Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lawman 0 posted:

Decided that I need to give special edition a shot since I never bothered with it.
What's a good modlist for a fresh playthrough these days?

The one drive through salad bar just posted looks nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I recommend Living Skyrim 2 to everyone.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jesus christ I forgot how awful modding skyrim is.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Lawman 0 posted:

Just do some smaller stuff, like all of EnaiSions poo poo and Legacy of the Dragonborn v5. Flavor to taste with texture packs.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

You don't like going "oh, this mod looks interesting" and see that it has several requirements, 2 of them have really particular install requirements more complicated then "load in mod organizer" and another one that itself has like 4 more requirements?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

You're not modding a game, modding is the game. :colbert:

On a different subject, I'm part of a group that's porting and revamping almost all of TrainWizs mods for special edition, and almost all of us have gotten PTSD* from it. :shepicide:

*Post TrainWiz Script Disorder.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Took clockwork for a spin and ho boy that took a while to finish.
Cool house though honestly

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Took clockwork for a spin and ho boy that took a while to finish.
Cool house though honestly

Yeah, I like Clockwork as a story and as a house but I had no desire to actually live there after all that.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

docbeard posted:

Yeah, I like Clockwork as a story and as a house but I had no desire to actually live there after all that.

Why not it's free nigh infinite dwarven ingots. While also having probably one of the best loot sorting systems I've seen?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm gonna start the forgotten city next I think.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Agents are GO! posted:

On a different subject, I'm part of a group that's porting and revamping almost all of TrainWizs mods for special edition, and almost all of us have gotten PTSD* from it. :shepicide:

oh man thank you because TrainWiz is great

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Lawman 0 posted:

I'm gonna start the forgotten city next I think.

if you're going through quest mods just to try them, i'd suggest The Final Cataclysm. it's... weird and honestly kind of a slog sometimes, but it's made with love. there aren't NPCs or much of a "quest" outside of a general mission objective so it's kinda lonely. that loneliness mixed with the odd music choice though (from some ps1 japanese arpg) works in a weird moody way.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

MrMojok posted:

What is the advantage you guys see, using NMM or anything else to mod Skrim SE?

I’m not being flippant, I just don’t understand. I probably have 30-35 mods running in SE, and for each one I downloaded manually from Nexus, and put the .zip contents into the Skyrim data folder or the data/meshes or textures folders myself. It doesn’t take long to do, and the few times I’ve screwed my game up I just removed the mod that caused the issue from the load order.

Are the mod managers for SE easier somehow?

Two years later, I finally completely removed the game, reinstalled, got SKSE and SkyUI working, and I'm using Mod Organizer2.

I can't believe I waited this long to do it. It's glorious.

Anyway, I'm starting a werewolf playthrough now, using Moonlight Tales. Since I'm virtually an outcast from society, I was interested in a mod that would make my human form susceptible to the cold. Maybe something where I can make a campsite and a fire, but prolonged exposure to cold/elements is bad.

What would be best for that?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Frostfall works fine for that. Different regions have different temperatures, fluctuating during day/night and weather. Add in Campfire to make tents / fires, etc.

I think it has an option to make vampires and werewolves ignore heat.

If you want to go hard survivalist, you can add in a food/drink mod, like Realistic Needs or iNeed. I use Realistic Needs, and add Hunterborn as well to add a bit to the hunting / skinning / eating game.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 20, 2020

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I like this mod, it makes the world of Skyrim a slightly better place.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

i'm having trouble getting this Simple Lock-on thing to work. the mod description lists console commands, but the console commands don't seem to work. it also mentions an ini file, but i'm not sure i edited it correctly. any help would be appreciated!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I couldn't get it to work either. Nor the floating healthbar mod.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
That lockon mod requires SKSE 2.0.7 which isn't compatible with the latest versions of Skyrim SE. It looks like it's 2.5 years behind.

If you're running current Skyrim, and current SKSE, it's not going to work.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Install that outdated version then overwrite it with the updated files here: https://github.com/NasiRawon/SimpleLockOn/releases

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

:toot: thank you! i got it to work!

Boba Pearl posted:

I couldn't get it to work either. Nor the floating healthbar mod.

i don't know what's up with your floating healthbars though. it doesn't look like it has any required mods. did you activate the esp?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I imagine it's one of my 872 mods, or one of the 362 ESPs

Probably iHud loving something up.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Running more than 250 esps will gently caress things up, yes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Pussy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ESL flags, baby. Also don't manually try to ESL flag things unless you know what you're doing, I accidentally ripped an otherwise functional save file apart that way.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Goonspeed, you brave and crazy modder.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Is there a configurable enemy extra spawn mod for SE?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Immersive Creatures does a pretty good job with extra spawns in my experience. Organized Bandits of Skyrim has some extra spawn features too if you want to use it. (I like it fine, some people really hate it though.)

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've tried OBIS a few times and for the most part I like the bandit variety, but some of the spawns were completely ridiculous. I mostly remember it spawning skeevers that were basically unkillable death gods.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I've tried OBIS a few times and for the most part I like the bandit variety, but some of the spawns were completely ridiculous. I mostly remember it spawning skeevers that were basically unkillable death gods.

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

I think ASIS has been ported to SE, but I haven't used Asis since oldrim. I recommend Warzones.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Anyone happen to know a mod that turns the Elder Scroll into a melee weapon, like a hammer? I just got started on replaying Dawnguard and the idea struck me to hand Serana a priceless ancient artefact to smash fools in the head w/.

Searching for mods specifically involving the Elder Scroll only give me results where it's either home decoration or at best a spellcasting staff.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

davidspackage posted:

Anyone happen to know a mod that turns the Elder Scroll into a melee weapon, like a hammer? I just got started on replaying Dawnguard and the idea struck me to hand Serana a priceless ancient artefact to smash fools in the head w/.

Searching for mods specifically involving the Elder Scroll only give me results where it's either home decoration or at best a spellcasting staff.

If you know what you’re doing in xEdit well enough, I think you can turn like any model into a weapon by replacing its original model with any other model. No idea how stable it would be or if it would actually show up, but it might be worth looking into. It would be funny as hell if it actually worked too.

E: You might need to edit the Elder Scroll mesh a bit too to have it have the bones of a weapon too. I dunno.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Took deadly dragons for a spin and good god I got my rear end kicked.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
This guy has some pretty good mods.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Those are good mods

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Imo

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

ded posted:

This guy has some pretty good mods.

When I first saw the user name I was expecting a voice replace turning "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" into "Production belongs to the workers!"

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

EDIT:

I think I got it working at last.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

edit: nvm