Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

CEO PARKER :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

The Wings got nothing :(

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

elections at this time, but some things might have malfunctioned so hold on

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Jazz Hands got nothing too :(

(except Wyatt Pothos off the Pod drop)

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yeah I think we're gonna have redo of the election.

The new bad guy (COIN I guess) says theres gonna be a grand siesta season 11. Maybe thats gonna be moved up

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Guess I'm a Lift now!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I am so angry the Tigers got Fireproof that's our thing dammit.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
The Tacos have gained +10% in offense to a team that was 1st in its division hitting wise and is getting rid of the fourth base. Yet, our pitching staff is Peanut Bong and Sexton Wheerer. Taco Games will never end

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Fridays didn't get a shelled player, and York Silk is a Moist Talker now (which makes their lineup just absurd btw)... but holy crap we got Nagomi McDaniel :staredog:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Tekopo posted:

Guess I'm a Lift now!

same

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
The lift will be a bad team but top tier in names

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

He's bad but Coolname will always be in my heart.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

InnercityGriot posted:

The Tacos have gained +10% in offense to a team that was 1st in its division hitting wise and is getting rid of the fourth base. Yet, our pitching staff is Peanut Bong and Sexton Wheerer. Taco Games will never end

4th Ball not 4th Base. They walk on 3 balls but still have to travel all 3 bases + home plate like normal.

The good news is that Black Hole will make the other team lose too

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’m sorry, Garages, you’ve been great.

But I can’t turn down an ILB team in my backyard.

Time to get swole. Come on you Lift.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I joined the Wild Wings.

So you think the crab voters are getting their votes back? I haven't gotten mine back yet.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

4th Ball not 4th Base. They walk on 3 balls but still have to travel all 3 bases + home plate like normal.

The good news is that Black Hole will make the other team lose too

I meant this previous season they had to play with four bases on offense, really held their scoring down. Now, they're back to normal, along with getting 3 pitch walks.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Discord Philly Pie chat is like: god drat it we do good enough to get hosed by bloodrain and make the playoffs, but not good enough to get anywhere in playoffs, and we get nothing inbetween seasons

and all the philly actual sports fans are like: welcome to Philadelphia!

It still boggles me how seriously some people take this. I agree it sucks to not get any blessings and have bad stuff happen to us (people are real mad we didn't get JT/Peanut Halloway? back, and also got nobody), but like JT was never gonna stick around we were just lucky to dodge all the blessings that would have targeted her. And at least we have 2 in the bag, other teams really really have had nothing.

also:
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/12/world/star-spaghettification-black-hole-death-scn-trnd/index.html

blaseball universe is only 215 million light years and one week away

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Fellis posted:

Discord Philly Pie chat is like: god drat it we do good enough to get hosed by bloodrain and make the playoffs, but not good enough to get anywhere in playoffs, and we get nothing inbetween seasons

and all the philly actual sports fans are like: welcome to Philadelphia!

It still boggles me how seriously some people take this. I agree it sucks to not get any blessings and have bad stuff happen to us (people are real mad we didn't get JT/Peanut Halloway? back, and also got nobody), but like JT was never gonna stick around we were just lucky to dodge all the blessings that would have targeted her. And at least we have 2 in the bag, other teams really really have had nothing.

also:
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/12/world/star-spaghettification-black-hole-death-scn-trnd/index.html

blaseball universe is only 215 million light years and one week away

FWIW, we've been seeing Pies fans amongst the Crabs refugees shopping for new teams because other Pies fans are just so negative on Discord.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

FWIW, we've been seeing Pies fans amongst the Crabs refugees shopping for new teams because other Pies fans are just so negative on Discord.

Well, one good thing I can say about the Wings is that the community is pretty gracious in our badness.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I have switched my allegiance to Unlimited Tacos, I know nothing about any intricate fandom plans I just like the idea of a lot of tacos.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Average Lettuce posted:

Well, one good thing I can say about the Wings is that the community is pretty gracious in our badness.

Yeah, most fans of most teams are pretty chill when things aren't going their way and I'm grateful for it. I love being a Lovers fan, we're not bad but we're not amazing either but still do stuff like mass fluting over to the Magic to help them secure a blessing

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Oh hey fellow Pie Fans! Yeah, I basically completely bounced off of the Discord as the base grew and there were just more and more people taking it way too seriously. I still check the weekly voting spreads and say hi sometimes but I hope we ascend sometime soon so I can move on. It's fine to have an "ah poo poo" reaction to coordinating everyone's voting efforts only to get nothing, but people hold onto that for the entire week and still can't get over Jessica Telephone. I also think a lot of Pies fans forget avoiding bad things during the election is a positive too.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The shoe thieves are pretty nice and friendly if you’re feeling abandoned. I did briefly leave them when the lift appeared, but went back because everyone is so friendly and chill and happy when our team does good or bad. We basically lost zero fans when we got cursed.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Moist Talkers picked up a few people last week, not sure if it was people new to blaseball or just piling on because we were leading the league for a while, but they haven't caused trouble so no complaints here.

Our discord is real chill because nobody really takes things seriously and those that do don't last long. If the team is doing well we cheer for them, and the seasons where they're not doing well we just get up to antics.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

My sympathies to Crabs fans... At least they went out with a bang tho.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I feel like someone is watching me...

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The lineup for the Lift is quite bad but the fan culture is pretty cool so I'm looking forward to how the season progresses. Nowhere to lift but up!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Blaseball has taken the sabermetric idea of 10 runs = 1 win and made it literal.

whoa this has some weird implications for betting

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Tacos and Sunbeams get the first winloss of the season. With both those teams offenses, you're probably going to see a lot of those

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

In other news:

https://twitter.com/lucaswazowski/status/1318229951238209537

...what?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I see. So wherever the Crabs are, they’re still playing.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

The Telescope is under bulletin, in case anyone wants to keep an eye on it!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

tinstaach posted:

Blaseball has taken the sabermetric idea of 10 runs = 1 win and made it literal.

whoa this has some weird implications for betting

I'm interested to see what happens when 10 runs are scored with "Black Hole" weather. Right now I think both examples were "Sun 2".

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Its really funny that all of the "anti weather" blessings do nothing this season

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm interested to see what happens when 10 runs are scored with "Black Hole" weather. Right now I think both examples were "Sun 2".

It happened, the opposing team lost a Win from their record.

Tacos have fired off in both of their games already but they're 1-2 now lmao. They played the Flowers both games who are currently 1-0.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Excited for the Crabs to have ascended (joined them mostly just because of physical proximity) but now that they're not in the ILB, I'm with the Firefighters (because of the Chiclawgo alliance).

If the Slagheaps ever come out of the underleagues, I'd probably join there, but whatever; I'm mostly just here to see the madness unfold. The discord just has so much going on, and I don't like it. As an aging millennial (thought about supporting the Millennials, actually), I just like slow, chill message boards.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Tacos in line for the first ever doublewin, they had 10 runs swallowed by the sun and just hit a homer to go up 4-1 in the 8th!

e: Yes! Their record through 3 games is now 3-2

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 19, 2020

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

FYI - If the Eyes bother you, do a Control-F5/refresh to clear out the cache and they'll go away. They've been removed for now (and good, they were freaking me out).

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Blackhole is incredibly funny

quote:

The underdog Shoe Thieves won the game.
The Magic were shamed!
The Black Hole swallowed a Win from the Shoe Thieves!

Score 2-1 thieves win

current record
Magic 0-3
Theives 2-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I'm sticking with Pies just cause philly team loyalty go birds but also i don't engage in discord whatsoever except to see what i should be voting on. And even then I just vote on what I want :shrug: