Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

IT'S THE BIKINIS THAT SHOULD BE AFRAID OF US!

"My rear end is too mighty for bikinis"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
so I’m wondering if something is up with my hormones. Once in a while and this month seems to be a biggie, I’m getting like PMS after my period. Bloating, crying, weird mood, all after my period. This isn’t the first time but the crying is real strong and apparently it might be a thing but not? I don’t know I just want to cry and cling to my boyfriend.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

For me the strong feelings come and go through out the year. Some months I get nothing, some months I get angry, some months I get sad.

I always get horny though.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Anyone else who struggles with PCOS hair growth kind of relieved that masks cover their chin?

Being a vagina haver is so dumb sometimes

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

sometimes PMS makes me actually suicidal and I do not appreciate that, hormones. It's not that often thankfully, usually it's just days of "why this, why life" depression and then my period starts and I'm like OHHHHHHHHHHHH all the pieces have fallen into place.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

What a stupid reproductive cycle we've evolved.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Ralph Crammed In posted:

What a stupid reproductive cycle we've evolved.

It's great for men. We just get a joystick that shoots web fluid.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Universe Master posted:

It's great for men. We just get a joystick that shoots web fluid.

My wife currently has 7-8 day periods cause of the depo-shot.

It's really not that great

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Skratte posted:

sometimes PMS makes me actually suicidal and I do not appreciate that, hormones. It's not that often thankfully, usually it's just days of "why this, why life" depression and then my period starts and I'm like OHHHHHHHHHHHH all the pieces have fallen into place.

Oh man same. About once a month I have a few-hour chunk where the world is black and hopeless and there is no future and why bother being alive, and then my period comes on and I'm like, *oh*.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

you'd think at some point we'd immediately understand what's happening but no it's always like OH RIGHT in retrospect.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
That's how it is with my wife too. I always know exactly when her period is due because it's like a switch has been flicked and all of a sudden she is really grumpy, irritable and outright mean. I've been enjoying that today, in fact - she woke up in a good mood, and then in the time it took me to have a shower and make some coffee she suddenly hates everyone's guts and is refusing to get out of bed.

She never chalks it up to PMS until after the fact, though.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Uh... Ladies, if your period is making you suicidal, please talk to your doc. There's this thing called PMDD that can really gently caress you up to dangerous levels, mentally, and there's treatment.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skratte posted:

you'd think at some point we'd immediately understand what's happening but no it's always like OH RIGHT in retrospect.

My girlfriend is the first woman I've ever dated who can tell ahead of time when the PMS is coming. It's refreshing to see warning lights before the storm rolls in. Gives me time to get things ready to help her and adjust my expectations.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Zoesdare posted:

Anyone else who struggles with PCOS hair growth kind of relieved that masks cover their chin?

Or hormonal chin acne. I may be having a bad skin day but nobody can tell under here! I don’t have PCOS but I grow thick enough hair on my face that people used to comment on it before I started getting rid of it. I actually love shaving my face though

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I get those horrible chin pimples that are deep and buried and undetectable, but hurt so bad it feels like there's a mean doorknob on my face.

E: but those Thera Healing Sticks totally work if I use one in the first 48 hours of doorknobface.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I have a mug of mint tea every day and it makes my nightmare chin pimples way less murderous BUT I’ll still get one or two “oh gently caress you” bastards

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I really only ever get zits if I'm reading the news too much, because I'll just have my face in my hands the whole time. Also stress acne. So it's a double whammy.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

DicktheCat posted:

Uh... Ladies, if your period is making you suicidal, please talk to your doc. There's this thing called PMDD that can really gently caress you up to dangerous levels, mentally, and there's treatment.

Yeah I'll get right on trying to persuade my doctor to take that seriously. Nah you're right, it's just, uggghh

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

HopperUK posted:

Oh man same. About once a month I have a few-hour chunk where the world is black and hopeless and there is no future and why bother being alive, and then my period comes on and I'm like, *oh*.

I was getting this for a while too! Only weed helped. One time my period was due when we’d be at my in-laws’. I realised 20 min after leaving the house that I’d forgotten to pack any. Had to go back!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zoesdare posted:

Yea. I'm just from a hirsute bloodline, but it is nice to have one less thing to worry about.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Simon Hanselmann’s latest storyline has some choice panels that, frankly, i heavily relate to with this past hell period

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I haven’t been having periods for years because I have a mirena but today I had my mirena replaced so I’m posting to say aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh god please bring me ice cream and wheat bag why am I instantly bleeding did you stab my uterus or what aaaaaaaaaaaa

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Shithouse Dave posted:

I haven’t been having periods for years because I have a mirena but today I had my mirena replaced so I’m posting to say aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh god please bring me ice cream and wheat bag why am I instantly bleeding did you stab my uterus or what aaaaaaaaaaaa

Smoke that poo poo!

If you have CBD (or can get CBD) it will help even more, in my experience. When I got my new Mirena, I was huffing on my CBD vape so hard I felt like I was at Urban Outfitters.

e: This is my third IUD (second Mirena) and it seems that I have as of this month opted out of the blood scourge.
ee: I know he technically isn't, but I'm pretending the skellybones in my av is smoking a joint because then it is the most 100% me thing I ever saw.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

ee: I know he technically isn't, but I'm pretending the skellybones in my av is smoking a joint because then it is the most 100% me thing I ever saw.

I choose to believe

Weed still isn’t legal here in hobbit land but I’ve got some bud and you best believe imma use it

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

I got a notification on my phone today from my period tracking app that said 'hey that extra upswing in your step today is from the estrogen! enjoy!" and I read it when I was so tired I thinking about having a nap instead of doing my workout. Slept fine, not sick, just tired. Apparently my hormones are broken.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

the apps seem to mostly be good for not being like "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" when a doctor asks you when your last period was.

The one I use has a weird anonymous message board that's filled with religious huns, I like to read it and get mad when I'm riding the red wave.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

I use Flo and it's pretty good about figuring out when my period will start, which isn't a hard task because it's pretty regular, but it keeps wanting me to buy the premium version. I cannot think of anything I would want to pay for on an app that's only job is track my cycle and it does that for free.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I use Flo and it's pretty good about figuring out when my period will start, which isn't a hard task because it's pretty regular, but it keeps wanting me to buy the premium version. I cannot think of anything I would want to pay for on an app that's only job is track my cycle and it does that for free.

Real time shedded uterus tracking DLC?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
I never get the kind of stereotypical PMS where you sit on the couch and cry and eat a pint of ice cream every night. PMS makes me irritable and angry and very impatient. It makes me a terrible unpleasant person and I am confessing my sins here.

There was a 70+ year old lady in front of me in the line at Kroger. She’s going over and over oral b toothbrush heads with the cashier who is 18 and doesn't know a drat thing about denture care or soft vs hard vs wtfever. I put on my brightest voice, crinkled my eyes like I was smiling (because masks) and said “Take them all home and experiment!" She turned to me and laughed and said "They are $28 each!” I couldn't resist it and replied, "Well, maybe you should’ve decided before you got in line then!"

Sorry ma'am. I'm usually pretty chill.

e:

DicktheCat posted:

This. This this this. I was on the edge pretty much all the time, now I'm just on the edge one or two days a month for a few hours. Thanks Effexor!

Thora fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 13, 2020

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

Today is day three of my period. The heaviest day. poo poo is like the blood elevator scene from The Shining. I hate this. :negative:

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Just started my period. On day 66. The sense of relief is palpable!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
You know what's gross? Peeing and then having a torrent of blood & clots drain out of you at the same time.

These drat MRI results still haven't come back, unfortunately. I'm...not quite nervous, I just really want to know what the deal is.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Metaline posted:

Just started my period. On day 66. The sense of relief is palpable!

