Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lucky was the only good thing tom petty did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Who the hell dislikes the chillest bro Tom Petty?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Who the hell dislikes the chillest bro Tom Petty?

I think his music is boring.

Seriously, there's never anything exciting or different about a Tom Petty song.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I think he at least did one good song, American Girl (aside from the weird breakdown that stops the tempo completely).

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Wasn't there some episode where Hank goes to some random haunted house that actually turns out to be this sort of "accept jesus" thing? I swear to god I remember that and wanted to rewatch it but googling is not helping me at all.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

reignonyourparade posted:

Wasn't there some episode where Hank goes to some random haunted house that actually turns out to be this sort of "accept jesus" thing? I swear to god I remember that and wanted to rewatch it but googling is not helping me at all.

Hilloween: Luanne falls in with a crazy church lady that gets Halloween banned because she ran over her own cat and it's the fault of satanists. Episode culminates with Bobby in crazy church lady's "Hallelujah House"

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Trick or treat

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

straw-liberal bureaucrat anthony page is the worst character

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Trick. Or. Treat.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Hilloween: Luanne falls in with a crazy church lady that gets Halloween banned because she ran over her own cat and it's the fault of satanists. Episode culminates with Bobby in crazy church lady's "Hallelujah House"

WHERE'S GRANDPA?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think his music is boring.

Seriously, there's never anything exciting or different about a Tom Petty song.

Whoa, so sorry he doesn't play a guitar with a dead cat, or goes WUBWUBWUBWUB then drops that bass, or whatever the hell you expect

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I love tom petty and his bad music

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Johnny Aztec posted:

Whoa, so sorry he doesn't play a guitar with a piece of cheese, or goes WUBWUBWUBWUB then drops that bass, or whatever the hell you expect

ftfy

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Tom Petty and the heartbreakers was chill music.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
IF you don't like tom petty perhaps you mean john mellencamp

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Who is Tom Petty?

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

xtal posted:

Who is Tom Petty?

Upbeat Neil Young doing a Bob Dylan impersonation

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Johnny Aztec posted:

Whoa, so sorry he doesn't play a guitar with a dead cat, or goes WUBWUBWUBWUB then drops that bass, or whatever the hell you expect

I also don't need any of that. I'm not saying. I'm into super weird music, but my god Petty's stuff just feels so lifeless. Fast or slow, I just can't bring myself to give a poo poo about anything he's playing or singing about.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
flirting with the master is a great peggy episode

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Dang ol' BOO, man.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

You're a regular HALLOWEEN HELLRAISER, just like your old man!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I like the song wherein Tom Petty is freeballing, it's very dril.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just noticed in the episode where they go on vacation down in Mexico the big pasta guy they try to blow up is at a restaurant called "Que Pasta"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

I got a new grill today. I want to figure out a way to knock off the nexgrill and put on "Vogner Charking Imperial"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

reignonyourparade posted:

This was a Halloween episode and it was the last "new" episode I ever saw of the show. Somehow I had always missed it, but it came on one night just as I was about to leave for a long drive and I had to watch it.

I know it's not a great episode, but it made me totally think of the end of series khan manic depressive episode when he goes "I just realized I will never hear another new huey lewis song" and it was a big feel

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Ches Neckbeard posted:

"SATAN BE GONE!"

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

n/m

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

King Possum III posted:

"SATAN BE GONE!"
"Get out of my house. Exodus."

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mr. Fix It posted:

straw-liberal bureaucrat anthony page is the worst character

You mean Twig Boy?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

MightyJoe36 posted:

You mean Twig Boy?
yes, he's terrible and not just because he's written to be that way
https://i.imgur.com/Yn0YOSQ.mp4

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I also don't need any of that. I'm not saying. I'm into super weird music, but my god Petty's stuff just feels so lifeless. Fast or slow, I just can't bring myself to give a poo poo about anything he's playing or singing about.

This is less surprising when you learn his guitar teacher was pre-Eagles Don Felder

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I could smoke those arms

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

thanks for the latte kenneth

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tom Petty wrote "you got it" by Roy Orbison so he's got that going for him

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Nobody’s gonna denigrate the name of Muddy Wilbury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaWDTPhIq0I

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i like tom petty and i dont hate lucky and im gonna take the shade off my boy by saying Enrique is the worst character

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The Enrique episode is not great because he's not a really strong character and it was too much but I don't mind him as a side character at Strickland Propane. Also gently caress my phone for not having Propane as an auto complete option after Strickland.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Octavio is Enrique fully realized

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Enrique is a bad focus character but he can be fun doing side work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How's your gambling problem, Joe Jack?