Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the only thing i regret about my S5 is that it is a boring color(daytona grey) and not blue

Daytona grey owns under sunlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I really wanted a Great Falls Green metallic Alltrack but we settled for blue with a tan interior instead.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I wanted one until I saw it in person on a GTI and did not much care for the color at all^

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Sab669 posted:

I wanted one until I saw it in person on a GTI and did not much care for the color at all^

I saw it in person. It wasn't as good as I wanted it to be but it was still better than like, black. I wasn't that upset about the blue.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Green-ish

Not new though...

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I had a light purple/lilac-ish Neon at the end of last century. It was an okay colour.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

My first car was an emerald green 92 Camry. I also owned a galactic green 2000 GTI.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
My very first car was a green 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country. It was only 5 years old but it had like 150,000 miles on it and had been buried to the hood in a swamp, more than once. In the same swamp. It had many issues but I should have stuck with it instead of trade it in as a lease down payment.

Not a picture of mine, but the same thing...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My father leased a green Mitsubishi Galant in the early 90's and it was one of the first cars I ever drove.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I don't think it was two tone like that one but I learned to drive in a green Cherokee circa 1996. Those things were cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it i thought we were car gaming

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
It took me a minute to remember that game!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

God drat it i thought we were car gaming

I think we were just remembering why green cars are cool. But the car game is cool too.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Fear not, gentle goons. The ubermensch at BMW have heard your pleas for green M3s and help is on the way

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
I’m shamelessly self promoting here but the Nitrous Blue on the Focus RS is a base coat of Grabber Blue with a layer of metallic flake and then a layer of pearlescent shimmer over that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Huge_Midget posted:

I’m shamelessly self promoting here but the Nitrous Blue on the Focus RS is a base coat of Grabber Blue with a layer of metallic flake and then a layer of pearlescent shimmer over that.

God that's nice.

From my old house, I used to pass by a house on the way to my daughter's daycare where a guy had a mint FJ62 and a bright blue Focus RS in the driveway and I always thought "this guy gets it."

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

SlapActionJackson posted:

Fear not, gentle goons. The ubermensch at BMW have heard your pleas for green M3s and help is on the way

More like uberzähne.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A new Bronco was spotted and it was possibly green but it hasn't been seen since. Ford's PR guy did some cryptic tweet about it and the current rumor is some sort of special edition. Maybe "Forest Service Green".

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think green is more of an interior color.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SlapActionJackson posted:

Mean green driving machine

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gonna need a photoshop of the goat man stretching the m3 grilles out, namaste

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

gonna need a photoshop of the goat man stretching the m3 grilles out, namaste

Both ways:

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/u8fPPKl.png:nws:

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Zero One posted:

A new Bronco was spotted and it was possibly green but it hasn't been seen since. Ford's PR guy did some cryptic tweet about it and the current rumor is some sort of special edition. Maybe "Forest Service Green".

I interned for the forest service one summer in Colorado so I’ve always had a soft spot for that mint green color. They also knew what was up with cool poo poo to drive. Usually I had a two door blazer to drive but once I had to borrow the V10 F350 dually used to tow the range crew’s horse trailer and that thing got real squirrelly in the gravel with its extra long wheel base.

I’m trying to justify to my partner that it would make sense for us to get a new bronco.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Huge_Midget posted:

I love that the metallic flake they added is gold colored. It looks really cool when the sun hits it and I haven’t seen that effect show in photos, but the first time you see it in person it’s “whoah”

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The Fiesta ST's Molten Orange is the same way. Photos it just looks red but under gas station lights you can really see the metallic go off and it's actually such a beautiful color.

Sadly the day I test drove a Focus RS it was quite overcast so the paint just looked Blue

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I need to respray the hard top on my MX5 for next year and I'm thinking about going black with rainbow flake

Cars need to have more fun coloured paintjobs, I like that there's some AIers with good taste.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I need to respray the hard top on my MX5 for next year and I'm thinking about going black with rainbow flake

Cars need to have more fun coloured paintjobs, I like that there's some AIers with good taste.

That looks fantastic. Are you having someone spray it or DIY? Someone on my job site did a rattle can satin blue paint job on his 1980 el Camino and it’s surprisingly not awful to look at

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Audi does amzing greens, just look at the Audi posted in the post your car thread. The perfect shade and mix. I love blue cars, but I want a green car next.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Secret Machine posted:

That looks fantastic. Are you having someone spray it or DIY? Someone on my job site did a rattle can satin blue paint job on his 1980 el Camino and it’s surprisingly not awful to look at

Good question, it's not like the hard top is particularly big so it would be the ideal time to learn how to do it i guess. It's a bit scuffed up so needs a refresh anyway and I am a huge child who likes glittery things so...

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Good question, it's not like the hard top is particularly big so it would be the ideal time to learn how to do it i guess. It's a bit scuffed up so needs a refresh anyway and I am a huge child who likes glittery things so...

Count me as one too, that looks amazing. I've done plenty of PlastiDip because it has a low barrier for entry (cost and skill wise) but this would be best done with real paint.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I liked the Marina Green Mica on my Miata. Had some gold flake in the sun.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Man. We had. Ford Windstar growing up in Midnight that looked like so many different colors in different lights.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh wow. I hate non SA forums.

I've been following some Ford forums for updates on the Bronco. It's mostly just boomers who have no understanding of how the world works these days complaining about every little thing Ford does or doesn't say. Also Trump memes.

For example. The hot topic for months has been the missing "Build and Price" tool for the Bronco. Most of the posters are under the impression that Ford has been unable to launch the tool since July because their IT department sucks or they need new servers. Ford certainly can’t just lift and drop their B&P code from their dozen other models into the Bronco. “This is a problem that ford can’t build a website! If they can’t build a website how can they build a car??”

None of them have caught on yet that its because Ford isn’t sure what they’ll be able to produce in 2021 yet and have been delaying until they lock the production down. “COVID is a lie... there are no supply chain issues! Ford can build 1 million F-150s a year, they will be able to produce at least 500,000 Broncos in 2021!”

That’s just one thing. They have a meltdown almost every day. I don’t know if I can survive reading their posts until July 2021 but I imagine it will be a bloodbath when production isn’t as smooth as they imagine.

Or they’ll just vanish. They also love to post about jumping to Jeep...

...And that Ford is worse than Hillary.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Zero One posted:

I've been following some Ford forums for updates on the Bronco. It's mostly just boomers who have no understanding of how the world works these days complaining about every little thing Ford does or doesn't say. Also Trump memes.

So why subject yourself to it? What information do you hope to glean that won't pop up on every car blog an hour later?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yeah I know. There was a Bronco event last week they posted a lot of pictures and Q&A. Some of which did end up on the other blogs eventually. But what else am I going to do while sitting at home bored?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
If you're going to touch the poop, touch it with a stick. Not your bare hand. Or battery yet, look but don't touch.

No good will come from interacting on those forums.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

davebo posted:

So why subject yourself to it? What information do you hope to glean that won't pop up on every car blog an hour later?

Scroll fast. Only stop for pictures. Become functionally illiterate otherwise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jerk off.

A LOT.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Colour chat: I think some cars definitely suit black or white but they usually also look great in another loud colour.

I always thought I'd only own white cars until I got a good deal on a blue car and the metallic paint is really fun to keep clean and shiny. White was always a nightmare to clean and never really pops like some of these newer deep metallics and flakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Jerk off.

A LOT.

but don't pull a Toobin