Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
is there a mod to change your farm layout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If objects moving to terrain they shouldn’t be allowed on isn’t a problem, and it’s likely not if moving to the big farm from one of the others, you can just change the type in a save editor.

The key is: <whichFarm>0</whichFarm>

0 is the wide open default farm, 1 is river, 2 is forest, 3 is hilltop, 4 is wilderness, and I assume 5 is four corners, but the list I’m looking at predates the addition of that map.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thanks! I want to move from the forest farm to the default farm. Want more room to put farm buildings around lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Apparently some of the immutable terrain data is stored with the save file for whatever reason, instead of the game inferring it from the farm type, so you may need to edit some more if you get phantom cliffs or something.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/6do2rt/change_farm_type_during_game/

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Swedish Horror posted:

Stardew Valley Expanded is great and I love all the new map additions, but the writing is...bad.

What did you seriously expect when one of the new characters is a weeb who owns a winery?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why does tapping a tree make it impossible to shake the tree and get free seeds?

I suppose it’s because the context of the right click action is overridden with “harvest sap”, even if there is no sap ready to harvest, but dammit, I need those acorns.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Hail Satan page I love Stardew Valley

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hail Joja

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Never did a Joja game. Never will do a Joja game. Hail Stan.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Rick_Hunter posted:

What did you seriously expect when one of the new characters is a weeb who owns a winery?

I have no idea, but I've stopped talking to the new characters.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Joja run is the chillest of all runs.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I need to do the joja run for the achievement. I might actually just hack in big bux, unlock it, and gently caress right off to waiting for 1.5

Although the new Graveyard Keeper DLC's coming in at the end of the month, so...

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
New version of SVE is dropping tomorrow or day after, with an expanded Joja plotline. I like most of their map additions and stuff, some of the characters are more questionable. So i'll be starting a new game and finally be the rear end in a top hat that ruins the town.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The weeb who owns a winery is fine. The lovely hick farmer, the other adventurers guild members, and the rich lady and her kid are all pretty questionable tho.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

WarpedNaba posted:

I need to do the joja run for the achievement. I might actually just hack in big bux, unlock it, and gently caress right off to waiting for 1.5

Although the new Graveyard Keeper DLC's coming in at the end of the month, so...

I very much subscribe to the philosophy that it's your game that you paid for, you should play it in whatever way is the most fun for you. And I myself use the cheat menu mod to set my movement speed to +3 at all times, because gently caress the default is slow, and cheerfully cheat like a bastard in various ways in other one player games.

I just can't help but scratch my head and wonder, what's the point of cheating just to hit a cheevo? :confused:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeh couldn’t be me. I thought about it once but I think there’s something to be said for consistency. That’s why I keep marrying Leah. Also because she’s the best one

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I thought about marrying Sebastian on my current playthrough but he makes it such a chore to find him early on

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I never have problems finding him.

Reaching him, that’s another matter.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Eric the Mauve posted:

I just can't help but scratch my head and wonder, what's the point of cheating just to hit a cheevo? :confused:

It's like a bit of meat stuck in your teeth. It's annoying every time your tongue runs over it and you get reminded that it's there.

The cheating is like dental floss. You could spend countless minutes disgusting passersby trying to pick it out with your fingers, or...

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I thought about marrying Sebastian on my current playthrough but he makes it such a chore to find him early on

He's ok, his 14 heart event is cute. I'm currently building a pickle empire of love so I can romance harvey because this is the worst run.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Harvey is cool, gently caress the haters

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
harvey is fine. even clint is fine, in his own way, in spite of closing at 4pm and complaining about upgrading my tools

when can i upper cut pierre

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

There needs to be a minigame that is basically Super Punch-Out!! with Pierre instead of Narcis Prince

If that were made and sold by itself as a $20 DLC I would buy it

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I have every achievement except the Joja one, and that's the way I like it :colbert:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Hail Joja

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Guildenstern Mother posted:

He's ok, his 14 heart event is cute. I'm currently building a pickle empire of love so I can romance harvey because this is the worst run.

Mostly I liked the idea of having the only horse in town as well as one of only five vehicles in town

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh look, I dropped my magnum sized jojo coupon book that I use for all my gigantic shopping trips

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Bogart posted:

The weeb who owns a winery is fine. The lovely hick farmer, the other adventurers guild members, and the rich lady and her kid are all pretty questionable tho.

The farmer becomes a completely different guy after you finish the community Center and he’s free from the evils of capitalism. It’s a little jarring and weird.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

GotLag posted:

I have every achievement except the Joja one, and that's the way I like it :colbert:

You will never have the elegant turban.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Joja is fine.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Joja run is less stressful. Buy your way to the bus and greenhouse. Embrace capitalism. Hail Satan.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Buy the bus from the juminos even if you get everything else through Joja.

The crystalarium and lightning rod are worth the extra twenty‐five hundred monies.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Dr.Smasher posted:

Joja run is less stressful. Buy your way to the bus and greenhouse. Embrace capitalism. Hail Satan.

would you rather put your trust in magical forest gnomes, or the honest work of yourself and your fellow man?

i know which one i choose.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GotLag posted:

the first time you sell out is the day you become an adult

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
This is a Stardew + Win10 question...

My family member has Stardew Valley on her desktop. She has a ton of farms. When she came to visit me, she brought her laptop. I installed Stardew Valley on it and some of her saved farms were actually available on her laptop.

Is this related to saves being in the AppData folder? If she takes her laptop home, connects it to the same network as her desktop, will her new laptop farms sync up and be available to play on the desktop?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If it was on her steam account it's because the saves are on the steam cloud. If it's a different account I haven't got a clue. Which is not very helpful, sorry.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1317248586749366272

Also, apparently there will be a desert (or beach) farm???

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm the slime wearing sunglasses.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Paper Tiger posted:

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1317248586749366272

Also, apparently there will be a desert (or beach) farm???

So I'm assuming that this means that I could play this together with my wife on our one Switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Hughmoris posted:

This is a Stardew + Win10 question...

My family member has Stardew Valley on her desktop. She has a ton of farms. When she came to visit me, she brought her laptop. I installed Stardew Valley on it and some of her saved farms were actually available on her laptop.

Is this related to saves being in the AppData folder? If she takes her laptop home, connects it to the same network as her desktop, will her new laptop farms sync up and be available to play on the desktop?

It's probably synching through her steam account. When she goes home, she should be able to pick up on her desktop right where she left off on her laptop. Assuming she's not playing in offline mode.