Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Reynard has dropped a bit to the background lately, maybe he fell out of the top 10?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
My bet is that the Annies will be tallied together, with their separate votes shown.

I'm pretty sure Bugsy didn't hit the top ten, but I couldn't help myself.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

This has more or less played out how I expected. I would have thought Coyote would do a bit better, that's about it. Very excited to see the rest!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
If Boxbot is not number one I will never read this comic again. :colbert:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Geocities Homepage King posted:

If Boxbot is not number one I will never read this comic again. :colbert:

Attention was drawn specifically to John being the only character to get zero votes, which means that Boxbot had to get at least one. :negative:

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Attention was drawn specifically to John being the only character to get zero votes, which means that Boxbot had to get at least one. :negative:

I spent all three of my votes on Boxbot.

Edit: actually Jones and Coyote too because it wouldn't let me pick Boxbot three times.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
So they got at least two!

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

I actually think it's quite likely Renard didn't get in the Top 10. Characters like Robot and Andrew didn't make it in, and while Renard is slightly more prominent than them he hasn't been particularly involved in the plot for a good while. I'm guessing it's the two Annies and then Kat in #1.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think it's Renard and Kat but I'm tellin ya the Annies didn't make it

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I'm thinking Renard, Forest Annie, and Kat, in that order. My guess is that, forced with a choice, people who wanted to vote for an Annie but not both broke hard for POV Annie. Barring that, I'd say both Annies over Renard sounds more likely than no Annie. Considering everyone else who has already been placed, I don't see an obvious third pick if both Annies are out.

It's boxbot :unsmigghh:

e: also both Annies getting less than 1200 votes sounds extremely unlikely.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 14, 2020

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Frankly I'm surprised anyone thinks the top 3 aren't Annies and Kat in some combination

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The only way both Annies are up top is if a majority of people were boring and only put one vote towards someone who isn't Annie.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

maswastaken posted:

The only way both Annies are up top is if a majority of people were boring and only put one vote towards someone who isn't Annie.

Yo

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I said this back at the time but splitting the Annies meant I voted for neither of them rather than pick one.
I bet this describes a fair number of people, and that's on top of the fact that not everyone who just picked one will have picked the same Annie. Sure, some will have spent the two votes to really vote for Annie, but she's the only character that has this sort of thing working against her. I wouldn't be surprised if she's not in the top 10 at all.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 14, 2020

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Even if you split it down the middle so it went exactly half and half you’d expect the main character of the story to get close to the most votes out of everyone. We’re already at 4K votes minimum for each for the top 3, half of that would drop you down to 7th at worst. No way are we getting an annieless list

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Yeah, as long as a majority of voters voted for an Annie, that's 7500 Annie votes, and there is no split of that between the two that doesn't put one or both in the top ten.

And main characters are very strong. The two Annies and Kat are almost guaranteed to be the top 3.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Wittgen posted:

Yeah, as long as a majority of voters voted for an Annie, that's 7500 Annie votes, and there is no split of that between the two that doesn't put one or both in the top ten.

And main characters are very strong. The two Annies and Kat are almost guaranteed to be the top 3.

Makes me sad that Reynard didn't get top 10 if this is the case (and it probably is)

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

maswastaken posted:

Hello

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Kat at #3. Guess that means it's probably Rey at #2 and Annies at #1.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
People are really down on Paz these days, huh.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kerning Chameleon posted:

People are really down on Paz these days, huh.

Well she got my vote!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

boxbot numero uno lets goooo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I voted for both Annies and Kat.

...I think.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Watch Tom troll the audience and count votes for both Annies as one entry :allears:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Watch Tom troll the audience and disqualify Annies for an electoral fraud.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Hah, well, immediately proved wrong on one front at least. Renard being more popular than Kat seems unlikely to me, but Annie beating Kat also felt unlikely to me, so idk

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

#2 & #1 will be the two annies and the court annie will have tony in the background and the forest annie will have rey in the background

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Wait, why do people not like Paz these days?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Bussamove posted:

She was mean to Annie

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bussamove posted:

Mainly the whole “it’s your fault my girlfriend has a self destructive martyr complex” speech which was kinda super unhelpful.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Annie is by no means my favourite, but main characters usually do really well in these polls even when they have the personality of a whelk, and Annie has a lot going for her so I'd be surprised if she isn't number one, especially since neither Coyote or Kat, the actual best characters, are on top.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Blasmeister posted:

She was mean to Annie

Yeah I like Paz and all but it's difficult to be on her side of that one, even if her position is understandable. If this vote had taken place 2 years ago I think she would've placed much higher.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Paz was lovely, but it was very understandable given she's a teen dealing with her first love having a best friend that the universe constantly shits on.

But for a tertiary at best character? Having your last appearance before the poll being lovely is not good for your chances.

I voted Kat, Coyote, and Zimmy. I think Annie is the best character, but she's not twice as good as these three.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Tom will count the votes for the two Annie's as one entry. This will give that team just enough points to edge past Kat and about halfway towards Tony. He's a really great guy. You just haven't met him the right way.

Alternatively, since neither of those particular Annies existed for 90% of the comic, their tally gets decimated. Otherwise it's really weird that one would be top two while the other isn't even in the top ten. They're actually kinda similar.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Forest!Annie straight up beats out Kat. :stare:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It's the long hair. Fans dig long hair.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Congrats, Robox

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Oh my god is it gonna be Tony?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
:rip: Court Annie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

And now that's cleared up it's time for obvious fan favourite, Vegeta, to shine.