Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

Globby, are you mad because you know he’s right? Since this is now a legitimate ‘game tactic,’ you realize goons not only have the capacity to do so, but are going make any progress in the war on goons absolutely impossible using the same ‘legitimate game tactic,’ and when you, or others, cry about it...

These sorts of posts of yours are going to get shoved right back up your rear end.

idk if u missed it or not but globby is in goons now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Yes, what a time to be alive.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

andromache posted:

He bought out the faction cruise missiles used by our KS ravens to clear the path to his nearly triple Jita faction cruise missiles.

Sounds like treason to me, working for the snakemens interests

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

hey can you all like seriously stop responding to that obvious troll? i'm tired of 80% of the posts relating to this guy who is obviously just trying to make this thread as annoying to read as possible tia

I don't like echo chambers thank you very much

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

andromache posted:

He bought out the faction cruise missiles used by our KS ravens to clear the path to his nearly triple Jita faction cruise missiles.

But it wasn't relisting guys because those cruise missiles were sitting right here in my inventory!

We have a goonfucker acl and if he so much as squeezes a fart out in the wrong direction he's going on it. Getting that ACL to actually work has been one of the fun innovations of this war since of course CCP's granualarity rules don't work exactly how they said they would.

What it does:

1. Charges 100mil for Corporation Offices (10mil is normal)
2. Applies a 50% tax to all Industry activities (10% is normal)
3. Applies a 50% tax to all Market activities (2% is normal)
4. Applies a 50% tax to all Reprocessing activities (1% is normal)

It also originally made clones cost 100mil each and made using our jump gate network hideously expensive but those were removed from the list as too draconian. :(

I'm sorry, what does ACL means?

lovely tuna snatch posted:

Also I hosed up big time last week by not knowing the wartime market rules and made Atrum mad. :(

Making Atrum mad is somewhat okay if made in a funny way. Making him mad because you're trying to gently caress others by relisting is a different story.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 19, 2020

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Dalael posted:

Access control List. Although eve might just call then access lists but IT nerds gotta nerd.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

Access Control List. I think it's called something different in-game? It just resembles the ACLs that we computer touchers are used to working with so it got nicknamed that.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ZombieLenin posted:

Globby, are you mad because you know he’s right? Since this is now a legitimate ‘game tactic,’ you realize goons not only have the capacity to do so, but are going make any progress in the war on goons absolutely impossible using the same ‘legitimate game tactic,’ and when you, or others, cry about it...

These sorts of posts of yours are going to get shoved right back up your rear end.

I rarely take Globby's side. But I will in this case. He's been hosed over for dropping cans and bubbles in a much lower amount than this. :ccp: do tend to say one thing one day, and another the next. gently caress em

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ask forgiveness, not permission :black101:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the fastest way to learn is to gently caress up while trying your best

i dont recommend "going fast and breaking things" to people avoiding pregnancy or blacklists, though.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

if these mineral changes are here to stay and the pubbies dont blap each other as soon as we pull our dicks out, we should move to a region close to jita

Why? We've mostly sourced from Amarr in the past few years anyways.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

Amarr sourced from Jita, which is now 40+ jumps for highsec freighters, so I’m assuming sourcing from amarr isn’t very viable anymore

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Ynglaur posted:

Isn't this kind of a self own considering mittens wanted people to get that amarr connection point hosed by the trigs?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Sickening posted:

Isn't this kind of a self own considering mittens wanted people to get that amarr connection point hosed by the trigs?

No -- we don't actually source from Amarr. We source from Jita using JFs.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Years ago I would have said this will lead to people stepping away from jita and stocking Amarr more properly but now I understand people are idiots and will continue to use just 1 trade hub.. Also is there even still enough ppl in the game for 2 main trade hubs?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dalael posted:

Years ago I would have said this will lead to people stepping away from jita and stocking Amarr more properly but now I understand people are idiots and will continue to use just 1 trade hub.. Also is there even still enough ppl in the game for 2 main trade hubs?

1dq exists so yes

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The only self own mittens does is that stupid soul patch.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This is a good time to remind Tuna Snatch of the great rule of surviving goons:

"Don't become 'That Guy'."

As in:

"Hey look, it's Tuna Snatch."
"Who?"
"The cruise missile re-lister goonfucker."
"Oh.... *that* Guy."

Drop off the radar, hard, for a while until someone else earns the title.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

CainFortea posted:

The only self own mittens does is that stupid soul patch.

you take that back, that patch tastes lovely

Edit: I'm also very disappointed about the jump gate change for the goonfucker ACL. Clones yes, that was a bit much for a group that expects people to have correct clones for things. But making jump gates no-go was cool and good.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I have an alt in high sec that's basically just afk mining in an orca because I don't know what else to do with it. Should I save my veldspar to compress and send to Delve? Or would it not be enough volume to even matter?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
folks, more and more people are saying it everyday. we have to make yulai great again folks

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
20% profit on doctrine ammo? Nah, 300%, YOLO!

I assume you'd need docking rights or some other access rights to be able to remotely place buy/sell orders on a citadel market? Limits the opportunity for fuckery, unless someone screws up the ACLs (side question, do you guys pronounce them AY - CEE - ELLs or "ackles", because if it's the latter I need to introduce you to my coworker who swears SQL is "squirrel")

Dalmuti posted:

folks, more and more people are saying it everyday. we have to make yulai great again folks

start restocking Rens for the return to our homeland

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Floppychop posted:

I have an alt in high sec that's basically just afk mining in an orca because I don't know what else to do with it. Should I save my veldspar to compress and send to Delve? Or would it not be enough volume to even matter?

Yeah same question

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
One guy isnt going to matter. A couple hundred people with multiple alts doing it however ...

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

All bees matter, but yeah, I get what you mean. I will continue to krab and skill up in my own little highsec system unless I get instructions.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Floppychop posted:

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah same question

DM me on Jabber or GF forums or here and I'll let you know what some of us are up to.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Ajaxify posted:

DM me on Jabber or GF forums or here and I'll let you know what some of us are up to.

There's also KarmaFleet University which is already doing highsec/lowsec mining and has a ton of organization already around it. You could join that and suck rocks with other likeminded rocksucking dudes without too much hassle provided your characters are on ESI.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I wasn't around for sunday's fight, can someone explain why the bubbles were bad? I mean, we hellcamped PR- for like a month with 100 anchored bubbles during The First Delve Purge.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Crashed anyone when trying to load grid- and there were a lot more than 100

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CainFortea posted:

I wasn't around for sunday's fight, can someone explain why the bubbles were bad? I mean, we hellcamped PR- for like a month with 100 anchored bubbles during The First Delve Purge.

Rendering 150 bubbles + Sabre bubble spam caused a ton of clients to crash as they landed on grid and attempted to load it

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ah, yea, that was always the measuring stick CCP used to use. I guess they didn't mind it this time?

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I anchored a bunch of bubbles around a gate and getting in trouble for it, guess times change.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CainFortea posted:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Rendering 150 bubbles + Sabre bubble spam caused a ton of clients to crash as they landed on grid and attempted to load it

CainFortea posted:

Ah, yea, that was always the measuring stick CCP used to use. I guess they didn't mind it this time?

Here's adashboard of what was on grid

https://adashboard.info/intel/dscan/view/LnT36VYA

Combat scanner probe 806
Large warp disruptor 149
Warp disrupt probe 120
Tractor 20
Container 16

Other than crashing someone's client, what reason is there to have 806 combat probes out on the same grid as 149 Large warp disruptor and 120 warp disrupt probe?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Dalael posted:

Here's adashboard of what was on grid

https://adashboard.info/intel/dscan/view/LnT36VYA

Combat scanner probe 806
Large warp disruptor 149
Warp disrupt probe 120
Tractor 20
Container 16

Other than crashing someone's client, what reason is there to have 806 combat probes out on the same grid as 149 Large warp disruptor and 120 warp disrupt probe?

More curiously also being the fact that why would you need dictors continuously making GBS threads out bubbles *in the middle of anchored large bubbles* - except to cause lag and server stress to intentionally affect the tidi.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Sickening posted:

You do understand that this makes you a complete piece of poo poo right?

Yeah I realize that, thus also owning up to it publicly - it wasn't malice, just sheer stupidity of not knowing the rules.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Yeah I realize that, thus also owning up to it publicly - it wasn't malice, just sheer stupidity of not knowing the rules.

Should be pretty obvious, tbh. I'm sorry you did this, goon sir.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cuntpunch posted:

More curiously also being the fact that why would you need dictors continuously making GBS threads out bubbles *in the middle of anchored large bubbles* - except to cause lag and server stress to intentionally affect the tidi.

it doesn't affect servers nearly as much as it affects the clients

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Explain to me in your own words how it isn't malice.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i, personally, look forward to the new way to fight large battles involving having no UI whatsoever unless you have 32gb of RAM and a juiced as gently caress cpu/gpu combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

The only reasons there are such rules is because of people who do poo poo like this. Remember what a great man once said, "Don't be a oval office."