Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Iron Warriors Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour (GW/conversion) for September October!

Edit: Looks like I was confused about which month we are in...

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Electric Hobo posted:

Second place, 2 points: Ugleb

Ta muchly!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I, TotalHell, Oath a Republic BARC Speeder for September!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition! Three (pointlessly oversized) status from Super Fantasy Brawl by Mythic.

"Oh! I'll knock these out in no time", she said. "Maybe I should try a marble effect" - famous last words.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for October 2020:

4 Ghostbusters and ghost from Crooked Dice, 28mm
2 Astrodroids from Space Whale Designs on Shapeways, 28mm

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: August Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  TotalHell

Some terrific weapon-swap work on this 'jack, and a soothing cool color scheme brightened up by well-highlighted metallics.

Second Place, 2 points:  with a rebel yell she QQd

This guy looks like he belongs in Darkest Dungeon. Excellent contrast despite a muted color scheme, with deep blacks and some really eye-catching edge highlighting.

First Place, 3 points:  ape!!!

All these pieces are so grungy, yet so bright and vibrantly colored. Clean lines on the cars, excellent crap all over the dumpsters, and the survivors have a great sense of active movement to the art style. Nice work!

Bonus Point:  Galaspar

You've captured an overall feeling of grittiness, really apropos for a Death Guard guy. The chaotic (ha!) color scheme is just a tad on the busy side, but still draws the eye to the face. Really nice sense of Blanchitsu with this one.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath 3 Skeleton Dudes for October

Got these out of a 'parts bin' at a local shop, labeled 'RMI', pretty sure these are Reaper minis. Anyhow:

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Second Place, 2 points:  with a rebel yell she QQd

Thank you guys! I'm honored!

Also Oath complete!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of October, these 7 scrap barriers, 3d print files from Printable Scenery and physically off my brother's printer.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath addition! I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Mordheim Possessed magister (GW) for October!

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 9, 2020

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I, ape!!!, oath these 4 Gaslands bikers (Misc. thingiverse) and two warriors (Colossal Minis) for October. These were 3D printed by me. I hope to cover up the printing issues on the bikes via basing.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Snapped this picture the other day and didn't have a chance to upload it until today.

Oath Addition for October: 2 Bladeguard Veterans, 1 Bladeguard Ancient, 1 Primaris Intercessor, and 1 Outrider from GW.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Oh heck, why not.

Oath Addition for October part two: 3 Necron Warriors from GW.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Gonna try to finish a unit for the first time in 6 years. Hopefully this motivates me!

I, Koopa Kid, oath 5 Assault Intercessors (GW) for October

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Koopa Kid posted:

Gonna try to finish a unit for the first time in 6 years. Hopefully this motivates me!

I, Koopa Kid, oath 5 Assault Intercessors (GW) for October

Duct Tape posted:

Oh heck, why not.

Duct Tape posted:

Snapped this picture the other day and didn't have a chance to upload it until today.

Oath Addition for October: 2 Bladeguard Veterans, 1 Bladeguard Ancient, 1 Primaris Intercessor, and 1 Outrider from GW.

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!!, oath these 4 Gaslands bikers (Misc. thingiverse) and two warriors (Colossal Minis) for October. These were 3D printed by me. I hope to cover up the printing issues on the bikes via basing.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Oath addition! I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Mordheim Possessed magister (GW) for October!

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of October, these 7 scrap barriers, 3d print files from Printable Scenery and physically off my brother's printer.

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 3 Skeleton Dudes for October

Got these out of a 'parts bin' at a local shop, labeled 'RMI', pretty sure these are Reaper minis. Anyhow:

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for October 2020:

4 Ghostbusters and ghost from Crooked Dice, 28mm
2 Astrodroids from Space Whale Designs on Shapeways, 28mm

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition! Three (pointlessly oversized) status from Super Fantasy Brawl by Mythic.

"Oh! I'll knock these out in no time", she said. "Maybe I should try a marble effect" - famous last words.

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, Oath a Republic BARC Speeder for September!

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Iron Warriors Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour (GW/conversion) for September October!

Edit: Looks like I was confused about which month we are in...

Galaspar posted:

For October I. Galaspar, oath a classic Psyker by GW

blue collar orc posted:

I, blue collar orc, oath for October these Citadel grave guard and Loot Studios shadows.

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath of October One Strix Knight from The Deck of Many.
28mm-ish, but very brave.

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for October 5 Skaven from Punga Miniatures.

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath 1 Reaper miniature Bones Frost Giant Warrior for October

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for October:

One ORC w/ Multirifle, Corvus Belli, 28mm.

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

These rusty trashbots have clearly been left out in a rainy scrapyard for longer than is wise!

Who you gonna call?

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

OathS complete!

Edit:

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 14, 2020

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Don't forget to put all your October completions in one post for the spreadsheet :)

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath Complete

Claiming the monthly "Under the Weather" challenge since I weathered the speeder pretty heavily.

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

Oath Complete!

Claiming "under the weather" for rust and corroded copper (on the skeletons) and dirty robes (on all of them)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

September's gallery is now up, double check I haven't missed your pictures! https://imgur.com/a/jeOey7v

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Last chance to submit/request an Oath thread gang tag!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944018

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete

Claiming Under the Weather for hopefully obvious reasons!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

My job is absolutely kicking my rear end this month, I haven't put brush to miniature yet. Really hoping I can pull out some sort of miracle, but this might be the month I fail. :( Really glad to see other people pulling through though, it's motivation to try and figure out the time!

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain

Ashcans posted:

My job is absolutely kicking my rear end this month, I haven't put brush to miniature yet. Really hoping I can pull out some sort of miracle, but this might be the month I fail. :( Really glad to see other people pulling through though, it's motivation to try and figure out the time!

I feel that. I ended up sick the first week of October, but the last two weeks I've been painting like a possessed person and am SO close to done, it might be at the bell but I think I'll manage to complete, and I'm sure you can too!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Oath Complete!

Claiming October: Under the Weather for the muzzle burn on the rifle.

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Oath Complete

My goal was to paint the same model twice but do one radically different. I was trying to go for a Frazetta inspired color scheme for the one on the left. Shadows look wonky from the back straight on but if you hold it from a good view point, it looks cool.

Claiming October: Under the Weather for the dirt and mud on the bikes. Sinking the tires into the mud was a good way to hid the failures of the 3d print.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for October 5 Skaven from Punga Miniatures.

Duct Tape posted:

Duct Tape posted:

Oh heck, why not.

Oath(s) Complete!

Claiming Under the weather for rusty Necrons and aged, beaten up armor on the Space Marines.

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain
Oath complete!

Edit: Claiming the manual achievement Take one for the team

Refind Chaos fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 31, 2020

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
October Oath Complete!

3 Skeleton Dudes say happy halloween!!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Well work kicked my butt this month but I tried my rear end off the last couple days to get these guys done and while they're sloppier than I'd like I'm still calling it Oath Complete. I'm also gonna claim Take One for the Team if I can.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Much more productive than previous months. The Knight was some of the most fun I've had painting this year;

Claiming Under the Weather for the weathering on the statues;

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

For Under the Weather there's heavy wear and weathering on his coat.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

October is over!

Onwards to

quote:

November: Can't see me - Use camouflage on your model, or some other way of hiding them like an invisibility cloak or a handy cardboard box.

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain
I, Refind Chaos, Oath this Black Dragon (Wizkids Nolzur`s Marvelous Miniature 28mm scale) for November!

Edit: Not sure why the image isn't showing up... Fixed it by using a new link

Refind Chaos fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 1, 2020

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The spreadsheet is now up to date through October, please have a double check I've not missed anything! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DxpBUvOxMz9J_gzmw7Z_H9ar7Ja70LvuqhhhWMSAG2k/edit#gid=19

Refind Chaos posted:

I, Refind Chaos, Oath this Black Dragon (Wizkids Nolzur`s Marvelous Miniature 28mm scale) for November!

Edit: Not sure why the image isn't showing up... Fixed it by using a new link

Approved!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: September Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  Galaspar

The WIP shots on the ganger were very informative, but the level of detail on all your pieces is just damned impressive. Some really eye-catching color choices and terrific contrast.

Second Place, 2 points:  Duct Tape

You've captured the Halloween theme (technically early), but the bright focal points on these figures are very well-executed. Plus that marble armour on the space barbie!

First Place, 3 points:  LazyAngel

I really appreciated the WIP pics, and the bright/drab color scheme is delightfully subtle, but the level of skill required to pull off that sky-ground chrome effect on the mirrorshades puts this one over the top.

Bonus Point:  with a rebel yell she QQd

Okay, these dudes are adorable. :skeltal:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Still super busy, so only one comment for this: I like your painted models!

:kingsley:September judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: with a rebel yell she QQd

Second place, 2 points: LazyAngel

First place, 3 points: Duct Tape

Bonus, 1 point: Galaspar

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points:  LazyAngel

I really appreciated the WIP pics, and the bright/drab color scheme is delightfully subtle, but the level of skill required to pull off that sky-ground chrome effect on the mirrorshades puts this one over the top.

Electric Hobo posted:

Second place, 2 points: LazyAngel

Thanks! Was fun to paint in a kind of 'sit down and just slap paint on', unplanned kind of way. I will admit the mirrorshades weren't that hard - they're pretty big compared to the rest of the model - but I'm glad they came through given the terrible photo quality :-P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath Tanith the Feral Song and a Druid Gone Wilder for the month of November!

It’s finally time to paint this one pin-up style model. I feel like it’s pretty tastefully done, so I hope I’m able to do it justice.