Congrats :j:

Mine has been threatening to start for a while, might be soon. But I’m only on day 35 haha.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I got a notification on my phone today from my period tracking app that said 'hey that extra upswing in your step today is from the estrogen! enjoy!" and I read it when I was so tired I thinking about having a nap instead of doing my workout. Slept fine, not sick, just tired. Apparently my hormones are broken.

A year or so back I started taking a multivitamin + iron tablet and a cod liver oil capsule daily, and I know all the "it does nothing! you piss it all out! it's all a scam!" talk, but it was honestly lifechanging. I went from so tired every day I was napping in the afternoons, to being wide awake and energetic at all normal hours within days. I also stopped getting hangnails! It might have been low iron due to bleeding all the time, but even so. When I stopped taking them for a couple of months I started crashing out again and the hangnails came back.

I just use the cheap ones from the supermarket, not any special brand. Vitamin d is also supposed to help ward against corona, and vitamin e supplements have been shown to help with severe pmdd. I sound like a shill, but for basically no money it was honestly amazing the difference it's made.

I still get super twitchy and irritable and can't concentrate on poo poo the few days before my period, though, hormones kinda suck. Maybe the horniness makes up for it though.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Does anyone else get this feeling on your period where you’re desperately bored and restless and you need to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING, or you’ll go insane, but every possible activity also feels completely unsatisfying and boring so you’re just in a foul mood all day

Basically this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbvO104irKM

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I'm starting to wonder if I need to start asking about PMDD. I'm a few days out and I just had this insane weird adrenaline rush/panic attack thing where I thought for a second I was having a stroke or a heart attack. I'm still insanely tense to a painful extent.I feel l I'm like 80% sure it's a hormone thing, because this is about when weird poo poo starts happening to me. Like why is it just the last couple years my pre-menstrual symptoms are going beyond just basic moodiness and cramps? Pisses me offfff.

I feel like I need to find a new primary care doctor because they don't seem to take my concerns super seriously. Buh.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Yeah I should probably as well. It feels like the older I get the worse my pms symptoms get. I didn't used to have pms stuff at all in my teens and early twenties and it's crept up on me so slowly I barely noticed.

I'm in that tense panic right now. It's like as soon as I get past ovulating my brain is like hey gently caress you pal, I'm going to misfire now. It's not everyday before my period, but it happens enough I've started to notice the pattern.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

My period never showed, just a tiny amount of blood once, so I thought "oh, cool, I am now someone for whom the IUD eliminates periods!"

Then it showed up, twelve days late.

On my tenth goddamn anniversary!

Good thing he's already seen more of me than anyone else could stomach!

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

My period never showed, just a tiny amount of blood once, so I thought "oh, cool, I am now someone for whom the IUD eliminates periods!"

Then it showed up, twelve days late.

On my tenth goddamn anniversary!

Good thing he's already seen more of me than anyone else could stomach!

Nowadays I seduce my husband by going" hey baby I'm only bleeding a little bit, it's the end of my period :wink:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Nettle Soup posted:

A year or so back I started taking a multivitamin + iron tablet and a cod liver oil capsule daily, and I know all the "it does nothing! you piss it all out! it's all a scam!" talk, but it was honestly lifechanging. I went from so tired every day I was napping in the afternoons, to being wide awake and energetic at all normal hours within days. I also stopped getting hangnails! It might have been low iron due to bleeding all the time, but even so. When I stopped taking them for a couple of months I started crashing out again and the hangnails came back.

I just use the cheap ones from the supermarket, not any special brand. Vitamin d is also supposed to help ward against corona, and vitamin e supplements have been shown to help with severe pmdd. I sound like a shill, but for basically no money it was honestly amazing the difference it's made.

I still get super twitchy and irritable and can't concentrate on poo poo the few days before my period, though, hormones kinda suck. Maybe the horniness makes up for it though.

You're for sure correct, I got my blood tested a while ago and I'm low on vitamin D. I used to take supplements but it's just one of things that slips your mine daily while catering to a toddler. Thanks for reminding me, I'm off to have one now, hopefully I will remember long enough it to make a difference. Then I can forget again and the cycle will begin again.