Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

tuo posted:

Looks pretty simple to me:

I mean seriously, if you don't have that in your car for the hood ornament, are you even trying?

The plebians of the world will never understand how hard it is to be rich.

Also, holy gently caress that America mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I confess I once had an M3 convertible (E93) as a business car with that foldable hardtop (which they got rid of as soon as possible), and as someone who mostly drives 30+ year old bimmers as a hobby, the first thing I thought when I saw all that poo poo in motion was "yeah, that'll be great fun to take care off once this car is 15 years+" (thinking about the Z1 doors).

Then found out BMW even had trouble getting that poo poo to work for three years under warranty. Mine once kinda tried to explode when I opened the top and the car was not exactly level.

Keep it simple, stupid!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

TotalLossBrain posted:

That goes back at least to early 90's Mercedes.

poo poo I just realized I stole the first (and only) one in like 1995...drat I'm old....

e: I also never did this, just to make it clear! I did, and I regret it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

xzzy posted:

Computer touchers: but space is a delimiter, and we need some way to prevent user strings from loving up our tokenization.

In‐band signalling was a mistake, full stop.

tuo posted:

Looks pretty simple to me:

I mean seriously, if you don't have that in your car for the hood ornament, are you even trying?

It looks like a dog’s breakfast, but it’s like, a motor, some linkages, and a limit switch?

I’m not sure it’s actually that bad.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon/143786107347?hash=item217a51e1d3:g:hGoAAOSw9htfhkfi

Thumposaurus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 17, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Someone help me identify this thing

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/sYqvfDR.png :nws:

No no, I mean the car

It's not a Diablo, is it? The strakes look way too familiar to be some obscure mod.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Someone help me identify this thing

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/sYqvfDR.png :nws:

No no, I mean the car

It's not a Diablo, is it? The strakes look way too familiar to be some obscure mod.

It's a Diablo

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-244612/1995-lamborghini-diablo-vt/

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah cool, the strakes are just hard to see in most usual lighting. Thanks

(e: and/or there appear to be a drat bunch of different variations on them)

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 17, 2020

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Trump's '97 Diablo sold on ebay in 2016 for $460,000 with 15k on the clock. Someone added a little inlay badge thing with his name too.

Fuckin' killer color though, 'Le Mans Blue'. Apparently the only one made that year. IDK if he had another or if he's cuddling Ivanka in someone else's.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ror posted:

Trump's '97 Diablo sold on ebay in 2016 for $460,000 with 15k on the clock. Someone added a little inlay badge thing with his name too.

Fuckin' killer color though, 'Le Mans Blue'. Apparently the only one made that year. IDK if he had another or if he's cuddling Ivanka in someone else's.

That's gorgeous.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

This crosses the line several times, weaving wildly between awesome and terrible, before ending up exactly where it belongs.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
having a real tough time believing dimbald trimp can drive a manual transmission

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I doubt it was bought with the intention of ever driving it anywhere - just another background prop to stand in front of.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah that screams "prop for Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous video shoot."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah except then I found

So like :psyduck:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Data Graham posted:

Yeah except then I found

He should hitch those pantaloons up a bit higher, they aren't covering his nipples yet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

You should probably not be, just saying

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Memento posted:

You should probably not be, just saying

holy jesus I made better welds than this in high school ag shop

and probably would've designed a more efficient exhaust system too

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I NEED to know what that sounds like.

Besides "like poo poo", which it surely does.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Yeah except then I found

god he really has just always been 300 pounds of poo poo in a 250 pound sack hasn't he

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Can't tell if weld or jpeg artifact.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Remember when I was saying how lamborghini is a villain's car?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Data Graham posted:

Yeah except then I found

Holy gently caress :psyduck:

loving $1.29 a gallon?!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Finger Prince posted:

Remember when I was saying how lamborghini is a villain's car?

They even named it after him! :rimshot:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Holy gently caress :psyduck:

loving $1.29 a gallon?!

Every generation is amazed at how little the generation before them paid for gas!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

wait till you hear what a candy bar cost

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The cheapest gas in US history, in purchasing-power-adjusted dollars, was in Clinton's second term.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sagebrush posted:

The cheapest gas in US history, in purchasing-power-adjusted dollars, was in Clinton's second term.

I still have vivid memories of going with my dad to fill up his Lincoln Continental at our small town Oregon gas station for sub-90c a gallon during this time.

I remember breaking $1.00/gal felt like a big deal

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
9/11 was a big deal in the Midwest cause gas hit $2/gal for a week.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I remember a joke about high gas prices in a MST3K episode. The highest price on screen was $1.55/gal.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
isnt there supposed to be cheap gas during covid lockdown? ive been commuting the whole time and i havent seen anything under $3 yet

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

god he really has just always been 300 pounds of poo poo in a 250 pound sack hasn't he

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Raluek posted:

isnt there supposed to be cheap gas during covid lockdown? ive been commuting the whole time and i havent seen anything under $3 yet

I bought petrol early in April for 89c per litre, which is a price I last saw in 1999.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Data Graham posted:

Yeah except then I found

Trump can drive a manual. Didn't see that coming.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Am I the only one who finds it weird that driving a manual is a special skill only a few have in America? Here it's weird if you can't drive a manual.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

The US domestic market has more options for manual vehicles now than Europe. Europe went full SUV/Crossover retard and auto boxes are a factory tick usually. You can't even get a manual 5 series at BMW anymore. Hell the 318d is the last 3 series they offer in manual. On the other side the engine dynamics are so pathetic these days a manual would just feel horrible aniways.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Combat Theory posted:

The US domestic market has more options for manual vehicles now than Europe. Europe went full SUV/Crossover retard. You can't even get a manual 5 series at BMW anymore. Hell the 318d is the last 3 series they offer in manual.

I'm going to need to see your citations because we have a poo poo load of car manufacturers and unless they sell only hybrids most cars are available as manuals with auto as an extra price option.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Combat Theory posted:

The US domestic market has more options for manual vehicles now than Europe. Europe went full SUV/Crossover retard and auto boxes are a factory tick usually. You can't even get a manual 5 series at BMW anymore. Hell the 318d is the last 3 series they offer in manual. On the other side the engine dynamics are so pathetic these days a manual would just feel horrible aniways.

It's nothing to do with that, it's more to do with, at least in this country, when you learn to drive you generally have to specify you want to learn on an auto, or you just learn a manual by default.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

"we" have 3 manufacturers left that offer significant chunks of their fleet in manual, that's VW, Opel and Ford. Bmw Daimler and Audi are full automatic except for one or 2 models. New Porsche 911 is also the first one thst doesn't offer a manual in Europe anymore (unless you pay for the unobtainium GT versions)
Or said otherwise, you get your econo 3 cylinder vacuum cleaner with a manual because price. The moment you look at something remotely interesting it has an automatic in it. On the other hand you could still get a manual BMW M5 in the US and Canada few years ago which you could not in Europe since the E39.

Believe me when I say I wished Europe was still the fortress of manual transmissions and well made smaller cars that it was 20 years ago but we are not. You get generic poo poo box SUVs because that's what sells here now and if you take off the badges you can't even tell if you sit in a BMW, Daimler or Audi. They all feel equally worthless to drive and they will all be equally worthless in a few years but that's what people want here right now.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Oct 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

There's still a lot of good small cars available. I generally avoid VAG and German Premium stuff, so not familiar with them too much, but the new Clio, Yaris or i20 are pretty nice. So far we still have a choice between them and z-axis stretched variants.