Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You just stand there in a reverie, listening to the many voices in your head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Dumb but fun meme time:

https://twitter.com/TheTimoAlbert/status/1316730169726578690

(For reference.)

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

This is how I envisioned out partnership ending up after (obviously) 10 more beautiful years of working together.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

wiegieman posted:

Your skills talking takes time so SUPERCOP runs through the days faster.

I like the idea that in order to achieve extreme competence Harry has to space out for like fifteen solid minutes in any given conversation.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

How about that console release, and controller patch? People keep saying to play this in every thread, and I wanna! But I'm not a desk man anymore, long story short, I'm a controller man because my PC gamer hands fell off essentially. Plus I don't own a desk chair anymore because of back issues it caused etc.

So until this fine game is released on controllers, it is just unfair to say I need to play this in the Cyberpunk thread. This game is taunting me, and as far as I'm concerned it's not even released yet. Who ever heard of taking years to add a controller playstyle. "Get real" as David Lynch would say.

[A controller gamer's ramble]

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sounds like someone never bought a Steam Controller. :smug:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

wiegieman posted:

Your skills talking takes time so SUPERCOP runs through the days faster.

There's something poetic about this, where you're so good at everything you're paralyzed considering all the actions and end up burning through time.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Extremely relevant Discworld quote:

Terry Pratchett posted:

Animal minds are simple, and therefore sharp. Animals never spend time dividing experience into little bits and speculating about all the bits they've missed. The whole panoply of the universe has been neatly expressed to them as things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. This frees the mind from unnecessary thoughts and gives it a cutting edge where it matters. Your normal animal, in fact, never tries to walk and chew gum at the same time.

The average human, on the other hand, thinks about all sorts of things around the clock, on all sorts of levels, with interruptions from dozens of biological calendars and timepieces. There's thoughts about to be said, and private thoughts, and real thoughts, and thoughts about thoughts, and a whole gamut of subconscious thoughts. To a telepath the human head is a din. It is a railway terminus with all the Tannoys talking at once. It is a complete FM waveband- and some of those stations aren't reputable, they're outlawed pirates on forbidden seas who play late-night records with limbic lyrics.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
I appreciate that the game has obvious leftist leanings but is smart enough not to make the solution that simple; Evrart is basically Jabba the Hutt, and Joyce is an admitted neolib who owns how evil she is and seemingly almost feels bad about it, but then is way more helpful and intelligent than Evrart, and does what she does anyway. Nothing is simple or straightforward, it's all a giant mess

e: I hope a fascist playthrough rebukes you in some way but I don't have it in me to try one

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

anime tupac posted:

e: I hope a fascist playthrough rebukes you in some way but I don't have it in me to try one

If you internalize the Revacholian Nationhood thought then every time you say something fascist it hurts your morale

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

anime tupac posted:

I appreciate that the game has obvious leftist leanings but is smart enough not to make the solution that simple; Evrart is basically Jabba the Hutt, and Joyce is an admitted neolib who owns how evil she is and seemingly almost feels bad about it, but then is way more helpful and intelligent than Evrart, and does what she does anyway. Nothing is simple or straightforward, it's all a giant mess

I can't remember the specifics but as I recall the fascist thoughts 100% dunk on you for being pathetic.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Jack Trades posted:

Sounds like someone never bought a Steam Controller. :smug:

Nuttily enough I do have a Steam controller. It's not my thing, I find it's less ergonomic than just using my pointer finger on a touchpad. Which isn't great for a game either, but waving my thumbs around on those just wasn't doing it for me.

I'm just saying, these teases talked about the console version and how it'd translate to controller back in 2019. Those scallywags are taking their sweet time. At least patch for the PC version, it's big picture time.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Glagha posted:

I can't remember the specifics but as I recall the fascist thoughts 100% dunk on you for being pathetic.

Say 10 fascist traditionalist things

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

Pattonesque posted:

If you internalize the Revacholian Nationhood thought then every time you say something fascist it hurts your morale

hahah that is excellent

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Pattonesque posted:

So, Fascist Art Cop is a mechanical synergy, lol.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tylana posted:

So, Fascist Art Cop is a mechanical synergy, lol.

