Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Choose your moon
Isn't that the new Q thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh yeah this is our 3rd downgrade on the honeymoon. 1st choice was 2 weeks in Anaheim, Game Days at Disney and driving about and then the entire state went on fire and it's an election year and there's this killer virus runnin wild

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Shoehead posted:

Oh yeah this is our 3rd downgrade on the honeymoon. 1st choice was 2 weeks in Anaheim, Game Days at Disney and driving about and then the entire state went on fire and it's an election year and there's this killer virus runnin wild

Look, by the time that this Covid thing is finally done they might have built a Wakanda section of Disney Land. That would probably be worth it.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Choose your moon

That is said in the voice over guy from the original Mortal Kombat arcade.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
This is a low information post but look at the loving state of this :laugh:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

crispix posted:

This is a low information post but look at the loving state of this :laugh:

Didn't know they got Party City in NI

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Shoehead posted:

That's not too dissimilar to the situation we found ourselves in, except we were planning for Orlando and the Star Wars LARP hotel in 2022. The election might resolve itself by then, but what about the virus and the post-election civil war?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Shoehead posted:

Didn't know they got Party City in NI

Like about 1 in 3 PSNI officers i see is overweight. That lycra is going to be asking for people to honk some police moob

I never get into bother and even i want to do it :/

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

A hearty lol at what "level 5" consists of.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Southpaugh posted:

A hearty lol at what "level 5" consists of.
This is classic:
https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1318300245395148801

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Yeah I guess that's why they need an extra day to get their story straight as to what the actual lockdown means when it hits on Wednesday. loving clowns.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
They went to all the trouble of clearly defining what each level means, we even got that big fold out they sent us the other week there and from day 1 they've never actually gone to each level as written. It's impressive.

(of course it works out for me this time)

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Shoehead posted:

They went to all the trouble of clearly defining what each level means, we even got that big fold out they sent us the other week there and from day 1 they've never actually gone to each level as written. It's impressive.

(of course it works out for me this time)

Its LEVEL 51 *

1See appendices 2-7 for exemptions
* except when otherwise notified

I have no real clue as to what is or isn't allowed tbh.

Pookah fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 20, 2020

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Meanwhile north of the border

https://twitter.com/irish_news/status/1318439669735034885?s=19

quote:

"A few days ago the number of cases in Derry-Strabane was 962 – exactly the same number as all the unionist controlled councils together," he said.

"The poor leadership demonstrated by all Sinn Féin leaders at the Bobby Storey funeral was replicated in some GAA grounds over the summer and it is undeniable that the spread has been much greater in the areas where this had happened."

He added: "It is not a sectarian statement as most Sinn Féin leaders don't attend the Catholic Church on a regular basis – it is a political statement about an example of poor political leadership."

Saying it's the Fenians fault isn't sectarian because they aren't even proper Catholics

(I'd also note that SF don't even have a plurality of seats in Derry City and Strabane Council)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"I've heard it said that the regular Catholics worship Ba'al. But this lot, they don't even worship Ba'al properly."

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
"We aren't sectarian we just don't support the culture we tried to violently crush 400ish years ago" sure isn't the save they think it is

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Their repeated opposition to things like the Irish Language Act, despite some of the people most historically responsible for keeping the language alive in the North being notable Presbyterians like Jeremiah O'Quin, is good proof that it's not sectarianism, it's Anglo supremacy bullshit yet again.

Maybe if SF leaders just drank more of Poots' magic tea they'd not have the covid :jerkbag:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
It's the Fenian's fault that Ian Jr can't enjoy the free holidays he seems to keep getting.

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Lol “lockdown to save Christmas” more like lockdown to save capitalism

What a shower of wasters, honestly.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

SuperiorColliculus posted:

Lol “lockdown to save Christmas” more like lockdown to save capitalism

What a shower of wasters, honestly.

The amount of people who appear shocked after Leo's comments to the hospitality industry to expect indoor drinking/dining to be banned over the Christmas period surprises me

People honestly do seem to think everything will be fine by Christmas

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
The NCT centres are still open. How the gently caress is that an essential service.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

CactusWeasle posted:

The NCT centres are still open. How the gently caress is that an essential service.

Basically because of the problems with the jacks from before Covid, a bunch of people were given extensions on their NCT.

Then Covid hit, and they had to give more extensions. Except people are still driving their cars, so they could have problems in need of fixing.

Like I do get that the NCT is mostly a money making racket for the State, but it does spot major problems with cars and prevents absolutely lethal bangers driving around. (In theory.)

And as long as people are going to be driving to work (particularly if they are essential workers) there will need to be a way of getting the backlog of cars down.

I’d say the driving tests will also still operate for the same reason.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Those clever shits in gov got to give the good news of allowing 25 person weddings without mentioning they were shutting down the entire hospitality industry too

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah my mates getting married in a few weeks, and it's like...25 people at the service, can they be at the reception too? Do they have to be guests of the hotel to eat dinner? Nothing has really been clarified if you ponder it for 2 seconds

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah my mates getting married in a few weeks, and it's like...25 people at the service, can they be at the reception too? Do they have to be guests of the hotel to eat dinner? Nothing has really been clarified if you ponder it for 2 seconds

With us the hotel got in touch and to say they figure they should honor the booking but no one is staying in the hotel at all. It's like have your function, have your food and then go home cos we are re-shutting the hotel immediately after

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Just need a big tent and some sandwiches imo

you can make it fancy by cutting them small and having cress :)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Cress is shite. Growing it on the windowsill in Junior Infants was one of my first tastes of life's disappointment

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maash/mung beans are the pro-tier childhood window vegetation.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Failed Imagineer posted:

Cress is shite. Growing it on the windowsill in Junior Infants was one of my first tastes of life's disappointment
This is how we know you aren't fancy. You can't appreciate the subtlety of cress.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
All I know is I formed very strong opinions about things at age 5 and see no reason to revisit that :colbert:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I can respect that.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
A big tent, but only if we have a golf tournament beforehand

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Guavanaut posted:

Maash/mung beans are the pro-tier childhood window vegetation.

My primary school had beansprouts just randomly growing all around the unpaved parts of the playground. Child me decided that this was because so many of the kids were the children of ex-hippies so their lunchboxes were just absolutely packed with beansprouts. It was an awesome school btw.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://twitter.com/IrlagainstFash/status/1319352513028567042?s=19

Gards finally nabbing antimaskers.

(They should have broken up the party on the very same street last night but I'll take it)

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
They got the lad who attacked Izzy earlier on today too. Seems like it's finally being taken seriously.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1022/1173326-mother-baby-home/

Absolute scum.
Can't be having bad PR for the church now lads, best to lock it away until all those who did this are dead.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

happyhippy posted:

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1022/1173326-mother-baby-home/

Absolute scum.
Can't be having bad PR for the church now lads, best to lock it away until all those who did this are dead.

I'm not up to date with this, but isn't this type of thing standard in these cases/investigations? To secure the involvement of everyone they offer guarantees about the information not being released until after everyone is dead or X years after it's completed.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I can't wait until every church in this country is replaced with an apartment building

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CactusWeasle posted:

I can't wait until every church in this country is replaced with an apartment building

The utter shame of how FF handled both the CICA compensation and the subsequent Ryan Report should have annihilated them completely. But people just don't give a single gently caress, as long as Man in Flat-cap Fix Road

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Mrenda posted:

I'm not up to date with this, but isn't this type of thing standard in these cases/investigations? To secure the involvement of everyone they offer guarantees about the information not being released until after everyone is dead or X years after it's completed.

It's pretty standard, meant to protect national security, informants, etc. I am sure its wholly dependent on the situation.
Not for people who put 800 dead babies in a septic tank in the name of Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

happyhippy posted:

It's pretty standard, meant to protect national security, informants, etc. I am sure its wholly dependent on the situation.
Not for people who put 800 dead babies in a septic tank in the name of Jesus.

I agree, but if they said they'd seal it to get people, including innocent people's and victims' testimony they can hardly turn around and say, "Well, we're actually releasing what we told you we'd keep private." I think what was done to those people should be made public, but if, from the start, they secured involvement from people by saying it wouldn't be released for X number of years how can they do anything else?

(And I don't know if this is the case; I'm genuinely asking what the reasoning is for the decision, and the counter-arguments, because RTE and the likes are doing their now-usual stuff of detailing politicians making meaningless remarks rather than anything actually in-depth, or any analysis. I haven't been following the ins and outs, and I haven't found an article that's detailed anything in (my admittedly limited) searches.)