Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

orange juche posted:

V

E

R

T

I

C

A

L

B

O

I

S

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

orange juche posted:

Sometimes people just poo poo into the reply box and slam "Submit Reply"

yeah i have absolutely no idea what he was talking about so v0v

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

No -- we don't actually source from Amarr. We source from Jita using JFs.

Huh, I never realized that.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Ynglaur posted:

Huh, I never realized that.

You spoke pretty confidently for someone who didn't know what the gently caress they were talking about.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
That's a great skill to have.

Running2theedge
Dec 16, 2019
I almost played Eve this weekend. got mumble and jabber setup. have a new mouse on order. drat buttons quit working while on a low sec gate. wife said she mentioned we needed a new mouse...

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Those questioning the number of combat drones are probably not FCs. That number seems right for the people in system. I actively have 16 out in any system I’m in during a casual roam, not including helpers having theirs as well.

Also there’s dozens of separate groups likely throat slitting at all of these

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

smertrioslol posted:

Those questioning the number of combat drones are probably not FCs. That number seems right for the people in system. I actively have 16 out in any system I’m in during a casual roam, not including helpers having theirs as well.

Also there’s dozens of separate groups likely throat slitting at all of these

combat scanner probes though, and it was 806 combat probes.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Recoome posted:

combat scanner probes though, and it was 806 combat probes.

Wasn't there like 5000 dudes in system

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Pubbies are gibbering about defections to the snakemen, I'm guessing either they're talking hot air or there's a false flag in the offing.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

StratGoatCom posted:

Pubbies are gibbering about defections to the snakemen, I'm guessing either they're talking hot air or there's a false flag in the offing.

You could've stopped at gibbering. r/eve doesn't know poo poo; some brainlord posted a theory about how the five Keepstar losses were a ~~grand strategy~~ instead of TEST being TEST

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Someone saw gsf was -173 members and took that to mean rats fleeing a sinking ship lol

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Someone saw gsf was -173 members and took that to mean rats fleeing a sinking ship lol

As opposed to people putting their procurer alts into karmafleet university or some other untouchable highsec enterprise.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

andromache posted:

As opposed to people putting their procurer alts into karmafleet university or some other untouchable highsec enterprise.

Lmao I’m glad you’re the one saying it not me

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So umm, that last ping was pretty special.

Is our enemies okay?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Sickening posted:

So umm, that last ping was pretty special.

Is our enemies okay?

Some of them are safe now now :shobon:

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
I kind of want to get a crew of people in KFU to run FOBs but I have no idea when I would actually do it or really even what everyone should run.

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'
I stopped playing right before the Deklein war cause I went to college. Now I'm back and all grown up with a piece of paper.

I had 7 accounts, but gonna drop that to 3 or 5 this time. Can I buy "skill extractors" in jita and sell the extra sp, or is there plex involved in that process?
Is VNI/Ishtar afk ratting still a thing? Is rorq mining still the fotm?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Shade2142 posted:

I stopped playing right before the Deklein war cause I went to college. Now I'm back and all grown up with a piece of paper.

I had 7 accounts, but gonna drop that to 3 or 5 this time. Can I buy "skill extractors" in jita and sell the extra sp, or is there plex involved in that process?
Is VNI/Ishtar afk ratting still a thing? Is rorq mining still the fotm?

You can buy extractors with isk, though I think it's more economical to buy plex with said isk and get the multi-pack of extractors on the New Eden store.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m enjoying a hearty lol at the NC dude posting about how actually not having SRP is extremely good for alliances because then your ebushido honourable elite pvp players actually try not to die

Meanwhile PH rokhs say hello NC. eaglefleet

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
remember when you could have like 20 frickin drones on a vexor?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I remember seeing a Guardian-Vexor on the market in Oursulaert for ~400m when I first started playing, now they go for ~250-300b.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

DGC773 posted:

1) If you had scouts on grid you would have seen bubbles being anchored by TEST 2 hours before the timer came out.
2) If you formed up early and were on the grid ready to gently caress then you wouldn't have had an issue.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/87997493/

Count down to victory. Nowhere is safe.

sweet, you're almost as dangerous as lolmecca was back in April
https://zkillboard.com/kill/83600703/

Also I guess you better start evaccing your home system then because R1O isn't safe either, more news at 11
https://zkillboard.com/kill/84339276/

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
I activated my accounts yesterday, how many stations did we fold up since 2017. I have a lot of ships in tiny containers sitting in low sec now.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I remember seeing a Guardian-Vexor on the market in Oursulaert for ~400m when I first started playing, now they go for ~250-300b.