Salvador Dali archetype is very powerful...

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Me irl

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

anime tupac posted:

Being a fascist makes you take psychic damage every time you talk about politics :v:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I took facism on my second playthrough because I wanted all of the thoughts that power up your drugs, and some of the damaging thoughts are not so obvious, especially when you're glossing over convos you've already read once before.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Megazver posted:

Dumb but fun meme time

dare not impugn the perfection of this work of art you philistine

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
If people want to push this game onto their friends, it's 30% off because of it's anniversary right now. And they have a big news post on steam bigging up some fanworks. Including a Gameboy style demake, a dating game and some music videos.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/632470/view/4692147266512396135

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

anime tupac posted:

hahah that is excellent

yeah it basically jives with real-life chuds being a heartbeat away from weeping every time they talk about traditionalism or whatever

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Heavy Metal posted:

How about that console release, and controller patch? People keep saying to play this in every thread, and I wanna! But I'm not a desk man anymore, long story short, I'm a controller man because my PC gamer hands fell off essentially. Plus I don't own a desk chair anymore because of back issues it caused etc.

So until this fine game is released on controllers, it is just unfair to say I need to play this in the Cyberpunk thread. This game is taunting me, and as far as I'm concerned it's not even released yet. Who ever heard of taking years to add a controller playstyle. "Get real" as David Lynch would say.

[A controller gamer's ramble]

my last playthrough was on an xbox controller using the GamePad Plus profile mod thing. it's not perfect (the autorun has some jank that's avoidable as long as you turn it off before entering dialogue), but it worked well enough. it wasn't too terribly far off from using a steam controller, but if your main issue is the circle pad not being a stick, then this might work for you. it's easy to tweak to your liking if it's almost-but-not-quite-right for your tastes.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Tylana posted:

If people want to push this game onto their friends, it's 30% off because of it's anniversary right now. And they have a big news post on steam bigging up some fanworks. Including a Gameboy style demake, a dating game and some music videos.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/632470/view/4692147266512396135

Incredible. :xd:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

CaptainViolence posted:

my last playthrough was on an xbox controller using the GamePad Plus profile mod thing. it's not perfect (the autorun has some jank that's avoidable as long as you turn it off before entering dialogue), but it worked well enough. it wasn't too terribly far off from using a steam controller, but if your main issue is the circle pad not being a stick, then this might work for you. it's easy to tweak to your liking if it's almost-but-not-quite-right for your tastes.

Sounds cool, thanks.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Kim knows better than to date us

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

How big does Kim like his milkers?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EorayMel posted:

How big does Kim like his milkers?

Kim is a proud member of the homosexual underground.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
According to the dating game, Kim is an aggressive kisser. ;-*

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I bet Kim already has a boyfriend anyway

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

christmas boots posted:

I dunno, he seems rather married to his job. It's also shown that competent cops in this game tend to have miserable personal relationships. Besides, it's rather odd if he has a boyfriend but doesn't contact him for over a week.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

christmas boots posted:

literally noone is good enough for kim, so no. Sad, but that's just how it is.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Kim's married to a beautiful azure blue Kineema coupris.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I failed a 97% chance to not tear off a dead guy's head, then touched the dead guy's dick, then fished out something from his head like doing a magic trick.

And it ended as unceremoniously as it began.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Now I'm getting hyped to check this game out. That's hard boiled.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Heavy Metal posted:

Now I'm getting hyped to check this game out. That's hard boiled.

it's extraordinarily good and i hope there is some accommodation soon that lets you play it comfortably

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Thanks, if they don't get around to that patch, or I don't dig the fan mod, I'll play it with a Nintendo U-force if need be. I'll play it for a half hour a day with an arcade light gun, I'll make sure to play it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Have you checked community made Steam Input presets? Someone might have already made one for this game. It wouldn't be too hard.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Yep, somebody linked me to one earlier. I'll give it a try sometime. I don't have the game as of yet, but it's rising on the list oh yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

"*Clown Cops Climb Tree, Fall Down*," he says, furrowing his brow. "*Enraged Cop Assaults Children -- After Falling Down Tree*."