Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

That is a hell of a police bias in that. "altered facts"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
meth head escapes in the courthouse

https://twitter.com/jimprov/status/1309200647405932549?s=20

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I really love the "I'm too fat for this" walk the third little piggie does

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm the gun that falls out of the back sliding cop's holster that everyone ignores and leaves sitting on the steps.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm the gun that falls out of the back sliding cop's holster that everyone ignores and leaves sitting on the steps.

They really mean it when they say they've got drop guns.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Stravag posted:

I really love the "I'm too fat for this" walk the third little piggie does

The old man with the bum knee? But holy poo poo :lol: everything else

Mr. Nice! posted:

I watched it like 3 times and didn't notice that. Jesus.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/DormantLime/status/1306609716563509249?s=19

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

also crossposting this because gently caress the police

https://twitter.com/antifa_cat/status/1309361255992324098?s=20

ded fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 26, 2020

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
https://www.wdrb.com/news/grand-jur...e39a63357a.html

They only presented charges against Hankison, and expected the Grand Jury to come up with charges unprompted against the two officers who killed Taylor if they wanted to.

quote:

"The evidence supported, and our team recommended, wanton endangerment charges against Mr. Hankison. Sergeant Mattingly and Detective Cosgrove were justified in returning fire after having been fired upon by Kenneth Walker. However, the Grand Jury was presented with all of the evidence over the course of the two-and-a-half day presentation, including information involving Sergeant Mattingly and Detective Cosgrove. If our office just presented the wanton endangerment charge against Hankison, it would have been a much shorter presentation, but we felt it was important for the Grand Jury to hear all the information before they deliberated and voted."

Guess there was a reason my inner cynic was screaming 'the fix is in'.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Sep 30, 2020

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

And the police wonder why people hate them.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/CapehartJ/status/1311626940357451776

Barrel rotten all the way to the top.

quote:

WASHINGTON — Federal law enforcement officials were directed to make public comments sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager charged with fatally shooting two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, according to internal Department of Homeland Security talking points obtained by NBC News.

In preparing Homeland Security officials for questions about Rittenhouse from the media, the document suggests that they note that he "took his rifle to the scene of the rioting to help defend small business owners."

Another set of talking points distributed to Homeland Security officials said the media were incorrectly labeling the group Patriot Prayer as racists after clashes erupted between the group and protesters in Portland, Oregon.

It is unclear whether any of the talking points originated at the White House or within Homeland Security's own press office.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Yup they did concentration camps now they’re gonna do Brownshirts.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Yup they did concentration camps now they’re gonna do Brownshirts.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Legal observers in the green hats.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I'm not sure what you're saying. There is a legal group (forget who) that uses green hats to signify that they are legal observers - is there something in the photo I'm missing? Are they about to be targeted by the cops in the picture? It's grainy and washed out, hard to tell.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm not sure what you're saying. There is a legal group (forget who) that uses green hats to signify that they are legal observers - is there something in the photo I'm missing? Are they about to be targeted by the cops in the picture? It's grainy and washed out, hard to tell.

You are not alone. I don't understand the context for the picture. Is this the first time "legal observers" are seen at a protest? Are they being targeted?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

ASAPI posted:

You are not alone. I don't understand the context for the picture. Is this the first time "legal observers" are seen at a protest? Are they being targeted?

They've been doing it in NYC for years and I'd assume other cities currently, given how widespread protests are. Legal observers are supposed to be semi-protected at protests in the same way the press is - stay out of the way, don't get involved, observe and record. Of course, the press has been targeted numerous times over the past few months and it wouldn't shock me whatsoever if legal observers have been as well.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Looks like the cop in the center is pointing a rifle at them

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Shooting Blanks posted:

They've been doing it in NYC for years and I'd assume other cities currently, given how widespread protests are. Legal observers are supposed to be semi-protected at protests in the same way the press is - stay out of the way, don't get involved, observe and record. Of course, the press has been targeted numerous times over the past few months and it wouldn't shock me whatsoever if legal observers have been as well.

They have absolutely been targeted for "aiding" protestors, usually by loudly informing people of their rights or requesting the arresting officers information.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Shooting Blanks posted:

You don't see that 40mm ~less leathal~ weapon pointed at their heads? After I took that screenshot the cop continued to aim it at their heads for several minutes. He never lowered it.

edit :

There were also officers deployed to that area with silenced m4s.

The lead up to this was around 20-30 people were near a police precinct protesting how george floyds killer was out on bail. The people were in a 4 way intersection and 100+ cops/state troopers came from 3 directions and told them to leave south. The people moved south and the LRAD hit them with the dispersal sound for a few seconds (the real sound that can gently caress people up). As the protesters moved south another group of cops came at them from the south and the LRAD dude yelled out that they were all under arrest. Unicorn Riot was there the whole time and they threatened to arrest them as well but did not. They were able to observe the arrests for about 15 minutes then they were asked to leave south to the scene in that screenshot. There was zero violence or aggression on the side of the protesters.

One guy did get away on a scooter tho. :lol:

ded fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 8, 2020

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I figured the cops were threatening or intimidating the LOs somehow, I just couldn't tell from the picture. I see it now.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

ded posted:

You don't see that 40mm ~less leathal~ weapon pointed at their heads? After I took that screenshot the cop continued to aim it at their heads for several minutes. He never lowered it.

edit :

There were also officers deployed to that area with silenced m4s.

The lead up to this was around 20-30 people were near a police precinct protesting how george floyds killer was out on bail. The people were in a 4 way intersection and 100+ cops/state troopers came from 3 directions and told them to leave south. The people moved south and the LRAD hit them with the dispersal sound for a few seconds (the real sound that can gently caress people up). As the protesters moved south another group of cops came at them from the south and the LRAD dude yelled out that they were all under arrest. Unicorn Riot was there the whole time and they threatened to arrest them as well but did not. They were able to observe the arrests for about 15 minutes then they were asked to leave south to the scene in that screenshot. There was zero violence or aggression on the side of the protesters.

One guy did get away on a scooter tho. :lol:

They are actually using LRAD on people at these protests now? This is the first I've heard about them being used. Not sure if that is due to poor reporting or I just don't read/follow the correct source.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

ASAPI posted:

They are actually using LRAD on people at these protests now? This is the first I've heard about them being used. Not sure if that is due to poor reporting or I just don't read/follow the correct source.

According to Wikipedia, yes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ASAPI posted:

LRADs have been used at a large number of protests. They've brought them out to protests here in Tallahassee where the only violence has either been police or counter-protester initiated.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

ASAPI posted:

They've been using them in several places, Portland for months.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article243324761.html

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ASAPI posted:

It's been going on for months, I watched plenty of live streams of it back in may and june. NYPD is especially fond of the gigaphone.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Wow, that was quick. I guess I need to find some better news sources for this...

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

ASAPI posted:

Wow, that was quick. I guess I need to find some better news sources for this...

At this point with the protests, my basic assumption is "Do the police have X tool/weapon/tactic/whatever at their disposal? Then they've probably used it, lawfully or not." We were just talking about the press and legal observers being targeted, something that is expressly forbidden except in very specific circumstances (essentially press/LO ignoring their own rules). The police just do not give a gently caress any more.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Real cool that both parties have responded with 'do all the illegal violence you want!' Makes me hopeful we address root issues with policing. Or it stays insular white power types who knows

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ASAPI posted:

LRADs have been used extensively in the protests. I have only heard them use the 'dispersal' sound 3 or 4 times. Normally they just use it as a really annoying loud speaker.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ded posted:

LRADs have been used extensively in the protests. I have only heard them use the 'dispersal' sound 3 or 4 times. Normally they just use it as a really annoying loud speaker.

because that poo poo sucks no matter who you are

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Speaking of Bad Apples:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-michigan-sheriff-says-maybe-plotters-were-trying-to-arrest-whitmer-in-jaw-dropping-interview/

https://twitter.com/rossjonesWXYZ/status/1314581815815004160

quote:

“Do you have any regrets about being on stage, sharing a stage with a guy who’s now being charged in a plot to kidnap the governor?” Parseghian asked later.

“It’s just a charge, and they say a ‘plot to kidnap’ and you got to remember that. Are they trying to kidnap? Because a lot of people are angry with the governor, and they want her arrested,” Leaf replied. “So are they trying to arrest or was it a kidnap attempt? Because you can still in Michigan if it’s a felony, make a felony arrest.”

Leaf went on to praise the Null brothers as nice and respectful gentlemen — adding that he does feel bad for Whitmer and that nobody should be threatened with violence.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

chuds mad about a chud loving around and finding out, go after homeless

portland police of course, back them up

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

It is cool that we give the softest motherfuckers almost unlimited unchecked power of the state

Bojangles apologizes after North Carolina cop says worker pretended to spit in her drinks
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article246417745.html

quote:

Bojangles apologized to an Eastern North Carolina police officer who said a worker pretended to spit in her drinks.

Authorities are investigating after Jillian Wenderoth, a Jacksonville police officer, said she experienced discrimination at a drive-through at the fast-food chicken restaurant, WCTI reported Monday.

In a Facebook post last week, Wenderoth said a Bojangles employee cursed and started laughing with a coworker when she pulled up to the pick-up window. She said one of the employees “made the motion to spit in the drinks” he was preparing for her.

“I had the privilege of being judged and discriminated because of the uniform I wear,” the officer wrote about the events she said unfolded at a Bojangles on Halltown Road in Jacksonville. The restaurant is near the Camp Lejeune Marine base.

In a statement to McClatchy News, Bojangles said it fired the workers involved.

“We became aware of the unfortunate isolated incident that took place at our Jacksonville restaurant last week and took immediate action,” the emailed statement said. “After contacting the customer directly and conducting a thorough investigation, the employees responsible were immediately terminated.”

Wenderoth said on Facebook the restaurant chain apologized and shared its “support for law enforcement.”

“Anyone in my career knows how huge of an effect it is when people believe that ‘the actions of few represents the whole,’” Wenderoth wrote in an updated post. “I do not hold the actions of these select employees against the Bojangles franchise.”

Michael Yaniero, chief of Jacksonville police, told WCTI an investigation is being conducted to determine if there was food tampering.

“Our goal obviously is to unite the community but unfortunately events like this divide us,” Yaniero said.

Bojangles told McClatchy News it’s “working closely with local law enforcement.”

“This type of behavior is not consistent with our values or our culture, and it will not be tolerated at any Tands restaurant,” the company said, referring to the franchise group that operates Bojangles eateries in North Carolina and Virginia.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/evanchill/status/1316144444358320128

Gee, who could have predicted this. :allears:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/loisbeckett/status/1317149743433224192?s=20

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009

But how will they found out where their wives and families went if they cut ties with the organization?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MonkeyFit posted:

But how will they found out where their wives and families went if they cut ties with the organization?

Probably just ask lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnny_suputama/status/1317252198133354497