Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Philip Rivers is beyond washed. Every single Minshew play balances on a knifes edge so I agree with the Chark sentiment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Pick two

Gibson
Gaskin
Henderson
Edmonds

Right now I am leaning towards Gibson and Gaskin for the guaranteed volume. 1 PPR they've been solid for 10-15 every week. Upside might be higher with Henderson or Edmonds with the touchdowns dependent.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Green Gloves posted:

Pick two

Gibson
Gaskin
Henderson
Edmonds

Right now I am leaning towards Gibson and Gaskin for the guaranteed volume. 1 PPR they've been solid for 10-15 every week. Upside might be higher with Henderson or Edmonds with the touchdowns dependent.
I like your thinking with Gibson pretty clearly taking hold of the highest-touch back in WAS and the fact that they are playing the Giants; Gaskin is also dominant in RB touches and they are playing the Jets so thats just a gimme.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Green Gloves posted:

Pick two

Gibson
Gaskin
Henderson
Edmonds

Yeah, I'd go with those 2.

PPR
Crowder @MIA
or
Montgomery @CAR
Montgomery should have a good floor against CAR but Crowder has been great in PPR.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
ChowderGod

wynnus
Jul 23, 2007

12 Team, 0.5 PPR

Pick three:

Gibson @ NYG
Gaskin @ NYJ
Parker @ NYJ
Crowder @ MIA

Probably can't go wrong no matter who I pick but currently I have Crowder on my bench and that just feels WRONG.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

wynnus posted:

12 Team, 0.5 PPR

Pick three:

Gibson @ NYG
Gaskin @ NYJ
Parker @ NYJ
Crowder @ MIA

Probably can't go wrong no matter who I pick but currently I have Crowder on my bench and that just feels WRONG.
insert a joke here about the Dolphins being at the Jets and the Jets being at the Dolphins.

Anyway, that is a really tough choice. I think maybe Gaskin sits, just by a hair, because theres a chance his goalline carries would get vultured by Howard or something?

wynnus
Jul 23, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

insert a joke here about the Dolphins being at the Jets and the Jets being at the Dolphins.

Anyway, that is a really tough choice. I think maybe Gaskin sits, just by a hair, because theres a chance his goalline carries would get vultured by Howard or something?

Howard was a healthy scratch last week. If he's active this week then yeah I think Gaskin will be sitting on my bench.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Another week, another bout of indecision over QB streamers:

Andy Dalton v ARI
Matt Stafford @ JAC
Gardner Minshew #2 v DET
Fitzmagic v NYJ

I snapped Dalton off of waivers this week (the sad benefit of being 1-4), but the other three are out there. And as a followup, do any of them seem like ROS starters? Kind of wait-and-see on Dalton, but Stafford has underwhelmed and I just can't bring myself to trust Minshew or Fitz to be consistent. Scoring is 1pt/25 yards passing, 1pt/10 yards rushing, 4pt passing TDs, 6 pt rushing TDs. Thanks!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Another week, another bout of indecision over QB streamers:

Andy Dalton v ARI
Matt Stafford @ JAC
Gardner Minshew #2 v DET
Fitzmagic v NYJ

I snapped Dalton off of waivers this week (the sad benefit of being 1-4), but the other three are out there. And as a followup, do any of them seem like ROS starters? Kind of wait-and-see on Dalton, but Stafford has underwhelmed and I just can't bring myself to trust Minshew or Fitz to be consistent. Scoring is 1pt/25 yards passing, 1pt/10 yards rushing, 4pt passing TDs, 6 pt rushing TDs. Thanks!
The Jaguars are one of the worst three pass defenses in the league so Stafford is an A+ start today. If Golladay stays healthy Stafford may be decent ROS - last year before his injury he was looking great and this year Golladay was out for a few weeks but is back and seemingly over his hammy issue.
As for Minshew, Jay Gruden is having him pass 45+ times a game despite the running game being extremely effective, and as mentioned the pass D is atrocious so he will probably be like ye olde Blake Bortles in that he will have a ton of garbage time stats all year. His WRs are underrated and the OL is decent so he should have opportunity to score a decent amount of QB points.
Dalton will be good with those weapons, but the Cowboys' OL is in shambles - both starting Tackles are on IR and they have a new center because Frederick retired this past offseason.
Fitzmagic is playing well and playing the Jets so he may be a good one week rental but he has a bye next week and may sit for Tua after the bye.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Jaguars are one of the worst three pass defenses in the league so Stafford is an A+ start today. If Golladay stays healthy Stafford may be decent ROS - last year before his injury he was looking great and this year Golladay was out for a few weeks but is back and seemingly over his hammy issue.
As for Minshew, Jay Gruden is having him pass 45+ times a game despite the running game being extremely effective, and as mentioned the pass D is atrocious so he will probably be like ye olde Blake Bortles in that he will have a ton of garbage time stats all year. His WRs are underrated and the OL is decent so he should have opportunity to score a decent amount of QB points.
Dalton will be good with those weapons, but the Cowboys' OL is in shambles - both starting Tackles are on IR and they have a new center because Frederick retired this past offseason.
Fitzmagic is playing well and playing the Jets so he may be a good one week rental but he has a bye next week and may sit for Tua after the bye.

