Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

CzarChasm posted:

drat that's some good poo poo

This is a little old, but It should still work

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I know I’m way behind on this one but it’s a delight

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:haw:

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

I don't want rich uncle chungus to be lost in the depths of the meme thread so soon.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I wanted to say I get this and I appreciate it.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Same. I don't get it, but I wanted to say that I did.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
As a joke, it's kinda derivative

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Barney is an equation that is a derivative of itself and Moe is the derivative function, iirc

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Ok, now explain it like i barely passed highscool algebra and have never needed it for 15 years.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Hihohe posted:

Ok, now explain it like i barely passed highscool algebra and have never needed it for 15 years.

Some nerd poo poo you don't need to know but makes your phone work

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Oh, a guym...

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Failed Imagineer posted:

Some nerd poo poo you don't need to know but makes your phone work

thank you.

I feel like this is a large category

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Failed Imagineer posted:

As a joke, it's kinda derivative

I think it's way too segregationist.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

What I really love in that scene is that the guy who corrects him is also wrong.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

ikanreed posted:

What I really love in that scene is that the guy who corrects him is also wrong.

Because it's the sum of the square and not the sum of the square root? I never noticed that until now

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

its simple

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

xtal posted:

Because it's the sum of the square and not the sum of the square root? I never noticed that until now

And not any side either. It's a reference to the Wizard of Oz when Scarecrow gets a diploma, rather than a brain, and illustrates it by saying I think the same thing. It's debatable if the actor flubbed it or it was just a mistake, or possibly it's just to say diplomas are just paper and confidence is what matters.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

All of the gifts the wizard gives out are bullshit to raise confidence. He's a confidence man.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I just think calculus is neat.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

hahahahahaa

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

BizarroAzrael posted:

And not any side either. It's a reference to the Wizard of Oz when Scarecrow gets a diploma, rather than a brain, and illustrates it by saying I think the same thing. It's debatable if the actor flubbed it or it was just a mistake, or possibly it's just to say diplomas are just paper and confidence is what matters.

The joke definitely works best if he's still an abject moron, but now he's a credentialed moron.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ikanreed posted:

The joke definitely works best if he's still an abject moron, but now he's a credentialed moron.

The joke in the Wizard of Oz mind is that none of the three actually need what they're looking for; the Tin Man is the original robot with feelings in that he thinks he's lost his emotions but he's the gentlest and kindest of them all, the lion feels afraid but doesn't actually let that stop him from acting when he needs to (and sometimes, running away is exactly the right thing to do) and the scarecrow may not be well educated but he is intelligent and thinks his actions through, making plans and admitting he can be wrong.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Also, because 'tis the season:

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

duz posted:

its simple

Wait a minute, is this a Ray Jay Johnson post?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
This thread only goes to the basement! And someone made an awful mess down there.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

This thread only goes to the basement! And someone made an awful mess down there.

This thread banished Hamiltonposting to the land of wind and ghosts

can you do any less???

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Excelzior posted:

This thread banished Hamiltonposting to the land of wind and ghosts

can you do any less???

They've given you thousands of memes for free, if anything YOU owe THEM!

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003
I'd tax all foreigners living abroad.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

:dudsmile:

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

duz posted:

its simple

It was quite a moment sometime late in my highschool career when my friends and I finally took enough Calculus to understand that.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
IIRC, one of the big showrunner types on the Simpsons/Futurama was a huge math nerd and he'd put some fairly high-level math jokes into the mix when he could (like the "P=NP" equation floating in the 3D Homer halloween episode).

The one Futurama episode where the mind-switching device got out of control supposedly generated a published paper for the general solution to the problem (I don't think it was credited to the Harlem Globetrotters in real life, though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari