Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bussamove posted:

Anything can be killed if you're a furious enough dumbass.

I mean "killed in a single definitive blow", not "traveling across hundreds of thousands of worlds with a large hammer, heavy boots, and patience".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Anything can be killed in a single definitive blow if you’re a furious enough dumbass.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

A punch so hard it reverberates through dimensions and realities to pop every worm simultaneously.

Would it just be an after-effect carried through the psychic link the gogworms have? Or would infinite tiny portals open with Allison's fist punching through?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You can’t be properly furious if you’re thinking that hard!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

You can’t be properly furious if you’re thinking that hard!

"I punch the worms."

"I don't think that'll wo--"

"I. Punch. The. Worms."

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Joe Slowboat posted:

I also like ‘one Gog trying to wrangle a huge worm body’ because I’m also curious what happens when/if she loses her key and can’t be in multiple worlds at once or however she does it.

She was able to do it before she got her key, though she's grown a LOT since then. So it might be a bit harder.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Go look at the latest page, because I think we've gotten a look at a bit more than is being let on about Gog-Agog; She starts off screaming as she forms, but once she coalesces it's like she's talking to someone else. I think there's a singular "Gog-Agog" id bouncing around all those coalesced bodies like she's multiboxing game avatars rather than a gestalt whole, and if she leaves them uncontrolled they go feral or insane.

The someone else she's talking to is Solomon David, who just shouted across the multiverse for the group to assemble. Unclear if the scream was from reconstituting, SD, or both.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

She was able to do it before she got her key, though she's grown a LOT since then. So it might be a bit harder.

She might not be able to exist across universes without her key, since crossing worlds is fundamentally what the keys are for.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Gog's face as Mottom teleports in front of her is pretty choice

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
where is my beautiful sphinx

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i do love mammon though

he's my demented boy

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

habeasdorkus posted:

Was she? I'd assumed she was just worms before she got her key, and thus without a soul flame strong enough to survive inter-universal travel.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Daktar posted:

Was she? I'd assumed she was just worms before she got her key, and thus without a soul flame strong enough to survive inter-universal travel.

A not-necessarily-still-canon anecdote Abaddon gave was that basically she ate her homeworld, then a demiurge opened the gate and Oh No Worms, and that’s how she got a Key.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Do we definitively know whether or not killing the Gog/Gogs in Rayuba would actually mean her key is up for grabs? From what I understand the current keys are consolidated from all the keys taken during the previous multiverse war. I'm sure icing the present Gog would get you something but whether or not that means you've removed her demiurge status seems debatable. I always read her as something you'd have to tear up at the roots; any worms anywhere means she's still a threat.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Joe Slowboat posted:

A not-necessarily-still-canon anecdote Abaddon gave was that basically she ate her homeworld, then a demiurge opened the gate and Oh No Worms, and that’s how she got a Key.

According to that same not-necessarily-still-canon anecdote the collective known as Gog-Agog became self aware when a group of innocent worms was decomposing the body of a girl who committed suicide. That girl's burning will (and desire for approval) was so strong some of it got transferred to the worms.

At least, I'm pretty sure what I remember reading. I think it was in an answer on his tumblr, but I can't find it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The Halogens posted:

Do we definitively know whether or not killing the Gog/Gogs in Rayuba would actually mean her key is up for grabs? From what I understand the current keys are consolidated from all the keys taken during the previous multiverse war. I'm sure icing the present Gog would get you something but whether or not that means you've removed her demiurge status seems debatable. I always read her as something you'd have to tear up at the roots; any worms anywhere means she's still a threat.

We don't know for sure if the key is bonded to the body or the soul and what the hell the body or soul of a mass of worms is

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
All this worm lore and we still don't know the story of whoever sold Mammon his key.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I always just assumed Gog transports their key to whatever the currently most relevant batch of worms is.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

YaketySass posted:

All this worm lore and we still don't know the story of whoever sold Mammon his key.

Comedy plot twist: Mammon bought his key from Maya and Incubus actually did get his key legitimately, but all of this happened at the same time so everyone just assumed Incubus didn’t get his fair and square

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Comedy plot twist: Mammon bought his key from Maya and Incubus actually did get his key legitimately, but all of this happened at the same time so everyone just assumed Incubus didn’t get his fair and square

I can't imagine what sort of price a Key would go for. It seems like a priceless object.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
pretty sure he bought his key in that he paid people lots of money to kill other demiurges mostly,. not that he gave one guy a bazillion dollars to get 111111 keys, or if he directly bought keys it was little bits at a time. would you rather sell one tenth of a percent of the godhead and live luxuriously forever or get your head exploded by solomon david ?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I always assume that just meant that Mammon bought in on the ground floor and worked his way up from there. No one is going to sell one-seventh of the power of God but you could maybe pony up enough to buy 1/777777th.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
My running theory is that he bought it piece by piece over time from demiurges who were feeling the heat too much and wanted out of the war, Mammon being able to offer refuge for a price, kind of a Tupile situation.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

There Bias Two posted:

I can't imagine what sort of price a Key would go for. It seems like a priceless object.

There is no amount of money you can’t spend on booze and noodles with enough time

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

There Bias Two posted:

Alternatively, consider that Mammon is so rich he created a pocket dimension just to hold his literally unimaginably huge pile of swag.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

Keys are useless tools for idiots, like swords.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I'm actually expecting this tbh.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
As funny as that is, Jadis joined in on dunking on him with her, "stolen throne, wicked ways," accusation at their last meeting, so unless she was just poo poo-stirring Incubus did do something notably different/worse than the others.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Mammon, who botted his key.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Incubus must have been doing something so loathsome that Maya, already questioning what the hell she was doing, looked at him and said ‘just take it’.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I'm pretty sure it's just Maya leaving her Key behind when she left and Incubus stealing that. In that sense, he didn't earn his throne, even compared to Mammon.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mottom murdered her husband in his sleep, meanwhile, and the others aren't judging her the way Incubus is judged. As far as I can tell, what matters to them is that you took your key, one way or another, rather than it having just fallen into your hands basically.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Roland Jones posted:

Mottom murdered her husband in his sleep, meanwhile, and the others aren't judging her the way Incubus is judged. As far as I can tell, what matters to them is that you took your key, one way or another, rather than it having just fallen into your hands basically.

If you didn't reach heaven through violence, you don't deserve to rule it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Straight White Shark posted:

I always assume that just meant that Mammon bought in on the ground floor and worked his way up from there. No one is going to sell one-seventh of the power of God but you could maybe pony up enough to buy 1/777777th.

IIRC he funded the Pact of the Seven's team-up to kill all of the other demiurges and split the world up, so them all getting 1/7th of all keys was probably a basic part of the pact. Don't know if he had some keys already before that or if that was what was considered 'buying' it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Roland Jones posted:

Bottom did the murder to get key #1. The rest of them were all her - remember, they had to fight all the other princes and take their power.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
So going back to party chat from a few pages ago, I wonder if they fight Jags in a team sort of way or as individuals getting in each other's way sort of way. I could really see either happening, first one would be cooler as far as fights go, but much less thematic.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Anime style so one-by-one with color commentary from the cast

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Yeah, teamwork doesn't seem the forte for this group so a conga line of people trying to take down Jaggs seems more likely.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The Pact of the Seven Part World involves combining into a mech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I really doubt they're gonna 1-on-1 given they know each of them individually can't take on Jagganoth, but even if they attack at once they'll likely get in each other's way.

Ironically, Nadia and Mammon will be the most coordinated since they've been fighting each other a bunch. :v: