Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Thoguh posted:

This is gonna kill a minimum of one in a thousand people in the country before all is said and done (probably a lot more than that) and it's remains mind blowing to me that the chud line of 'we just have to learn to live with it' is something that tens of millions of people believe.

My chud cousin that finally got it has been about as big a dipshit about the whole thing as you'd expect from somebody who thinks the whole thing is no big deal.

He went to work sick, stayed long enough to expose everybody, and got sent home.

My mom said he showed up at my grandma's house to go deer hunting this weekend saying it was blown out of proportion because the only symptoms he had was no sense of taste or smell.

I'm skipping out on my birthday this year because I know his whole dumb rear end clan will show up like they did the day after they got back from Florida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

where do they expect people to hear about these apps they're supposed to download? are they taking out facebook ads or tv ads?

I heard about it bc I'm subscribed the NYS doh newsletter, I watch almost every daily Cuomo news conference, and I check local reporting for positivity rates of zip codes near me. but I also didn't download it bc I barely leave my apartment.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it sure is a good thing people who don't own smartphones can't transmit the disease, otherwise an app-based solution to tracing it wouldnt solve the problem

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Shear Modulus posted:

where do they expect people to hear about these apps they're supposed to download? are they taking out facebook ads or tv ads?

lol I wouldn't see either of these ads

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chamale posted:

Yeah, that's assuming the government immediately starts doing the best things it could do to stop the spread and help people. At this point "100 times worse than 9/11" is a hilariously optimistic scenario.

2977 people died in 9/11

USA currently at 224,282 official deaths from COVID

65k deaths to go!

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

SKULL.GIF posted:

2977 people died in 9/11

USA currently at 224,282 official deaths from COVID

65k deaths to go!

i mean if you simply go by increased deaths yoy accounting for pop, we're there. we've 100xed a 9/11 100%

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol remember when trump said that google was making a website that would show you the nearest walmart parking lot you could go to to get tested and it would be done by monday

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

lol remember when trump said that google was making a website that would show you the nearest walmart parking lot you could go to to get tested and it would be done by monday
Lmao I do

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

lil poopendorfer posted:

A conventional N95 mask is fine for errands, but the elastomeric respirators satisfy your inner larper

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

i remember a few weeks ago when it was 2019

edit: ive learned a lot in the decades since january 2020

Raine has issued a correction as of 04:39 on Oct 18, 2020

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

euphemism posted:

i mean if you simply go by increased deaths yoy accounting for pop, we're there. we've 100xed a 9/11 100%

Or if you count the real death toll as deaths-more-than-expected.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Shear Modulus posted:

...and the media reported it as if it was all true and valid because they refuse to ever hold up the slightest scrutiny or perform basic reasoning in regards to trumo’s ramblings

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Fireside Nut posted:

...and the media reported it as if it was all true and valid because they refuse to ever hold up the slightest scrutiny or perform basic reasoning in regards to trumo’s ramblings

they know it's their responsibility to respect the office

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

The phone literally tells you via a amber alert like pop up telling you the software is available to download and why you should do it. If you click on the button it takes you straight to the store to download it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The phone literally tells you via a amber alert like pop up telling you the software is available to download and why you should do it. If you click on the button it takes you straight to the store to download it

oh ok

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

My chud cousin that finally got it has been about as big a dipshit about the whole thing as you'd expect from somebody who thinks the whole thing is no big deal.

He went to work sick, stayed long enough to expose everybody, and got sent home.

My mom said he showed up at my grandma's house to go deer hunting this weekend saying it was blown out of proportion because the only symptoms he had was no sense of taste or smell.

I'm skipping out on my birthday this year because I know his whole dumb rear end clan will show up like they did the day after they got back from Florida

i would disown family members that act like that. just never talk to them again, and threaten them with my hanzo steel if they show up unannounced

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Google Butt posted:

get a half mask. Co-workers will get over you being a walking reminder of reality eventually, promise

i client said he liked my respirator today and nodded sagely after i said, "yeah, i'm not messing around." i feel validated with all the chin masks and uncovered noses i have to interact with during a shift.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Raine posted:

i remember a few weeks ago when it was 2019

edit: ive learned a lot in the decades since january 2020

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
these people are so loving stupid goddamn
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1317673468327067652

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

The Coen brothers should make a movie about this.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

lil poopendorfer posted:

A conventional N95 mask is fine for errands, but the elastomeric respirators satisfy your inner larper

Inner?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I wear a light cloak, try to optimize carry load, keep a fist aid kit and four masks on me at all times and look like I'm straight out of Vancouver. To be specific, the bits with low-budget post-apocalyptic science fiction.

Inner larper what the poo poo is that. Only conflict left is between going wasteland survivor and full cyber goth.

Yes a fist aid kit, never know when that's coming in handy. gently caress fixin' typos.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

big fan of the cop at the end getting ready to complain how his cop friends would be sad about enforcing a mask requirement, even if masks stop the spread wholesale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

fwiw I've never seen this

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

In Training posted:

fwiw I've never seen this

It got pushed as a notification to all Android phones/tablets in NY, I'm not sure about iPhones/iPads

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Why did they sneak in or why are they not allowed to? They snuck in maybe because they live here normally. 600,000 Kiwis do since you don't need a visa between the two countries.

But they weren't supposed to be allowed to enter the state until are lockdown is over. The federal government is a bunch of chuds and don't care. They're constantly on tv trashing our premier for doing the right thing. Murdoch media does the same. They hate that he beat the virus.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Why did they sneak in or why are they not allowed to? They snuck in maybe because they live here normally. 600,000 Kiwis do since you don't need a visa between the two countries.

But they weren't supposed to be allowed to enter the state until are lockdown is over. The federal government is a bunch of chuds and don't care. They're constantly on tv trashing our premier for doing the right thing. Murdoch media does the same. They hate that he beat the virus.

can you show some examples of Murdoch media being upset about Victoria’s success, because that would be a great laugh

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Steve Yun posted:

can you show some examples of Murdoch media being upset about Victoria’s success, because that would be a great laugh

This is pretty typical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRcfXxifXiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FDC4kKmCJ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyEedm96DEM

They always use scowling shadowy shots like this on their articles too

Google is gonna think I wanna see this poo poo now, great. :(

UnfortunateSexFart has issued a correction as of 06:54 on Oct 18, 2020

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

https://twitter.com/smcbride360/status/1316486727805079553
:thunk:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

This is pretty typical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyEedm96DEM

They always use scowling shadowy shots like this on their articles too

The media call him Dictator Dan.
I call him Dreamy Dan :allears:

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

New policy: execute every citizen that reaches the average life expectancy

Help our life expectancy is going down our population is dying

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Griefor posted:

New policy: execute every citizen that reaches the average life expectancy

Help our life expectancy is going down our population is dying

logan's run.

oh wait british english. lougan's run.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

lets change it to death expectancy so it doesn't come as a surprise when the chuds let you die

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
I want to laugh at this but then I realized a lot of people probably don't appreciate how averages or life expectancy work

this guy is presenting a tautology like it's some amazing insight

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

Shear Modulus posted:

it sure is a good thing people who don't own smartphones can't transmit the disease, otherwise an app-based solution to tracing it wouldnt solve the problem

last week while I was pushing a stroller in a crosswalk a woman stopped her car to yell at me and another guy that “cellphones are the real virus” and then continued on, ranting about waves I think

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

marmot25 posted:

last week while I was pushing a stroller in a crosswalk a woman stopped her car to yell at me and another guy that “cellphones are the real virus” and then continued on, ranting about waves I think

Cellphones send waves, corona comes in waves

Makes you think

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Griefor posted:

Cellphones send waves, corona comes in waves

Makes you think

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The other thing to note is that they might actually live in Melbourne and were just returning home but we don't know since we don't have a record of who they were, they just flew into Melbourne and immediately left the airport. The premier had to write a letter to the prime minister and ask that border force look up their names and pass that info along so we could check in with them and make sure they were aware of the current lockdown restrictions.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Oops!
https://twitter.com/radionz/status/1317617675636416512?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sucks to be in this part of Melbourne.

Downtown is behind the black part at the top.