Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

The plot is that the sun is dying and as a last resort measure, the peoples of the Earth hide in underground cities they can keep warm, while they strapped a shitload of rockets to the Earth in order to launch it all the way to the next step over. The film follows a bunch of people who travel the frozen surface for reasons, and also some people in a space ship ahead of Earth who are noticing it's about to crash into Jupiter if they don't give the rockets an extra burn.

A Pail of Air is a classic sci fi short story that it sounds like that's inspired by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Best I can do is a gunslinger, samurai, French actor playing a dandy murderthief, and... uh, a Swiss actress playing his girlfriend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdtyruRMlns

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Pfft that onion isn't diced; it's died.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Carbon dioxide posted:

This post reminded me of something which makes me a bit sad.

So Netflix has this really wacky Chinese production, a sci-fi flick called Wandering Earth.

The plot is that the sun is dying and as a last resort measure, the peoples of the Earth hide in underground cities they can keep warm, while they strapped a shitload of rockets to the Earth in order to launch it all the way to the next step over. The film follows a bunch of people who travel the frozen surface for reasons, and also some people in a space ship ahead of Earth who are noticing it's about to crash into Jupiter if they don't give the rockets an extra burn.

I found the movie really quite funny (and at moments, quite tense too), and I think it'd make great meme material, if only I wasn't the only person who bothered watching it.

theres a movie about the earth building a rocket to restart the dying sun but something weird happens so they build a second rocket and if that rocket fails everything is hosed. they have 2 missions 1 restart the sun. 2 if possible find out what happened to the first one. its called sunshine its pretty decent.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

It took them a long time to make one that was actually good is all.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Trabant posted:

Best I can do is a gunslinger, samurai, French actor playing a dandy murderthief, and... uh, a Swiss actress playing his girlfriend:

I got 2.75 out of 4 (no samurai) (pirate is technically not french but his biographer was)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3lwgm7ORM8

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://twitter.com/gothhannibal/status/1316249407600222208?s=20

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Why is the plate not rotating? Mads' pizza is going to be super unevenly heated

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not putting in a wet paper towel on the side was his first mistake. Pizza's gonna end up way too rubbery.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Mads is in hell, he's already late to meet with Kojima, and his pizza will never finish cooking.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Trabant posted:

Wyatt Earp and the actor playing Wyatt Earp cleaning up 1920s Hollywood https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunset_(1988_film)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

two scientists walk into a bar

“I’ll have an H2O.”

“Ooh, that sounds good, I’ll have water also.”

The first scientist looks angry and disappointed and storms off, muttering “...next time...” under his breath.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Two scientists walk into a bar. The first one says: "I'll have an H2O." The second one says: "I'll have an H2O, too." The bartender asks them to leave as it's a pub not a loving health spa.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Two scientists walk into a bar. Now they both have scars on their foreheads.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Three nazis walk into a BAR

they all take a shot

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Two scientists walk into a bar. The bartender asks what they want, and the first scientist says "I'll have a water, please. Wait, hold on, poo poo, I did that wrong. I'm sorry. gently caress. Okay, ask me again what I want. No, ask it seriously like I just walked in. Come on, please?"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza parlor. He orders a large pizza with every topping. He leaves without incident. Hours later, the cashier realizes they could've made a joke at the time, and they regret having missed their chance to share a moment with the Lama.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
A priest, a rabbi, and an imam walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "What is this, a joke?"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
A priest, a rabbi, and an imam reach the gates of heaven. All are allowed in, and each is satisfied.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Two Irishmen secure long, productive, and satisfying careers at the lumberyard.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpacePig posted:

A priest, a rabbi, and an imam reach the gates of heaven. All are allowed in, and each is satisfied.

How Republican of you.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

SpacePig posted:

A priest, a rabbi and an imam reach the bank of the Styx. Charon sighs and points them to the overfilled waiting room where everybody who's died in the last fifty years is stuck since nobody's been getting buried with coins.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

How Republican of you.

All republicans would disagree about one (and most of them about two) out of the three.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Helium walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender says, “Sorry, we don’t serve noble gases here.” Helium doesn’t react.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

bike tory posted:

Why is the plate not rotating? Mads' pizza is going to be super unevenly heated
Some microwaves rotate the microwave thingy, not the food.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Some microwaves rotate the microwave thingy, not the food.

lol polish microwave

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Two scientists walk into bar. Those scientists' names? Albert Einstein.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

This post reminded me of something which makes me a bit sad.

So Netflix has this really wacky Chinese production, a sci-fi flick called Wandering Earth.

I found the movie really quite funny (and at moments, quite tense too), and I think it'd make great meme material, if only I wasn't the only person who bothered watching it.

Now that a bunch of people have quoted this I noticed that I wrote "step" instead of "star" and now I have to publish my typo shame and correction in a new post instead of being able to go bad and sneakily edit it.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Carbon dioxide posted:

Now that a bunch of people have quoted this I noticed that I wrote "step" instead of "star" and now I have to publish my typo shame and correction in a new post instead of being able to go bad and sneakily edit it.

I got back news for ya

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

A priest, a rabbi, and an imam walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "What is this, a joke?"

A priest, a rabbit and an imam walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says 'Why do you have a rabbit?' and the imam replies 'We do? Stupid autocorrect!'

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The Maestro posted:

I got back news for ya

:gdj:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Two musicians walk past a bar

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Two musicians walk past a bar

They don't stop to rest

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
A priest, a rabbi, and an imam walk into a bar. They can't, it's closed. Didn't you hear about the lockdown? What is wrong with you wanting to go out and sit in a tightly packed room with others? Jesus christ we are all hosed.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
A lawyer fails to enter a bar.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

A hungry bear walks into a bar.
- I'll have a ginger beer, says the bear. - We don't have that, says the waiter.
-WHAAAAT?, exclaimes the shocked bear.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
A priest made entirely out of poo poo enters a bar

”Holy poo poo!”, the bartender exclaims,

Collapsing Farts has a new favorite as of 09:51 on Oct 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained