Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

No that's the other Drake this is the Drake that pisses himself.

could've sworn he had that poo poo on his instagram too. or maybe so many of them do it now i'm lumping them in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fatherofmustard posted:

Pro Wrestling Illustrated thinks Tessa is inspirational

The first sentence of that is huge levels of :ironicat:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

The first sentence of that is huge levels of :ironicat:

Didn't the PWI also get yelled at for including rapey bastards in the 500 too?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Vagabundo posted:

Didn't the PWI also get yelled at for including rapey bastards in the 500 too?

marty scurll who was accused of having sex with girls under 18, was 18th or so

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ItohRespectArmy posted:

marty scurll who was accused of having sex with girls under 18, was 18th or so

And his writeup was a list of not very big achievements followed by 'named in the #SpeakingOut movement'

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
What did Jey Uso do that was so inspirational?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
To be fair, Mustafa Ali went from a cop to the leader of all antifa everywhere, so that's inspirational.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, at least Tessa actually did do something you could spin as "inspiring" if you just ignore everything else. The part where a tag wrestler who got a title match against his cousin or a guy who got fired in a pandemic had a tv angle about fighting for his job while a bunch of other people stayed fired kind of stand out vs the guy who died saving the life of his kid or the countless women who spoke out against an abusive industry determined to keep them silent.

Its a tough decision. These are equal things.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Never underestimate wrestling fans. The editors were certain Nikita Koloff was going to win 1988's Inspirational Wrestler of the Year for leaving at the peak of his career to take care of his dying wife.

Nope, fans voted for Eric Embry fighting the heels in WCCW/USWA.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Davros1 posted:

Never underestimate wrestling fans. The editors were certain Nikita Koloff was going to win 1988's Inspirational Wrestler of the Year for leaving at the peak of his career to take care of his dying wife.

Nope, fans voted for Eric Embry fighting the heels in WCCW/USWA.
Do you mean 1989? That's when Embry won.

I don't remember the Nikita thing getting played up THAT much, though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

davidbix posted:

Do you mean 1989? That's when Embry won.

I don't remember the Nikita thing getting played up THAT much, though.

Yeah, 1989.

Maybe not on TV, but PWI and its sister magazine covered it pretty well.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Davros1 posted:

Yeah, 1989.

Maybe not on TV, but PWI and its sister magazine covered it pretty well.
They talked about it some—and granted I haven't seen every magazine from that period—but I don't remember it being close to widespread enough that there would be any expectation that he would win in a landslide or anything like that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/sundownmotel/status/1111684754640769025

This tweet about Vince and Linda McMahon was very funny at the time (beyond Vince being a predator they don't even live together) but now it turns out the reading he was doing into it was research for a book on WWE. So you can just guess how good the book will be!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/OGJOHNNY5/status/1317249060051447808

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

More people learned about Carter's signing with WWE on Miro's twitch than will watch his NXT UK debut. In fact, there's a good chance that more people will watch because of it, so thanks Miro.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 17, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no justin, Big Pussy was a Sopranos character, not the wrestler Miroslav Barnyashev, formerly known as Rusev

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/sweetbob/status/1317849688528269313?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Taichi v Yano would slap actually

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rerun the five star match Yano and Yoshi Hashi just had.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

what the gently caress

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Who the hell do they even have on the roster that's both even potentially important and still outside the country and would need to get back in? Only ones I can think of are Mox and maybe Jericho.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

Who the hell do they even have on the roster that's both even potentially important and still outside the country and would need to get back in? Only ones I can think of are Mox and maybe Jericho.

ELP, Ryu Lee, Eagles, the other half of FinnJuice

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

ELP, Ryu Lee, Eagles, the other half of FinnJuice

I'm strongly suspecting that they're smuggling in Finlay for the Tag League, but good point on the others.

Still don't think that 3-4 guys are what will make or break the WK cards though.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lookit this scrub having no idea that when he has to, Yano can loving go. He was a highly decorated collegiate wrestler back in the day.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yano is the highly respected and decorated King of Pro Wrestling 2020, these jabronis need to start showing some respect.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Even I, FRIGHT ISLAND’s Taichi doubter in chief, would be annoyed if he doesn’t have a big singles match at WK this year

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

Where are GoD at the moment?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

Even I, FRIGHT ISLAND’s Taichi doubter in chief, would be annoyed if he doesn’t have a big singles match at WK this year

I doubt Dangerous Tekkers are dropping the tag belts before WK so I expect that'll be his spotlight against the WTL winners. I'd kinda like to see Tekkers vs GoD just cause it'll mean we get more babyface Taichi

e: Also lol that someone asked which important foreigners are still absent and no one mentioned the five time tag champs

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

I doubt Dangerous Tekkers are dropping the tag belts before WK so I expect that'll be his spotlight against the WTL winners. I'd kinda like to see Tekkers vs GoD just cause it'll mean we get more babyface Taichi

e: Also lol that someone asked which important foreigners are still absent and no one mentioned the five time tag champs

Gedo can also keep Taichi busy in a programme with Suzuki as well.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I'd also love Roppongi Vice to reform but that ship might have sailed.

(yes, I know they only held them 4 times)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo Yoshi-Hashi and Goto dethrone Tekkers at WK, Shingo dethrones Suzuki, then at NYD, murder the old man.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Where are GoD at the moment?

Last seen on NJPW Strong in LA, but those shows are obviously pre-taped so it’s anyone’s guess now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Rumor is NJPW snuck more people into the country and they're quarantining now. English commentary not so subtly implied David Finlay was either on his way or already in the country.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

yeah but what about night 2

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Yano v Hirmou was one of my favourite matches this year dude lost via countout because he was in a lift!

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I would watch yano read a newspaper as the main event of wrestle kingdom

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1318296662658314241?s=20

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Aww i was about to post this amazing twitter nugget

anyway here's a response to it

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1318320486615404549

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I just love the "zero loyalty!" bit. Like, they fired him. Why should he be loyal to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Davros1 posted:

I just love the "zero loyalty!" bit. Like, they fired him. Why should he be loyal to them?

Its one of those posts where there's alot of wtf to unpack. Just utterly baffled by the thought process.