Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Goonfund just literally saved my life by funding the stupid expensive prescriptions i need bc i don't have insurance 💖💖💖

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Alright more rules, send you forums name along with your email.

I hate to have to do this.

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013

Synthetic Dreams posted:

Those cats in fancy dress are beautiful..

EDIT: so, um, i have big emergency due to some failed house appliances, and while I could probably sell my sanity to Rent-a-Center to solve it, maybe goons could help out with buying replacements since everything in my house is vintage 1979 and beyond anyone's ability to find replacement parts for. I need about $10,000 USD, and I can show you invoices in private for the estimates I got for replacing them. It's okay if there are higher priority individuals right now. I've received a lot of sincere help from y'all, and I'm very appreciative, so if you can spare anything, my PayPal is https://www.paypal.me/ravenouswitch or Venmo: @Raging-Strikes. I can even do Zelle or Cash app, but it's like whatever. I've been without some meds up until today so I'm kinda just vibing on feeling sane again, lol. <3

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

lol

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Yeah it's epic how much this has helped people, thanks for posting friend

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
oops

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Wait did a post just get deleted?

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
It sucks to be wrong and trusting, but at least no one else is getting scammed.

Trust everyone, but only give what you can afford to lose.

*edit* And always remember that you can only actually afford less than half of what you think you can. The best laid plans and all that poo poo.

A Terrible Person has issued a correction as of 04:16 on Aug 25, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Skyl3lazer posted:

Wait did a post just get deleted?

I meant to post in the RNC thread and then realized it was the wrong thread and ninja edited it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Hi everyone! In case you don't know, I was held at gunpoint on Saturday at a protest here in Tallahassee. The gunman has yet to be charged with assault, but we have successfully reopened the investigation.

The organization that coordinated the protest is asking for donations to help fund purchase of safety equipment, and potentially help lawyers for other witnesses and victims of violence. If you can, please donate.

Note that I got approval before posting this and I get nothing from anything donated. I am not a member of TCAC and am just a supporter of their message. Anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thanks, goons!

Mr. Nice! has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Sep 1, 2020

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Sent :10bux: :10bux: their way

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Sent :10bux: :10bux: their way

Thanks. Anything helps!

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Big thanks to the thread and Plinkey who helped me make it to my paycheck without getting slammed by more overdraft fees.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Seconding that sentiment, the thread has gotten my rear end out of the fire twice this year. Thank you goons. :love:

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Sent an email, and posting so ya can see my username. goon bucks helped me once before and huge thanks to all that contribute, it kept me fed a month when money was hard to come by.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Emailed with my sad depression story, posting to confirm my username.

Praise the kindness of goons.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Just want to say I’m so glad this thread exists.

I wish I’d have known about it when my state unemployment office completely froze up and I had less than $70 in the bank, but fortunately, that time has passed. I don’t have the dough to contribute atm, as I’m still unemployed, but I just want to say I just read the whole thread and this is the only thing that cracked the crippling depression I’ve been under and gave me some feelings. While that’s kinda intangible, I just want y’all to know.

I will ask, however, since I’m disabled and have been job hunting for like three months, if anyone has any good remote leads. I have some legal industry experience, some CSR poo poo, and some non profit PR work. I’m also a garbage writer with a sad and embarrassing number of clips. But eh, gotta start somewhere. Can give more details on PM if anyone needs them.

ladd
Aug 14, 2004
Made an apllication. posting here to confirm my username

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I’m grateful this still exists. Had an emergency come up and it looks like I’ll be needing some help with a basic necessity next week. I’ll email when the bill comes.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Sent an email.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Hi. I just read this and I hope we can do something to help this man through his hard times. I have not contacted biggerboat about posting this (hopefully he isn't pissed) and am posting this sheerly out of the hope he can get some help.

BiggerBoat posted:

I really thought this thread would get more action and assumed it effected more of us.

Don't worry. It will.

Honestly surprised there's not more horror stories here. The lack of activity in this thread leads me to believe that I'm either an outlier or that anyone else experiencing the horrors of the US health care system is too sick to post.

Cross posting from USPOL/Update:

Tying healthcare to employment still makes me sick. Especially since every job I can track down doesn't offer coverage and is low balling me real hard since the UE rate is so high. Even those jobs that DO offer benefits don't offer enough flexibility or time off to even see the doctor and work out your poo poo. I'm almost 100% certain I was let go from my job due to my physical appearance, but of course they can't say that. The prep and procedural requirements for my colonoscopy and endoscopy basically took 48 hours and needed me to arrange transportation to and from along with a caregiver that I really don't have. Thankfully I found a friend that could take 4 hours out of their weekday to help me out.

I was let go from my job last month and had a ton of health tests scheduled for September, every one of which was denied and required a different preliminary test that I had to reschedule. So I did, since my employer extended my coverage for the month and I tried to jam as many procedures in there as I could. And I was still out $2500, thanks to my deductible, and denied coverage for all the tests my PCP ordered to determine why I had lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks. Without coverage, it would have been $22,000 I was told. I was "One of the Good Ones", who WORKED for their coverage and still got hosed over every other day. Even when they DID cover me, I had to do all the leg work and make all phone calls, fax everything, work the phones and basically do everyone else's job to make it happen. Most jobs won't LET YOU be on your phone except during your "break", assuming you get one, and, trust me, you have to work the phones to squeeze a dime out of these people. Text confirmations, online forms, emails, etc.

exhausting.

I can't tell you how many lunch hours I wasted dealing with this poo poo. Not being able to EAT since I'm on the phone and digging through emails or looking for cards and papers as I turn into a human skeleton. I'm 6'1" and weigh 130 lbs. I average around 155. I'm not making this poo poo up.

It's a loving disgrace. I can't be the only one, can I?

My coverage runs out in 2 days and I am quite "literally" facing down which medicines to take and tests to schedule based on how much money I have left and what is covered over the next 2 days ALONG with looking for work and and dealing with Florida's broken unemployment website. I'll be shocked if I live another 10 years and/or don't go broke trying, whichever comes first. I'm not going to live in the streets or beg for someone to help me pay to figure out what's wrong. I'll honestly retire myself first and hang on to my humanity at least.

Only positive thing that's happened, aside from (so far) no lung, stomach, throat, colon cancer diagnosis, is that my insurance agreed to 100% cover Chantix to help me quit smoking/vaping, which was shocking since it's insanely expensive.

EDIT:

Sorry TL/DR: I'm having a lot of trouble here and wondering if I'm on an island or something. Seriously weighing doctor visits against my bank account, trying to determine which is worth it. Honestly surprised this thread died on the vine.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Posting to confirm my username from my email to Plinkey.

Basically, long story short is that I have had two extended hospital stays over the past five weeks: One for necrotizing pancreatitis (which is and feels just as awful as it sounds; my pancreas was literally dying and digesting itself), the other for severe renal failure. I'm also unemployed due to the plague, and Wisconsin's unemployment system is broken as hell (something like 1 percent of total applicants were able to get through to a call center from February 15 to as of July 1 this year), As a result, I'm about a thousand bucks short on my rent and my electric bill.

I'm not expecting goons to pay the entire thing, but every little bit helps. I can pay off my debt: I am an experienced website builder in both WordPress and Drupal (and also experienced in Joomla and Sitecore), I know email marketing / marketing automation providers like iContact, Constant Contact, Salesforce Marketing Cloud / Exact Target and others extensively, I do graphic design, etc., so I can work it off. I also have plenty of books and other nerd tchotchkeys like Transformers, LEGO sets (Ecto-1, BTTF DeLorean), the old 1980s Kenner Ghostbusters firehouse, etc.

Again, any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have both PayPal and Venmo at this email address (PayPal preferred)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Timby posted:

Posting to confirm my username from my email to Plinkey.

Basically, long story short is that I have had two extended hospital stays over the past five weeks: One for necrotizing pancreatitis (which is and feels just as awful as it sounds; my pancreas was literally dying and digesting itself), the other for severe renal failure. I'm also unemployed due to the plague, and Wisconsin's unemployment system is broken as hell (something like 1 percent of total applicants were able to get through to a call center from February 15 to as of July 1 this year), As a result, I'm about a thousand bucks short on my rent and my electric bill.

I'm not expecting goons to pay the entire thing, but every little bit helps. I can pay off my debt: I am an experienced website builder in both WordPress and Drupal (and also experienced in Joomla and Sitecore), I know email marketing / marketing automation providers like iContact, Constant Contact, Salesforce Marketing Cloud / Exact Target and others extensively, I do graphic design, etc., so I can work it off. I also have plenty of books and other nerd tchotchkeys like Transformers, LEGO sets (Ecto-1, BTTF DeLorean), the old 1980s Kenner Ghostbusters firehouse, etc.

