Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Azathoth256 posted:

She was only a hard counter to Mahito's clone, she had no special advantages against Mahito himself.

That's still my point though. She still had every possible advantage in her fight and still got screwed over in the last minute. It's really not worth giving Todo too much of the advantage because just as easily as his curse techniques can ruin Mahito's touch based power, we already saw that it can work against him if his opponent grasps the timing and utility of his technique and unlike Hanami; Mahito is forewarned about Boogie Woogie and his attacks will always be lethal compared to getting hit with tree roots. Given what we've seen, Todo will need at least 1 other fighter to make a fair shot at Mahito because at best he can keep himself from getting touched but he's still limited to melee attacks so maybe the Kyoto principle can show up to help or Todo can orchestrate a situation where Mahito attempts idle mutation and Yuji becomes the target. The new kid might exclusively be a healer so it's yet to be seen if he has any combat capabilities.

This is of course still ignoring the possibility that Mahito just activates his domain and instant wins against Todo. It's not like he doesn't have that ace up his sleeve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

This is of course still ignoring the possibility that Mahito just activates his domain and instant wins against Todo. It's not like he doesn't have that ace up his sleeve.[/spoiler]

Mahito was weaker than the other Disaster Curses in pure curse power output so it's possible Todo or someone else could overpower his domain with their own.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Manatee Cannon posted:

considering that guy mentioned treating kugisaki and said she's only "probably" dead, I think there's a good chance she's alive and makes it through this

Isn’t it basically a rule in fiction that if someone is said to “probably” be dead then they’re almost certainly alive?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

muscles like this! posted:

A little worried that Moriking might be heading to a cancellation with the rush to endgame. I think the series is fun.

Based on volume one sales being very weak according to Oricon data, this is very likely to be the case yeah unless it gets like an immediate boost in popularity.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

CodfishCartographer posted:

Yeah Magu is really settling into its place as a wholesome gag manga, it doesn't make me laugh like Roboco and Agravity Boys do, but it always makes me smile. I hope it sticks around! High School Family is pretty forgettable though. I chuckled at this week's chapter where protag was helping the cat do situps but I legit think that's the only time I've laughed the entire time so far.

I'm not sure on Phantom Seer, it's got some charm to it but overall is a bit bland. Some posters here disliked that the woman protagonist didn't have any agency, but it seems like that may have been intentional setup for what this chapter introduced. I'll keep en eye on it but it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't last longer than another ten or so chapters.

I look forward to Magu every week. It's not a big laugh manga, but it makes me happy.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

I Am Fowl posted:

I look forward to Magu every week. It's not a big laugh manga, but it makes me happy.

Yeah! It's just a nice warm-hearted feel-good manga. Ruru is so endearingly friendly and all the gods are dumb as hell but boy do they try their hardest! There's basically been no mean-spirited jokes at all, it's really very pleasant.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

A little worried that Moriking might be heading to a cancellation with the rush to endgame. I think the series is fun.

It definitely is. While I’m a little sad I feel like it’s for the best, it’s a little one note. (Though this card based battle was fantastic)

Maybe with Moriking gone I can focus on Magu. It’s fun but has trouble keeping my attention.

Agravivity boys bores me this week.

Roboco however was fantastic

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By posted:

This is of course still ignoring the possibility that Mahito just activates his domain and instant wins against Todo. It's not like he doesn't have that ace up his sleeve.

If Itadori is in the immediate area than the domain is a no-no for Mahito, cause Itadori just being in the domain the last time pissed Sukuna enough to wreck Mahito, and Sukuna's even stronger now.

And Todo's dialogue seems to make it sound like he plans to team up with Itadori to take Mahito down. If that is the case, then Mahito's domain is pretty much sealed.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

If Itadori is in the immediate area than the domain is a no-no for Mahito, cause Itadori just being in the domain the last time pissed Sukuna enough to wreck Mahito, and Sukuna's even stronger now.

Yes and no, remember during the Mahito vs Yuji/Nanami fight that the barrier for Mahito's domain pushed Yuji back while it was expanding but kept Nanami in. It's not like he couldn't deploy it even with Yuji standing right next to him it's just a matter of dispelling it faster than Yuji can break back in and thus triggering Sukuna's wrath.

I trust Todo to have a plan, but I'm just laying out on paper the odds he has against him. Todo also would need someone that deals the right kind of damage since Mahito essentially ignores anything that isn't direct damage to his own soul. Sure he wants Yuji to get up and help but the story is also stressing that Yuji has well crossed his breaking point so we'll see how he shapes up after getting that damage healed up. He just ate a black flash to the chest.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Glad for the start now of the best alternate ending arc in We Never Learn.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
What's supposed to be the age gap between Nariyuki and sensei again

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mikl posted:

What's supposed to be the age gap between Nariyuki and sensei again

Somewhere around like 7-10 years I think.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
There's definitely a much different focus for her then the other girls.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

chumbler posted:

Glad for the start now of the best alternate ending arc in We Never Learn.

But the best alternate ending arc just ended last issue?

