Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/mere_ad/status/1317472482073452548?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Subvisual Haze posted:

The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Supreme (Being)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Citations Needed got Oliver Stone!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

Citations Needed got Oliver Stone!

Oh god why

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Oliver North go on Chapo

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Crane Fist posted:

Oh god why

he talked about hollywood war propaganda, CIA, etc. nothing revelatory, but it was pretty refreshing to hear a big shot director have no illusions about "america's good intentions"

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

he talked about hollywood war propaganda, CIA, etc. nothing revelatory, but it was pretty refreshing to hear a big shot director have no illusions about "america's good intentions"

Yeah that makes sense now I've read this

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Oliver North go on Chapo

and realised Oliver Stone did not do iran-contra

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing
is the latest chapo ep title a triple entendre on amy coney barrett

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Oliver Stone also grew up an orphan in London

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

Oliver Stone also grew up an orphan in London

was he a chimney sweep? a shoeshine boy? a rag and bone kid?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Oliver Stone owns and knows the truth

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
W could have been so much better, Vice wasn't much worse though. They played up the daddy issues angle too much in W whereas it really always came across as more of a Jeb! thing.

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/1318048089395978240

That grief Hillary is still processing? The death of a dear, dear friend last July. :(

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
imagine going from guesting on chapo and dave anthony to this

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

it must be that chapo to fash pipeline i've been hearing so much about

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i believe hillary uses a røde procaster mic, which is a superb one. carlin and rogan both use the sm7b, which is the industry standard.

chapo use the sm58, an absolute tank of a microphone. for 80 - 90 quid/bucks, it's a superb choice.

personally i will opt for the røde podmic when i get the loot to buy a new mic. its only a 10er more expensice than the sm58. dgmw i like the sound of an sm58 but the sound + look of the podmic just inches it.

if i had the cash i would definitely buy the procaster with the full mixing board studio set up. 4 mics, 4 reference headphones, interface amd mixing board for a cool 800 quid/bucks. methinks hillary has this set up, she's chosen well.

gh0stpinballa has issued a correction as of 12:31 on Oct 19, 2020

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

SM58 all the way. A warrior's microphone.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

nice microphones, but i just skipped past a youtube interview where Richard Wolff did an interview using an old fashioned landline like an absolute boomer

ah found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGlIiStdnic

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
i know complaining abotu other leftists (scare quotes on this case prob) but vaush 100% ghost wrote this

https://twitter.com/The_Ohioan_/status/1317996711525126145

Jel Shaker posted:

nice microphones, but i just skipped past a youtube interview where Richard Wolff did an interview using an old fashioned landline like an absolute boomer

ah found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGlIiStdnic

is he streaming video but calling in?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I got around to listening to Bad Faith #5, and it's very weird to hear Virgil's character of pretending to be extremely dense contrasted with Gray actually being incredibly loving dense about Virgil's extremely simple point that a collective is not just an aggregate of individuals making the same choice.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

grate deceiver posted:

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I'm just gonna point at Shane Bauer as being a far more egregious turn.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

grate deceiver posted:

imagine going from guesting on chapo and dave anthony to this

His entire Chapo appearance was talking about epic szechuan sauce memes and voting blue no matter who

grate deceiver posted:

lmao

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

I got around to listening to Bad Faith #5, and it's very weird to hear Virgil's character of pretending to be extremely dense contrasted with Gray actually being incredibly loving dense about Virgil's extremely simple point that a collective is not just an aggregate of individuals making the same choice.

I am not sure where Virgil got the reputation as being the most liberal Chapo when a) his whole thing since March has been arguing against voting for Biden and b) Briahna has proven to be way more lib than him on every episode of this new podcast. And I’m not saying Brie is bad.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Honest Thief posted:

i know complaining abotu other leftists (scare quotes on this case prob) but vaush 100% ghost wrote this

https://twitter.com/The_Ohioan_/status/1317996711525126145

is he streaming video but calling in?

he’s probably had the webcam running for days without noticing

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pirate Jet posted:

I am not sure where Virgil got the reputation as being the most liberal Chapo when a) his whole thing since March has been arguing against voting for Biden and b) Briahna has proven to be way more lib than him on every episode of this new podcast. And I’m not saying Brie is bad.
People just assume that because he's Chapo's resident electoral wonk. It really is as simple as that.

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
Need a list of Chapo Guests Class of 2016-2017 where are they now? Cancelled, further into lib hell, or still cool?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
China Mieville: Sex pest
Sam Kriss: Sex pest, Canceled
Matt Taibbi: Insane
Angela Nagle: Sellout
Brendan James: Traitor

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Breadallelogram posted:

it does sound great, and for the price it's an incredible bit of kit

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Halloween Jack posted:

Do it with the Days of Future Past cover

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Is this some bit or did he really do a sex bad?

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Halloween Jack posted:

taibbi's fine, he just posts cringe like any reporter.

spanking the donkey and griftopia make it hard for me to say he sucks. enjoyed a lot of hate, inc. as well.

if you can process his stuff through the actual lens of "well, he's a reporter", and separate out those aspects of it, I still find a good amount of his writing to be fairly insightful. everyone should read griftopia.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

gh0stpinballa posted:

basically the entire music industry has been based around the SM58. it's the 1999 toyota corolla of mics. it doesn't sound the best, but it's extremely durable, common, and it does sound good enough. people are used to hearing the SM58 because of how insanely pervasive it is, which I really like... it'll never cause the actual audio to jump out to the normal person. that's a good thing in broadcasting/music recording

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
As far as I'm concerned, Taibbi went off the deep end when he sincerely defended the NYT's claim that their mission is to expose people to unfamiliar currents of thought. (Which is why their opinion section features multiple freakish conservatives who are completely out of touch with the mainstream, and exactly one leftist.)

The Mieville situation is a tangle. It doesn't help that allegations were made against him in a bizarre rambling blog post by a woman who only referred to him as "Jekyll." My understanding is that he was maintaining affairs with multiple women who thought they were in a serious relationship and didn't know about each other, then threatened legal retaliation when the news broke. Not sexual assault, but extremely lovely.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah mieville seems to have had a pretty ugly personal life, but i'm loathe to call him an abuser or assaulter or stuff like that

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Breadallelogram posted:

shure mics also double as a quality hammer in case you have some impromptu carpentry pop up

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

gh0stpinballa posted:

For a cheaper option I can recommend the Superlux ECO-88. I bought one when I was a teenager and it's a drat fine vocal mic. Certainly good enough for podcasting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Halloween Jack posted:

The Mieville situation is a tangle. It doesn't help that allegations were made against him in a bizarre rambling blog post by a woman who only referred to him as "Jekyll." My understanding is that he was maintaining affairs with multiple women who thought they were in a serious relationship and didn't know about each other, then threatened legal retaliation when the news broke. Not sexual assault, but extremely lovely.

sure he's not even close to a sex pest but im going to repeat down the grapevine that he is anyways because, gently caress you perdido street station

also i get to feel badass and superior

Xaris has issued a correction as of 19:14 on Oct 19, 2020