Again, any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have both PayPal and Venmo at this email address (PayPal preferred)

shoot an email to goonfund@stanknuts.com

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I did two hours ago, you replied to it. :)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Posting to confirm I am not a robot. Life would be easier then lol.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gologle posted:

Posting to confirm I am not a robot. Life would be easier then lol.

gotcha

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
sent an email, just posting to confirm my forums name

thank you kind goons

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE has issued a correction as of 01:37 on Oct 13, 2020

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I will just repost from my SA-mart thread here -

empty whippet box posted:

Hey guys, I know I haven't posted in a long time. I need to do more button designs, but I've been kind of checked out of the political process for a bit, I guess. But I wanted to say that my wife and I are moving to Utah from MS soon, and we need every penny we can get. So if anyone is out there who could use some more buttons, we sure could use the orders! We do custom designs of any kind, fridge magnets both 1" and 2.25", and 2.25" keychain bottle openers as well. I love you all for the support you've already shown.

Also, I have a special deal that I think I will probably keep to something awful: my dad produced a vinyl record that includes some clips of me playing clarinet on it - herein referred to as "Art Bong" or "the little professor" on the record cover. He gave me two copies of this, and told me that he wants me to give one free to anyone who orders over $150. I feel like that's a bit high as far as that goes, but that is literally what he told me. It is called "The Barn", by his noise music collective The Bongoloids. I've played music with my dad in this capacity many times throughout my life and it is the only authentic form of music making I feel like I've ever participated in. I'm not sure how to describe exactly what kind of music it is, but it's a very high quality item in general, both physically and in its production; the bongoloids have been a labor of love for my dad since the 70s, and he's self produced multiple vinyl records of his own music(usually including at least one appearance by me on each record). This is the latest, and most cherished one.

empty whippet box posted:

Here's the back. To be clear, I'm not charging money specifically for this, my dad wanted it to be free to, as he put it, my biggest fans.

There are three copies available. I believe he made a total of 150 of these records. They are quite cool. I could really use any and all support right now, and would prefer to make and send buttons for that support if at all possible.

our paypal is thehotbuttonissue@gmail.com and our cashapp $lemonsaurus - if you order through our website and want the record, please let me know in the notes! Otherwise you can set it up via dm or put it in the notes of a paypal transaction.

We kinda sorta have enough money to make the move but it is going to leave us drained and on the edge. We could really use any support right now! We need to get the gently caress out of this state, and we are going to spend all of our savings to do it. I would prefer to send buttons to people for money, but I cannot turn down any assistance at this point. We have to move with 3 cats, driving 24 hours in total, over the course of 3 days, so we have to pay for hotels, a moving truck, the first month's rent, a deposit, utility turnons, and the cost of getting our car looked at and convincingly fixed up(it's a 98 honda accord) to make a drive like that safely with our cats.

Somewhat auspiciously we will be driving along the same exact path my sister went when she died in a car accident in 2013 on her way home from christmas. She also had all her pets with her, and they all died too so we are tr ying to have enough money that we can take it slow and not try to fit all the driving into two days.

Any and all help would be massively appreciated, especially if it comes in the form of supporting the business, which has had pretty lovely sales lately, partly due to me sinking into a bit of a depression bubble in which I don't want to interact with politics at all, which is a dumb thing for someone who runs a political button business to do during a presidential election. But gently caress, you know? gently caress.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Posting before I send an e-mail.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

posting after sending an email; if the amt requested can't be met pls lmk as soon as you can get around to it :) lookin at elec shutoff past tues and i reeaally want to avoid plan C here but any forewarning that I'll have to do it would be helpful

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think I got everyone from friday through today, I was at the DMV for like 4 loving hours Saturday, then had to do some stuff with family and went to see my grandma today, and it's really not a fast/trivial process to line up emails to posts/requests...etc, not something I can do on my phone.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Posting before I send an email.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Posting after I send an email.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
postin to save the soul of cspam

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

:stwoon:

Cancelled some other patreons so I upped my donation. This thread is awesome. Good luck everyone who needs it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Posting before I email you.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Jordan7hm posted:

:stwoon:

Cancelled some other patreons so I upped my donation. This thread is awesome. Good luck everyone who needs it.

I can't believe that I had no idea that this existed (should've guessed goons would've rallied around each/for other in a crisis) and threw :10bux::10bux: / month into the patreon. Make sure it goes to good use Plinkey! Thank you for setting this up!

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Posting before e-mail.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
posting at the same time as email

vcvcvc12
Jun 9, 2013
Sent email, now posting in thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farten Barfen