Population is estimated at approx 20 remaining. A year ago, I could only find one semi recent sale thread, the op declined offers of 750b

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'
rip JU- PI setups.

The UI is hideous, or maybe I've been gone so long I'm not used to all the extra stuff added over last 6 years.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

DGC773 posted:

1) If you had scouts on grid you would have seen bubbles being anchored by TEST 2 hours before the timer came out.
2) If you formed up early and were on the grid ready to gently caress then you wouldn't have had an issue.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/87997493/

Count down to victory. Nowhere is safe.

Oh hey kismeteer is on that KM, didn't they meltdown on their way out from us? I vaguely remember it was quite the :qq: too.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

rocket_Magnet posted:

Oh hey kismeteer is on that KM, didn't they meltdown on their way out from us? I vaguely remember it was quite the :qq: too.

I remember he had a meltdown, and it was pretty :qq: , but I can't remember the exact details.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
No, you see, it was only a joke he made about dread cache, which the directorate didn't get so they kicked him.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

I wouldn't want to be the alliance that had to commit their supercaps to the verloren hoop into Delve. That formation is gonna be torn up in ways hard to describe.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Make sure to update your clone.

That's still a thing? Now I have to find that interface. -_-

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

rocketrobot posted:

Lol no.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

rocketrobot posted:

Thankfully that is no longer a thing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Saul Kain posted:

I think they got rid of them juuuuuust as I started playing. Like they existed for a week or two when I started, then they got rid of them.

Which was nice because "what's docking?" in 2014 wormholes.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

iospace posted:

I think they got rid of them juuuuuust as I started playing. Like they existed for a week or two when I started, then they got rid of them.

Which was nice because "what's docking?" in 2014 wormholes.

Yeah I was mainly active in wormholes from 2011-2014. It was a pain point for early wormhole life. Getting podded out of high class holes was often a several day affair to get back in if you had a bad chain. When I went back in with Hole Squad in 2017, there were so many quality of life changes that made wormhole life much less tedious.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Saul Kain posted:

Yeah I was mainly active in wormholes from 2011-2014. It was a pain point for early wormhole life. Getting podded out of high class holes was often a several day affair to get back in if you had a bad chain. When I went back in with Hole Squad in 2017, there were so many quality of life changes that made wormhole life much less tedious.

I remember logistics being a pain in the rear end in a C2 with C5/Null statics for that exact reason (but that was post Citadel, so we could at least dock up). Logi for all the C4s I've lived in was "mercy of the static of our statics", but usually we'd get by. The problem now with all the trig minor victories no longer being marked in the route planner, it's rolling the dice.

Also Niarja being gone makes it reaaaaal interesting.

E: as I say that, patch notes:

quote:

User Interface:

Separated the Autopilot avoidance settings for EDENCOM and Triglavian Minor Victory systems.
Added warning pop-ups when attempting to jump through a stargate leading to an EDENCOM or Triglavian Minor Victory system.
Added Triglavian warning icons to stargates leading to Triglavian Minor Victory systems.

iospace fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 20, 2020

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
This new trig space is absolutely dumb and terrible. Standings take forever to grind if you didn’t do the exploit before it was an exploit. There’s zero things to do. Logistics is horrible in and out and to even take gates you need +3 standings. What where they thinking? I can’t even figure out the intention of it all.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Saul Kain posted:

Good. That was the worst.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Loky11 posted:

This new trig space is absolutely dumb and terrible. Standings take forever to grind if you didn’t do the exploit before it was an exploit. There’s zero things to do. Logistics is horrible in and out and to even take gates you need +3 standings. What where they thinking? I can’t even figure out the intention of it all.

Part of me thinks it was to make a Thera-like region. The problem is as you say, plus you can't even set your med clone there. You have no precise control over what system you end up getting pulled to using filaments (you can, however, do a specific constellation or system "type" [border/internal/home]), and using a filament to get out, you either get a nearby k-space or a random Trig minor victory.

It did shake the map up a bit, which is cool. Annoying because logistics, but cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
The funny thing about all this, and the whole reason I thought they were avoiding NPC delve, is because all those TEST capitals in there are dead now. Whether we will kill them, or panfam kill them, they aren't going home. I didn't think they would be this stupid and actually trap themselves in between the wolves and the lions.