shoe Thieves had a boss fight after beating the crabs?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

what exactly happened with that? The Shoe Thieves played the Peanut's team and...?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
they ran out of team spirit and all got cursed

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Only a team of Ascended Players could have enough Spirit to beat the Pods. Perhaps a really good team, with a gimmick about killing gods.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Wait did York Silk Die or is this just reaction to him working for the Shelled One

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Carteret posted:

Wait did York Silk Die or is this just reaction to him working for the Shelled One

He's not dead but he's on the Pods team now, along with everyone else that was still shelled at the end of season 9, and the three Nut boys (Duffy, Bong, and Holloway).

Tibalt posted:

Only a team of Ascended Players could have enough Spirit to beat the Pods. Perhaps a really good team, with a gimmick about killing gods.

PolkaDot Patterson will deliver us from evil. She communed with the Moist God and the Moist Good whispered "yuck"

Please consult tho instructional video foe further information

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarioPrime/status/1315404336105746434

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Tibalt posted:

I'm sorry to say, but the Garages aren't really good anymore.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Fridays get 18 games of party time, and are already partying in the first game :unsmith:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Squall posted:

I'm sorry to say, but the Garages aren't really good anymore.

losing Jaylen was big, because what was a mediocre pitching rotation is now awful. In the grand tradition of late '90s Seattle baseball, the pitching sucks but the batting is insane.

hoping we get into Party Time and improve. Gotta take another crack at it in a season or two's time.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Tacos are one win or one Flowers loss from their first postseason berth ever! What a long, strange trip it's been.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

tinstaach posted:

The Tacos are one win or one Flowers loss from their first postseason berth ever! What a long, strange trip it's been.

Congrats to the Tacos, they certainly keep things fun!

I'm kinda growing tired of betting, just seems like grinding (although I will still follow this along and use the bucks I get from idols) for very little influence in the game. Is there any sort of auto-better going around? From what I understand, this is allowed as long it is an active action you take on the website, unlike something that would run 24 hours on a server. Maybe I will take time from my next vacations to develop one (but, you know, effort).

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Gambling is totally a mindless grind. My least favorite part of the game.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

AHEM, I SAID

tinstaach posted:

(come on guys, you're 53% favourites in this next game, please don't make me look like a chump)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Also we're trying to do necromancy at the moment