(this was a joke but I think I actually prefer Fumino's alt more, despite how much I like seeing timeskip epilogues)

booksnake fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 18, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Before it splintered it definitely felt like it was heading toward a Fumino ending. She felt like the safest option.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fumino is my favorite character and the one who I felt had the best romantic chemistry. I wasn't considering Senpai much at all but that arc that just finished was good enough to make me appreciate the pairing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Personally I thought senpai had the best romantic chemistry of the non-sensei girls, but she was also by far the flirtiest.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I felt like Uruka was the most natural love interest, but so far the senpai ending has been the best one imo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Roboco draws a manga for Jump

Mangaplus link

Mash Burnedead and the Cream Puff Celebration

Mangaplus Link

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Roboco and Mashle were both great this week, that first roboco page especially

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I still haven't given it a watch, but I'd be curious to see how fights get animated for JJK because Mahito this chapter is pure horror with his shapeshifting.
I still haven't shaken my apprehensions of Todo fighting here but it's good that he got Yuji back on his feet and back in the fight. Although I think he's already been made aware that the college wants Yuji dead given the bomb that is Sukuna finally "going off" and killing a bunch of people in Shibuya
Mangaplus

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the animation in jjk is top notch. legit one of the best looking tv animes I've seen

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Roboco is an amazing artist

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

15th chapter of Roboco and its a killer. Itll definitely have legs.
I wanted the manga to do this kind of chapter from the start, and i am content.

JJK: Whatchu gonna do when Todomania runs wild on you brother
Big lols at his scar's origin story though.

Undead Unluck: Huh ok sure 2 manga going the manga drawing chapter route at the same time.

Mashle:

Did you just lick a rock?
Oh I guess youre at that age

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 26, 2020

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Mash is the king of smacktalk

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
We Never Learn is pretty good in this arc, actually. I was afraid Nariyuki and Sensei wouldn't "click" (i.e. that it would feel forced) or that it would go somewhere uncomfortable, but so far it's a pair of dumb idiots slowly figuring stuff out.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

what the heck is happening in undead unluck right now? this bit with writing manga seems so out of nowhere especially with what just happened

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

mabels big day posted:

what the heck is happening in undead unluck right now? this bit with writing manga seems so out of nowhere especially with what just happened
For some reason- this shoujo manga (which happens to be a favorite of Fuuko's) predicts the course of events in the world. Fuuko wrote a manga to get access to the offices it's published in so she can see the original manuscripts.

"Artifacts" like Fuuko's gun, and Negators themselves are unaffected by passive rules. When all language was unified to English, this actually presented a problem for the negators who didn't speak English because their native tongues no longer existed. Everything- print and all was changed to English; except that when they saw the original manuscript for this shoujo manga it was still in Japanese, which indicates it was created with an Artifact. That means there's someone out there with an artifact that can predict the future, or someone who can predict the future who uses an artifact to create their manga for some reason.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 27, 2020

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fabricated posted:

For some reason- this shoujo manga (which happens to be a favorite of Fuuko's) predicts the course of events in the world. Fuuko wrote a manga to get access to the offices it's published in so she can see the original manuscripts.

"Artifacts" like Fuuko's gun, and Negators themselves are unaffected by passive rules. When all language was unified to English, this actually presented a problem for the negators who didn't speak English because their native tongues no longer existed. Everything- print and all was changed to English; except that when they saw the original manuscript for this shoujo manga it was still in Japanese, which indicates it was created with an Artifact. That means there's someone out there with an artifact that can predict the future, or someone who can predict the future who uses an artifact to create their manga for some reason.

i know what is literally happening, im more asking, "what the gently caress is this" as a rhetorical question, because what the gently caress

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its the self referential manga making episode

A the roboco mangaka must have gotten wind of it and raced to make a timely joke.

Undonut.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's incredibly weird but the turnaround to describing how crazy You-Me is got me on board. wish that manga was real tbh

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

dogsicle posted:

it's incredibly weird but the turnaround to describing how crazy You-Me is got me on board. wish that manga was real tbh

aliens playing soccer is just Inazuma Eleven

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its the self referential manga making episode

A the roboco mangaka must have gotten wind of it and raced to make a timely joke.

Undonut.

Yeah that timing is impossibly good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Huh, maybe Moriking isn't getting canceled then?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The last page of Mashle is great this week

Agravity Boys surprising me with paying off stuff set up in chapter 1. It's not a one-pieced hundreds-chapter-long setup, but it's still impressive!

Roboco continues being fantastic with its meta humor. It really is the top dog comedy series right now.

Magu-chan also continues to be heart-warming and never fails to make me smile. I didn't realize Halloween was so obscure in Japan? Maybe just in more rural areas.

I dig the art for Phantom Seer's title page this week. Shame it's otherwise pretty generic and forgettable.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Huh, maybe Moriking isn't getting canceled then?

Possibly

Roboco
Roboco is my spirit animal, continues to kick rear end.

Mashle
loadin carbs, makin friends, punchin dudes.

Jujutsu Kaisen

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Even Roboco agrees Jujustu's ED is a banger.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Mashle
loadin carbs, makin friends, punchin dudes.
That last punch felt soooo good. Also, new teammate acquired so let's just ignore all the student's he's kidnapped and such

Making me feel really good here Todo. RIP Mechamaru again, reminder he died November 2 last year so this is basically the anniversary.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just think that if it was actually going to end they would have done it at this story arc instead of introducing a new group and structure.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Even Roboco agrees Jujustu's ED is a banger.

Hell yeah it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWEm4tA2hMc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Mashle does so many bog-standard "ah but you actually had a heart" things where Mash rips peoples facades off, but somehow I like every single one of them.