Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

TheAardvark posted:

should i still go for it even if im not getting paid?? :ohdear:

They do say you shouldn't turn your hobby into a job...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

TheAardvark posted:

should i still go for it even if im not getting paid?? :ohdear:

GO FOR IT!

The world is yours!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://twitter.com/LomoLynn/status/586549710715916289

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I Tested that AWFUL Bacon-Wrapped, Egg Stuffed Cheese Brick - Chefclub Viral Recipes Tested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeMN21HNI-A

e;
"This is just not very pleasant."

"So much of the grease has soaked into the torillas, it's is like eating a wet gym sock."

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 01:24 on Oct 17, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You're still just eating an entire brick of cheese wrapped in bacon, who wants to do that?

I will happily eat the sugar and butter mix you get when making cakes and I would not eat a 2lb block of cheese wrapped in bacon, and especially not a 4lb block of it.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I was gonna say someone better mention townsends or ELSE

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

OwlFancier posted:

You're still just eating an entire brick of cheese wrapped in bacon, who wants to do that?

I will happily eat the sugar and butter mix you get when making cakes and I would not eat a 2lb block of cheese wrapped in bacon, and especially not a 4lb block of it.

What if the cheese was juuuust at the point of melting

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Data Graham posted:

What if the cheese was juuuust at the point of melting

Soups vide could deliver such a textural experience.

Edit: I’m leaving that typo right where it is.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I am always on the lookout for the opportunity, which might only occur once in a lifetime, to make a humorous substitution of "soupcan" for "soupçon" in a recipe

e: this was not it

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Data Graham posted:

I am always on the lookout for the opportunity, which might only occur once in a lifetime, to make a humorous substitution of "soupcan" for "soupçon" in a recipe

e: this was not it

The answer will be sugar or salt.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/batshaped/status/1316550844318277632?s=19

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/knockturnal/status/1044791998320799745

I mean I would readily eat any of these, but it is pretty ridiculous.

AreWeDrunkYet has a new favorite as of 20:06 on Oct 17, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

For reference a meal at Noma costs 440 USD.

e:
Ants, cod liver, and moss. Bone app the teeth.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 20:07 on Oct 17, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would say eat the rich but if the rich have been eating that I don't think I want to.

I also enjoy contrasting:

https://twitter.com/batshaped/status/1316550887267999744

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/1317240926352273408?s=19

You, a big racist, will only eat food native to white countries, everyone laughs.

Me, a chef, will only cook foodobjects native to denmark, #1 restaurant.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 20:26 on Oct 17, 2020

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

do they serve any warm food

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
convincing rich people to give you massive amounts of money for the privilege of eating garbage is a really funny grift and I endorse it bigly. eat this trash you stupid fucks, EAT IT.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

multijoe posted:

do they serve any warm food

warmth is not naturally found in denmark

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Reminds me of the restaurant from Naked Lunch which made their food infinitesimally worse constantly over time until people were eating literal garbage and proclaiming it the best thing ever

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

OwlFancier posted:

warmth is not naturally found in denmark

Snaps and 'hygge' are our only generators of warmth.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I read an article about Noma and the concept actually seems pretty cool if I had money to blow on that poo poo. But also, it's never not going to be hilarious that one of the best haute-cuisine restaurants in the world is run by a guy who wandered out of the woods with fistfuls of mold and ants.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

You, a big racist, will only eat food native to white countries, everyone laughs.

Me, a chef, will only cook foodobjects native to denmark, #1 restaurant.

Locally sourcing ingredients has nothing to do with nativism.

https://www.eater.com/2017/4/11/15259192/rene-redzepi-noma-mexico-tulum-open

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume the ants taste "citrusy" because they have formic acid in them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A magnificent first sentence.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

I assume the ants taste "citrusy" because they have formic acid in them.

i think it depends on the kind of ant but the ones i ate one time were indeed kinda sour.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

In boyscouts they made us eat ants one time, and they do have a slight citrus taste. I wouldn't pay to eat ants though.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

LifeSunDeath posted:

In boyscouts they made us eat ants one time, and they do have a slight citrus taste. I wouldn't pay to eat ants though.

Ants are just nature's crunchy oranges

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The Bloop posted:

Hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy poo poo her face in that tub of ruined food

How much do we pay to get this as the thread background?

uber_stoat posted:

convincing rich people to give you massive amounts of money for the privilege of eating garbage is a really funny grift and I endorse it bigly. eat this trash you stupid fucks, EAT IT.

Pretty sure live sweet small pastries is also a japanese sushi thing.

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Oct 17, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

uber_stoat posted:

It never stops baffling the mind when people act like businesses like Noma are somehow pulling one over the rich instead of providing them with a means to distinguish themselves from the masses and to show off their upper class credentials for what amounts to trivial amounts of money as far as they are concerned. Like they don't masturbate over all the derision their "meals" are receiving as a proof of moving in a society that is just way over the poors' heads.

So gently caress the Noma owners, and gently caress everybody else who is validating the rich by catering to their demands of conspicuous consumption.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 23:35 on Oct 17, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

steinrokkan posted:

So gently caress the Noma owners, and gently caress everybody else who is validating the rich by catering to their demands of conspicuous consumption of ants.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

keep this one muted but worth a watch:
https://twitter.com/StrangestMp4/status/1317465943669239808?s=20

Of all the things I'm currently mad about, restaurants charging rich people way too much to eat dumpster seasoned meat, is not one of those things.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I mean I would readily eat any of these

Why?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LifeSunDeath posted:

keep this one muted but worth a watch:
https://twitter.com/StrangestMp4/status/1317465943669239808?s=20

Of all the things I'm currently mad about, restaurants charging rich people way too much to eat dumpster seasoned meat, is not one of those things.

I'll loving fight you in a raisin cane's parking lot

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

I'll loving fight you in a raisin cane's parking lot

It's a knife fight, but our bodies are actually cake. it's delicious

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm just mad I didn't think to fleece the rich by serving inedible twigs and frozen clam juice as Michelin star-worthy fare

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

idk if any of you ever seen a TV show featuring the chef of Noma, but he is exactly as pretentious as you'd imagine.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

spankmeister posted:

idk if any of you ever seen a TV show featuring the chef of Noma, but he is exactly as pretentious as you'd imagine.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I'm just mad I didn't think to fleece the rich by serving inedible twigs and frozen clam juice as Michelin star-worthy fare

This has been posted here before, but along similar lines a guy spoofed reviews to become the number 1 restaurant on tripadvisor, even though he didn't have a restaurant. He then proceeded to have people who had booked with him dine in his backyard. He served them frozen food and bagged salad, and they loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqPARIKHbN8

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Because by all accounts Redzepi knows what he's doing and those things, while looking weird, are likely delicious.

Not for $440 or whatever, but if that's in front of you why wouldn't you be interested in trying it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011