Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!

Grraarrgghh posted:

He is friends with, regularly interacts on Twitter with, and has done podcasts with Ian Miles Cheong. If he's not full chud, he is extremely chud-adjacent.

As someone that used to really like his poo poo, this was a very saddening blow when other goons brought it to my attention.

Wow, I did not know that. I thought Yahtzee has alright based on stuff he's said about Trump and his opinions on military shooters, but I didn't pay much attention to anything he did outside of ZP, to be honest. Should have figured he was poo poo since he stayed on at The Escapist after Jim Sterling and bunch of other people left. Nobody should be doing anything with Ian Miles Cheong other than telling him to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Grraarrgghh posted:

He is friends with, regularly interacts on Twitter with, and has done podcasts with Ian Miles Cheong. If he's not full chud, he is extremely chud-adjacent.

As someone that used to really like his poo poo, this was a very saddening blow when other goons brought it to my attention.

That's surprising considering how consistently he has shat on the right in his videos. You could take any CoD video and find at least a paragraph about the lovely politics in those games. Even in the last one which barely features CoD because he praised Disco Elysium for most of it instead.

It's disappointing, too…welp.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

That drew a verbal "holy gently caress" out of me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"against my best wishes, I have been shot" is a loving amazing line.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Yeah same here. Wow, his ex wife is really not going out of her way to look good there...

Anyway, one of the funniest government gently caress ups lately here in blighty was an attempt to release a guide for people wanting to retrain. However, the questions are ridiculous and the answers are bizarre. Here's one my friend got...

My top suggestion was the following,a field I have zero interest or knowledge about :

Whereas my other half, with a background in chemistry and computing, had the suggestion of nail technician.

Unrelated, here's a wild terf. Public Post and everything.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Grraarrgghh posted:

Aw man :( I had no idea it was that dire.

sugar mouse posted:

Yeah same here. Wow, his ex wife is really not going out of her way to look good there...

Anyway, one of the funniest government gently caress ups lately here in blighty was an attempt to release a guide for people wanting to retrain. However, the questions are ridiculous and the answers are bizarre. Here's one my friend got...

My top suggestion was the following,a field I have zero interest or knowledge about :

Whereas my other half, with a background in chemistry and computing, had the suggestion of nail technician.

That reminds me of a career quiz one of my classes took in high school, where if you said you had interest in any kind of creative work, it suggested you should be a milliner.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

My redhead friend took one of those quizzes and it said she should be a crossing guard and by god did she go for it.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My redhead friend took one of those quizzes and it said she should be a crossing guard and by god did she go for it.

They do extensive background checks for crossing guards. Hopefully your friend wasn’t married to a felon or anything like that.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Idiots on social media: Against my best wishes I have been shot

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

sugar mouse posted:

I've seen elsewhere on these forums - perhaps in PYF Tweets or Funny Pictures? - an example of this where someone had been suggested the lucrative career of medical cadaver.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I did that poo poo in high school too. It suggested I go to school to learn how to be an X-ray Technician then suggested I become a Lawn Mower Mechanic as a career.

I hope my parents didn't pay anything for it.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

Idiots on social media: Against my best wishes I have been shot

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://twitter.com/MichaelSchuman/status/1317714527190802432

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There's maybe a good point buried in there but holy hell what a stupid way to express it.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

ultrafilter posted:

There's maybe a good point buried in there but holy hell what a stupid way to express it.

Conversely, it’s a good way of expressing a really stupid point.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

ultrafilter posted:

There really isn't. It's just "I, a white man, am explaining the MySteroIUS EASt"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Vandar posted:

I watched...pretty much all the big internet reviewers/critics between 2008-2012ish, and that awful metaplot bullshit is what finally made me realize how awful most of them were/are.

No one cares about you dressing up as a Power Ranger to fight your evil clone from the future or whatever! Just make with the jokes and tell me why the comic book is bad, dammit! :argh:
Any reviewer, critic, etc who does those dumb skits makes me close the video almost immediately. They're not why I clicked, but I'd be willing to be pleasantly surprised if they were literally ever funny.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
China is honestly pretty similar to the USA these days, they're both nuclear-armed imperialist capitalist police states who use their financial and military might to bully other nations into doing what they want. But somehow a bunch of people seem to think they're profoundly different and nothing alike.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

I've seen elsewhere on these forums - perhaps in PYF Tweets or Funny Pictures? - an example of this where someone had been suggested the lucrative career of medical cadaver.

Probably funny pictures, I'm about three years behind on that thread. But yeah, everyone here has been mocking it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

StillFullyTerrible posted:

China is honestly pretty similar to the USA these days, they're both nuclear-armed imperialist capitalist police states who use their financial and military might to bully other nations into doing what they want. But somehow a bunch of people seem to think they're profoundly different and nothing alike.

it's honestly even more bizarre because even when they were communist China was, at best, an extremely imperfect example

like, the Cultural Revolution is roughly on the same tier of "horrifying poo poo that humanity should never, ever repeat" as the Holocaust and the Cambodian killing fields. there are non-terrible ideas in Mao's theory but his practice of those ideas is something that needs to go in the dustbin of history

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

so long as we get to keep the stuff about landlords

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Vib Rib posted:

Any reviewer, critic, etc who does those dumb skits makes me close the video almost immediately. They're not why I clicked, but I'd be willing to be pleasantly surprised if they were literally ever funny.

The only reviewer from that era I still keep up with is Todd in the Shadows. He's also never done that kind of skit or plot or whatever.

Definitely not any kind of coincidence, no sir.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

If what he means by that is “People will willfully misunderstand history if the alternative is presented entertainingly,” maybe.

Here’s my scorching hot take: the governments of China, the United States, and several other large and powerful countries are very bad.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

it's honestly even more bizarre because even when they were communist China was, at best, an extremely imperfect example

like, the Cultural Revolution is roughly on the same tier of "horrifying poo poo that humanity should never, ever repeat" as the Holocaust and the Cambodian killing fields. there are non-terrible ideas in Mao's theory but his practice of those ideas is something that needs to go in the dustbin of history

There's a whole bunch of people who still think that China is communist, because... China says it is, I guess.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Big fans of the DPRK no doubt too.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Nah.

The sparrows deserved it.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

BrigadierSensible posted:

Nah.

The sparrows deserved it.

They are "public animals of Capitalism" after all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

"against my best wishes, I have been shot" is a loving amazing line.

Once upon a time I think you were automatically given British citizenship for understatement like that.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

For those who sadly missed the newest bone collector saga

https://twitter.com/CurseHole/status/1317869094901829632?s=19

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
My 'I'm not purchasing a human skull' tweet has a lot of people asking questions already answered by my tweet.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

They having a reasoned discussions about the proper ways to implement NAGPRA while still allowing archaeological progress I hope? Not something much more sinister?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Beyond the racism, there's a huge difference between saying "I've never bought a human skull" and "I never said I bought a human skull."

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

They're literally not saying they aren't buying a human skull. They're saying that they are not buying a skull from India nor are they buying any skulls without going through the proper legal channels and paperwork.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Skwirl posted:

Beyond the racism, there's a huge difference between saying "I've never bought a human skull" and "I never said I bought a human skull."

Oh hey that’s one of those sentences that changes meaning depending on where you place the emphasis:

I never SAID I bought a human skull

I never said I BOUGHT a human skull

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Thump! posted:

Oh hey that’s one of those sentences that changes meaning depending on where you place the emphasis:

I never SAID I bought a human skull

I never said I BOUGHT a human skull

I never said I bought a human SKULL

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Why are they going through all the trouble of illegal skull trade when SkullsUnlimited.com is like right there?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You already have a skull why do you need another one, are you some kind of skull capitalist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

OwlFancier posted:

You already have a skull why do you need another one, are you some kind of skull capitalist?

There's a videogame (Legend of Grimrock) where certain characters get a stat boost for each skull they have in their inventory, maybe it's that?