Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

abby is extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Reported for abuse :mad:

jesus WEP posted:

abby is extremely good

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I like how she can only be bothered to twitch a leg to complain, nothing else :effort:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

that's pretty much what she always does when you stop

or she'll just pick up her head and stare at me

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Our new girl, Isla, me and my wife’s first dog since we were young. She’s a 4 month old Grayador/Lurcher rescue. From reading she’s at peak bitey at this age which is fun with a 4 year old daughter in the house. Weighing in at 34lbs already she’s no joke. Good thing is the wife’s aunt has a 11 month old Australian Shepard so during the week we drop her off to burn off a ton of energy

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 17, 2020

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Someone’s neck is finally big enough for a new collar!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

actionjackson posted:

that's pretty much what she always does when you stop

or she'll just pick up her head and stare at me

That's exactly what my non-greyhound dog does when I stop rubbing his belly, it's hilarious. He just lies there and you think "are you really enjoying this" but if you stop he looks at you or moves a leg and sighs

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Ugh the puppies are SO cute :kimchi:
My older hound goes NUTS if i stop giving him attention, he'll snap at the air and grunt and try to roach (bad back, can't roach anymore) and now the younger one has caught on that I'm a sucker for dog theatrics and has started doing the same thing

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
Sweater fitting with grandma

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

NomNomNom posted:

I love the sight hound stare :allears:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

NomNomNom posted:

:3: :3: :3:

What even are beds:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

trying to get things done she just stares at me tho and demands attention

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Guess who was a dumbass and hurt his feet and now had to wear footie bandages that look like 80s leg warmers (it's Spartacus)

At least he has the proper amount of shame now that they're healed: all of it

actionjackson posted:

trying to get things done she just stares at me tho and demands attention

Call OSHA these are unsafe working conditions how can anyone expect you to accomplish anything like that

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

spartacus is the biggest goober, i love him :allears:

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

How did Sparty hurt his feet? Agree, he is the biggest goober.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Not sure, he went outside and came back inside with bloody footprints :cripes:

Best guess is either he did it tripping in the dark or roughhousing with cookie

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

One time Bonnie went crashing into some bushes after a squirrel and came back with a cut on her ear and her face all bloody from it. It was kinda badass actually :unsmith: even though she clearly just caught it on a branch

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

approval ratings are in

https://i.imgur.com/CxVw9J6.mp4

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

abby :3:

i like how far her ears go back, idk how greyhound-specific that piece of body language is but it always makes me happy to see their excited ears :unsmith:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

abby :3:

i like how far her ears go back, idk how greyhound-specific that piece of body language is but it always makes me happy to see their excited ears :unsmith:

We call it "sleek" when sparty flips his ears back. I think it's a submissive gesture, "I see you and I'm not a threat, friends!" So he'll get radar dishes when he's interested, and if he sees it's us he'll "sleek" and then his ears might flip back and forth a few times

He also does it when he's just chilling on a walk, keeps his head streamlined and it's fun it when the ears deploy because he saw something. Also one of his ears almost always crinkles :3:

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

We call it 'aerodynamic mode'. But that pop when they get excited is the best.

Gello turns six today, so here's some totally spooky photos of her partying very hard.

We moved into a new house, so Gello has access to the bed. As you can see, she's not keen on sharing.

Don't worry, I promise that Boudicca will get a bit of burger too.

Radiation Cow fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 31, 2020

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

happy birthday Gello!

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
pro-tier username & post combo

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
My partner and I adopted a 3 year old female grey about a month ago. We are both brand new to being dog parents so it’s been an adjustment but she is now becoming a bit more relaxed with us which is nice.

Our biggest hurdle at the moment is getting her to come out for toilet trips. We live in an apartment so we have to get her out every 4-5 hours. Most of the time she is not interested and I need to carry her to the door and then once the door is open she’s 100% into it, very weird to me.

I’ll post some pics when I get home!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

you really shouldn't need to do it that frequently, especially at such a young age. If it works with your schedule great, but Abby was fine when I went to work for many years.

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?
Oh hey I’m Jody and I’m a “dog”

I’m Barley and I’m also a “dog”. Is this how dogs sleep? I think this is right.

Let’s get up and talk about it!

https://youtu.be/8UNue1p-uLY

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

actionjackson posted:

you really shouldn't need to do it that frequently, especially at such a young age. If it works with your schedule great, but Abby was fine when I went to work for many years.

Oh really? The GAP guide said 4-5 hours and the lady I spoke to said don’t leave it more than 7 at a max. We’ve had a couple of accidents where she has started to go while going down the stairs or waiting for the lift so it’s hard to judge. She doesn’t indicate when she needs to go very well as she’s super shy.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Red_Fred posted:

Oh really? The GAP guide said 4-5 hours and the lady I spoke to said don’t leave it more than 7 at a max. We’ve had a couple of accidents where she has started to go while going down the stairs or waiting for the lift so it’s hard to judge. She doesn’t indicate when she needs to go very well as she’s super shy.

Whatever you do, just try to be consistent, greyhounds really like a predictable schedule. Before covid I would get up, have her eat while I showered, then take her out long enough where she typically did both businesses twice. That definitely helped.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Drunk Beekeeper posted:

Let’s get up and talk about it!

https://youtu.be/8UNue1p-uLY

I love greyhound side eye.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Red_Fred posted:

My partner and I adopted a 3 year old female grey about a month ago. We are both brand new to being dog parents so it’s been an adjustment but she is now becoming a bit more relaxed with us which is nice.

Our biggest hurdle at the moment is getting her to come out for toilet trips. We live in an apartment so we have to get her out every 4-5 hours. Most of the time she is not interested and I need to carry her to the door and then once the door is open she’s 100% into it, very weird to me.

I’ll post some pics when I get home!

Gello was the same when we first got her, she hated leaving the couch to go outside. Even today she's normally not 100% keen on the last evening pee, but with a bit of prodding, she'll get up and go.

We just kept with it and within a week she was going out on her own. Like others have said, greyhounds like predictable schedules.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I’m ready to have a dog that does nothing for 8 hours

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Veskit posted:

I’m ready to have a dog that does nothing for 8 hours
when are grey pups supposed to grow up and turn lazy anyway?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

when are grey pups supposed to grow up and turn lazy anyway?

She’ll be lazy for 14-18 hours a day but those active hours of puppy time she’s just restless and whiney.

My guess is when she’s spayed it’ll slow down a bit, but we’re probably not doing that until she’s 1.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The accidents could just be her thinking it's ok to go once she's out of the apartment. Ours loves to pee in Petsmart but otherwise does not go while indoors.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

bamhand posted:

The accidents could just be her thinking it's ok to go once she's out of the apartment. Ours loves to pee in Petsmart but otherwise does not go while indoors.

Yeah that’s a point. Someone also mentioned some dogs pee when they are excited? Is that a thing?

She really only likes to go to the toilet on grass (which is great!) so it could be she confuses carpet with grass once out.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

she's never really done this until now. i'm sure she has her reasons

Only registered members can see post attachments!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The anipryl is out of stock, but this turned out to actually be good news, because I found out my vet started working with a compounding pharmacy to make the meds directly, and it will be about $50/month which is half of the anipryl price

https://www.wedgewoodpharmacy.com/

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
My girlfriend and I are meeting a greyhound this weekend! We've heard she's on the smaller side but haven't been given a weight yet.

We feel pretty well set up with gear but I wanted to ask where y'all get your dog beds and crates from. I've heard Costco but I think my local one only has big round beds, and we'd like a more rectangular shape to save space. Would this one be too small?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
That's plenty big.