Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

No. NOOOOO! No, I will not have the stellar reputation of cookies sullied by the sins of a former webmaster. You all owe cookies an apology for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Cookies are CANCELLED.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Just saw a poster with this avatar

does anyone remember the story behind these? IIRC there was a thread about jerking off at work, and posters who were in favor got that avatar from a mod?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
When I first started reading the forums I noticed that the guy with the avatar of Yoda raping Luke sure was prolific and an rear end in a top hat too. I'll never admit how long it took me before I realized

ohhhhhh a whole bunch of people had that avatar....
:blush:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

these gooncon stories are pretty great

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Just saw a poster with this avatar

does anyone remember the story behind these? IIRC there was a thread about jerking off at work, and posters who were in favor got that avatar from a mod?

that was the story

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

can someone link the thread, sounds funny

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I don't jerk off at work, but my boss does jerk me off at work

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Spinz posted:

When I first started reading the forums I noticed that the guy with the avatar of Yoda raping Luke sure was prolific and an rear end in a top hat too. I'll never admit how long it took me before I realized

ohhhhhh a whole bunch of people had that avatar....
:blush:

y- yes, this is definitely something that I knew before today, too....

There are a lot of avatars like that, aren't there?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Make horror wholesome shop thread in GBS has just produced this masterpiece.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Inceltown posted:

Hahah perfect

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Puppy Time posted:

yeah a bunch of people had giada avatars for a while and i dont know why

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Inceltown posted:

Amazing.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Where did all the Avatar avatars come from?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kangxi posted:

There is an avatar the movie thread which posting in is a fast track to getting an avatar avatar.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

Kangxi posted:

This: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3936632

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

This is not quite the same thing but it's similar. The only thing I knew about fyad prior to ~a year ago was that there was a thread where they'd occasionally pick a random non-fyad poster and give that person's avatar to everyone who posted in the thread, or something like that.

Anyway I was apparently chosen for that one time and for several days I was extremely confused and had no idea what the gently caress was going on and why a bunch of people had decided to copy my av.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I miss when a bunch of PYF regulars had that “please excuse me I’m from PYF” kitty avatar

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I miss when a bunch of PYF regulars had that “please excuse me I’m from PYF” kitty avatar

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:lmao:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Puppy Time posted:

Back then like 8 years ago or something there were possibly scores
:negative:
Lots, for sure. I only rarely see one now and it's like an old friend :)

astral
Apr 26, 2004

It's been a while since I've seen an endless pool av.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Whenever I see a Giana av in the wild it reminds me of Jim Barris and then I get bummed out. That was the av he was rockin’ when he died. :smith:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I still have his last address in my aliexpress address book because I'd send him stuff, even before the diagnosis. we were penpals :/

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

We talked too, it makes me smile to think of him charming all of us ladies...

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so like, we all know that famously bad D&D poster Owlofcreamcheese is responsible for unleashing cakefarts into the world, right

that's a thing we're all aware of, right

because I just found out and holy poo poo I can't stop laughing at the fact that he of all goddamn people is responsible for people knowing about that

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

so like, we all know that famously bad D&D poster Owlofcreamcheese is responsible for unleashing cakefarts into the world, right

because I just found out and holy poo poo I can't stop laughing at the fact that he of all goddamn people is responsible for people knowing about that

He financed the video?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Did he do peanut butter farts too?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yikes, that's something I haven't thought of in forever. Right up there with FatGirlsInPartyHats.com and HotOrNot.com.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

pentyne posted:

He financed the video?

he was, apparently, the very first person to post the link on the internet and go "haha wtf look at this weird poo poo." the GBS thread he made about it was ground zero for the internet knowing what cakefarts was.

he didn't make the video but he is absolutely why it is a meme

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't even know what cakefarts is :smug:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

wait...you mean like, the guy on usenet who wouldn't shut up about women farting on cakes in the late 90s/early 00s?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

wait...you mean like, the guy on usenet who wouldn't shut up about women farting on cakes in the late 90s/early 00s?

no, the video that was a widespread meme in the mid-late 2000s

(:nws:-ish video, doesn't directly show the clip but contains audio of the farts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUGlwTi0D_Y

WeedlordGoku69 has a new favorite as of 04:28 on Oct 16, 2020

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

no, the video that was a widespread meme in the mid-late 2000s

(:nws:-ish video, doesn't directly show the clip but contains audio of the farts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUGlwTi0D_Y

I...never heard of this. But cake fartin' Steve was almost certainly the dude who wouldn't stop posting his dumb fantasy of a woman farting on a cake and melting the icing before making him eat it all over the alt.music.* hierarchy

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I...never heard of this. But cake fartin' Steve was almost certainly the dude who wouldn't stop posting his dumb fantasy of a woman farting on a cake and melting the icing before making him eat it all over the alt.music.* hierarchy

yeah, I think I'm vaguely familiar with that weirdo, used to hear him mentioned in the same breath as the guy who wanted to be turned into a statue and then covered in hot grits by Natalie Portman

e: that's not even a loving joke

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I hope that's real and not turned out to be a joke like the Roy orbinson in cling film fetishist

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

yeah, I think I'm vaguely familiar with that weirdo, used to hear him mentioned in the same breath as the guy who wanted to be turned into a statue and then covered in hot grits by Natalie Portman

e: that's not even a loving joke

Man one could do an entire book on Usenet weirdos from that time. Like Stan and the Sequencers, the dude who blathered on about how every album ever made was made to synch to certain movies and fabulous unspecified secrets were yours if you connected all the dots and helped him solve the mystery. Weird Al himself posted in his own newsgroup to tell him to go the gently caress away.

Terri Tickle already got 'her' own entire documentary.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

HotOrNot.com.

that got renamed to 'facebook'.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Forgive me for re-litigating GroverHaus.

But did he/does he still live in that house? It can't have been fun/comfortable to live in. It was probably even only barely functional.

Did he sell it and move somewhere nice? Is he renting it out?

I only ask because I am a bad person with an interest in prurient internet gossip from years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

What's the story behind :radcat:?