Thanks, that echoes a lot of my thinking. I guess I'll go with Stafford in the short term and see how he does with Golladay healthy. He just seems so unexciting. It's weird to say that about a guy on pace for 4k+ yards and 30+ TDs, but he's only 18th in fantasy ppg because of the relatively low yardage totals and the fact that he doesn't run.

Realized I have one more question for the same team: I have a logjam at RB2/Flex. I have Derrick Henry at RB1, no question, but I need to pick 2 out of the following 4 RBs, 1 PPR :

CEH @ BUF
JRob v DET
Mattison v ATL
Gaskin v NYJ

I figure JRob is definitely in because of volume and match up. I think Gaskin is out because I can't see putting him in over the others, but I'm including him because it's close. So it really boils down to, am I crazy for thinking of starting Mattison over CEH? Is CEH in DSYS territory? Thanks again

ElectricRelaxation fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 16, 2020

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

If Diontae Johnson clears the injury report - start him on Claypool? It's gonna be a crapshoot.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the best of decisions: Jonnu Smith or Big Bob Tonyan

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Pick my streamer TE for Henry (1ppr):
Trey Burton vs CIN
Tyler Eifert vs DET
Jordan Akins @ TEN
Darren Fells @ TEN
Cameron Brate vs GB
Kyle Rudolph vs ATL
Irv Smith vs ATL
Gerald Everett @ SF

Pretty much all bad lol. Akins has had the best success so far but he's a GTD and will need a backup. Brate/Rudolph for the TD or bust?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

Jonnu seems way more stable. Who knows what Big Bobby Tons workload will be like going forward.

Edit: have both in 20-team league and am starting both, fwiw: Jonnu at TE and Bobby in the flex.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 16, 2020

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

kiimo posted:

I would also like some advise on this please

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

freeman posted:

Trey Burton vs CIN
Tyler Eifert vs DET
Jordan Akins @ TEN
Darren Fells @ TEN
Cameron Brate vs GB
Kyle Rudolph vs ATL
Irv Smith vs ATL
Gerald Everett @ SF

Pretty much all bad lol. Akins has had the best success so far but he's a GTD and will need a backup. Brate/Rudolph for the TD or bust?

Fells would be a play if Akins is inactive. If that doesn't happen, then these are all the same.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

freeman posted:

Trey Burton vs CIN
Tyler Eifert vs DET
Jordan Akins @ TEN
Darren Fells @ TEN
Cameron Brate vs GB
Kyle Rudolph vs ATL
Irv Smith vs ATL
Gerald Everett @ SF

They are all 2 receptions for 20 yards type of players, good luck guessing who gets a TD. I would lean between Burton, Akins, or Brate but I have no confidence in any of them.

For a similar TE bye week replacement question, both Ertz (vs BAL) and Ebron (vs CLE) got dropped in a 14 team league, 1 PP1st. I currently have Waller out on bye and Burton in now. Which one should I give higher waiver priority, since I would play either over Burton assuming I can grab them when they clear waivers Sunday morning? I am thinking Ertz because both Jackson and Jeffery are going to be out and someone has to catch the ball, but I can see he has been disappointing this year.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 16, 2020

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
As an Ertz owner, don’t grab him. With no other receivers on the team Ertz is getting all the coverage and has not done poo poo.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Anti-Hero posted:

As an Ertz owner, don’t grab him. With no other receivers on the team Ertz is getting all the coverage and has not done poo poo.

I mean, it is not like I wasted a 5th round pick on him, I just need some scrub to play for one week and a bad Ertz (or Ebron) is a much higher ceiling than Brate or Burton.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

I mean, it is not like I wasted a 5th round pick on him

This stings.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I wouldn't waste your waiver slot on a TE if you already have one solidified. If either of them make it pass waiver, pick them up then.

I'd go Ertz over Ebron out of those 2. or flip a coin i guess

edit: Mo Alie Cox is out, i'd probably just run with Burton imo.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 16, 2020

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

dy. posted:

If Diontae Johnson clears the injury report - start him on Claypool? It's gonna be a crapshoot.

Johnson’s out. I own both and so glad I grabbed Claypool

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm going Galaxy Brain and starting Claypool and Mecole.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

I'm going Galaxy Brain and starting Claypool and Mecole.
I was thinking of trying to fit Claypool in with Diontae ruled out, but I have a logjam at WR and RB...

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'd consider playing Claypool over Godwin for this week.

With Godwin coming back from injury and Jaire Alexander is really good and should be shadowing him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have all these wide receivers and any one of them could pop and I just know it will be the one I sit. One flex spot open.

Aaron Jones
Miles Sanders
Julio Jones
Kenny Golladay

Juju Smith-Schuster
Chase Claypool
Mecole Hardman
Jerry Jeudy
N'Keal Harry
Brandin Cooks
Preston Williams
Adrian Peterson
Darrell Henderson Jr

Leaning Chase Claypool but also Hardman could catch bombs with Sammy out. Or hope Juju recovers? His targets are poo poo I'm not sure what happened to him.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I’d go Claypool and I’m very jealous of your wideout depth.

Bye weeks and injuries have hit me a bit, need to pick a flex for week 6. PPR.

Adrian Peterson @ Jax
AJ Green @ Indy
Christian Kirk @ Dallas

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol well this was no help

all right going Claypool. What a stud he is turning out to be.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Need a second flex .5 PPR

Mecole Hardman @ BUF
Jonnu Smith v HOU

Rest of starters

Kyler Murray
AJ Brown
Conner
Kelce
Gallup
Claypool

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Deebo Samuel v LAR or Michael Gallup v ARI? I’m starting... ugh... Andy Dalton in a close matchup too if that makes a difference.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Keith Atherton posted:

Need a second flex .5 PPR

Mecole Hardman @ BUF
Jonnu Smith v HOU

Rest of starters

Kyler Murray
AJ Brown
Conner
Kelce
Gallup
Claypool
Jonnu Smith is the #4 scoring TE in PPR and #6 in non-PPR so to me there is not even a question.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Koopa Kid posted:

Deebo Samuel v LAR or Michael Gallup v ARI? I’m starting... ugh... Andy Dalton in a close matchup too if that makes a difference.

I have the same guys (PPR), but I'm starting Shenault over both of them. IIRC Gallup got his points when Dalton came in, so I think I would go with him. Deebo might get covered by Ramsey and it seems they are still easing him in after his injury.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
0.5 PPR
A.J. Brown vs. HOU
Will Fuller V vs. TEN

Feels like a bit of a coinflip. I'm tempted to go with Brown just because I think he's cool.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

0.5 PPR Flex:

Crowder @ MIA
Drake @ DAL

I know Drake is up against the godawful Dallas D but I'm leaning towards Crowder. Am I letting my man crush on him blind me?

Kull the Conqueror posted:

0.5 PPR
A.J. Brown vs. HOU
Will Fuller V vs. TEN

Feels like a bit of a coinflip. I'm tempted to go with Brown just because I think he's cool.

You're right that it's a a toss-up but I'd go with Brown. He's healthy and put up a good line last week. Plus you never know when you'll be on the losing end of the Will Fuller first half injury roulette wheel.

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 17, 2020

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Need 2.
.5 ppr for wr, .75 for rbs
Devin singletary vs kcc
Kareem hunt @pit
Hollywood brown @ phi
Preston Williams vs nyj

Currently have in hunt and Hollywood, but Pittsburgh worries me and Hollywood has been pretty up n down

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Pick a WR if Chark can't play, 0 PPR

Keenan Cole v Det
Deebo v LAR
Jeudy @ NE

MakaVillian posted:

0.5 PPR Flex:

Crowder @ MIA
Drake @ DAL

I know Drake is up against the godawful Dallas D but I'm leaning towards Crowder. Am I letting my man crush on him blind me?

I'd go Crowder, he' the only good part of the Jets offense. Drake has been losing his job to Edmonds

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Need 2.
.5 ppr for wr, .75 for rbs
Devin singletary vs kcc
Kareem hunt @pit
Hollywood brown @ phi
Preston Williams vs nyj

Currently have in hunt and Hollywood, but Pittsburgh worries me and Hollywood has been pretty up n down

I would stick with what you have in. Hunt is a few years removed from a 1st round pick, and without Chubb he should resume that level of productivity. Brown has been up and down because Jackson has been missing him on essentially guaranteed TDs, assuming that last year Jackson is not a fluke, I think they will start connecting more often.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 17, 2020

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

VietCampo posted:

I'd consider playing Claypool over Godwin for this week.

With Godwin coming back from injury and Jaire Alexander is really good and should be shadowing him.
Wouldnt Alexander more likely be on Evans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Trying to replace Dak Prescott. I had picked up Teddy Bridgewater, but got Andy Dalton off the wire. I have no intention of carrying two QBs for long, but for this week I don’t know what to do since I don’t know what Dalton is going to be like with the Cowboys.

Andy Dalton vs Ari
Teddy Bridgewater vs Chi