Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Oh my god the Garages recruited a loving T-1000 out of the shadows, Goodwin Morin is a 5-star pitcher who also has 5.5 stars in batting, 7(!!) in baserunning, and 6 in defense

e: aw man, look like some more break time is coming

https://twitter.com/thegameband/status/1318277686561710080

e again: gotta love the Tacos and Flowers showing solidarity by going into extra innings tied 9-9, ensuring a win for both teams

e a third time: also gotta love the Steaks getting two sun-wins in one game, and then still winning the game on top of that!

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
lmao they found the code behind the crabs' "games"

its literally just

loss += 1;

e: oh my god its even funnier than that

its loss = dayNumber;

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

no, Crabs are confirmed frauds

https://twitter.com/BlaseballPro/status/1318387528697847808

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think Sun 2 might be favourite thing to have ever happened to the great sport of Blaseball.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

The black holes are making the standings look really weird and I don't like it.

My beautiful Wild Wings are getting dumpsters:(

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I dislike the new weathers, it makes it feel impossible to know how to bet. Nothing seems to work consistently at all. I can deal with modifiers not being reflected in ratings but not having to consider score resets if you do too good.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

CHAOSBALL

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

All these teams have played the same amount of games, its fuckin Calvinball out here.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Nea posted:

I dislike the new weathers, it makes it feel impossible to know how to bet. Nothing seems to work consistently at all. I can deal with modifiers not being reflected in ratings but not having to consider score resets if you do too good.

idk, I'm still making money and I haven't changed my betting strategy (max betting on every team above 60% odds).

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

“Huh, we tied the game.”
“On runs?”
“No, on wins.”

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Max bet every favorite.

If percentages are calculated correctly, you will always win more often than you lose. (That's what being a favorite means, after all.) Will you see *~MAXIMUM RETURNS~*? Nah, probably not. But unless you're terminally online and considering every single matchup, the only good heuristic is whatever makes you more than what you had before.

Honestly, you know what the biggest obvious moneymaker for me is? Maxed strikeouts pendant and idol hopping.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Antitonic posted:

“Huh, we tied the game.”
“On runs?”
“No, on wins.”

https://twitter.com/MiamiBlaseball/status/1318564898692042757

I think its hilarious!

rickiep00h posted:

Max bet every favorite.

If percentages are calculated correctly, you will always win more often than you lose. (That's what being a favorite means, after all.) Will you see *~MAXIMUM RETURNS~*? Nah, probably not. But unless you're terminally online and considering every single matchup, the only good heuristic is whatever makes you more than what you had before.

Honestly, you know what the biggest obvious moneymaker for me is? Maxed strikeouts pendant and idol hopping.

I used to max bet everything above 60%, and for 59% I would bet 900, for 58% 800, etc. Eventually I got bored of doing this and just max bet >60% matches.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Blaseball2.com was found and the 1 Star Blagonball is hiding behind the cloud on the center right!

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

All these teams have played the same amount of games, its fuckin Calvinball out here.

Wild Low is such peak calvinball. Here are the standings based on actual wins.

And here are the standings based on the effects of Sun 2 and the black hole

The Tacos in particular have been going nuts, per final scores they have only scored 92 runs. Based on player stats they have scored 215 in only 22 games.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I still max bet every favorite but gambling does feel more random now with black holes, 3-ball walks, hitters who flinch... Like, small sample size, but Nagomi McDaniel isn't the same since they started Flinching

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I've started just arbitrarily max betting, and it's been as, if not more lucrative than max betting chalk. It's the kinda chaos I can appreciate.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Harry Lime posted:

The Tacos in particular have been going nuts, per final scores they have only scored 92 runs. Based on player stats they have scored 215 in only 22 games.

According to Stats Discord, the Tacos are scoring 9(!) runs per game and are on pace to break the single season scoring record set by the Season 3 Tigers. They are hilarious to watch because they are always sunning or black holing teams, but give up a million runs too because their pitching sucks. The offense is just so good it doesn't matter.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Wild Low is a shootout because the pitchers are almost all bad and three ball walks put a lot of people on base so teams are just sunholing left and right it's pandemonium out there

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
www.blaseball2.com

EDIT: Whoops! Beaten. Shoulda refreshed. :cripes:

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 20, 2020

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Hellmouth Sun2beams

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Abyssal Squid posted:

Hellmouth Sun2beams

The 'Beams are absolutely killing it this season.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I have not checked to see how often it's happening, but I imagine walking on three balls + electric blood type is a lethal combo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

tinstaach posted:

I have not checked to see how often it's happening, but I imagine walking on three balls + electric blood type is a lethal combo

I'm not sure how often Base Instincts is triggering, but I imagine it has to be pretty potent with Walk in the Park as well.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

They've said that Season 11 is a kind of epilogue to the first true era of Blaseball, so I'm not sure if I should get used to the Black Holes and Suns or not.

also seems like the Lift have lost at least 8 wins at this time, which sucks.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

harperdc posted:

They've said that Season 11 is a kind of epilogue to the first true era of Blaseball, so I'm not sure if I should get used to the Black Holes and Suns or not.

They should have a good party time period to help bulk them up some, though.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

harperdc posted:

if i had to guess, they'll go in as part of the regular rotation with the rest of the weathers. seems weird to vote on a decree for weather that only gets used once.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Just found out about this glorious thing before finding out about a hiatus.

Wtf is the deal? Rocking Hawaii fridays

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Watching the Tacos hit 10 points during extra innings and smdh...
and as I typed this, they rallied for another 5 points and nearly retied the game.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

w00tmonger posted:

Just found out about this glorious thing before finding out about a hiatus.

Wtf is the deal? Rocking Hawaii fridays

It’s baseball

Except after the World Series there was a boss fight against God

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Belgian Waffle posted:

Watching the Tacos hit 10 points during extra innings and smdh...
and as I typed this, they rallied for another 5 points and nearly retied the game.

Scored thirty five runs total, got three wins and one loss from that game.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Never been more glad to back the Tacos, a team existing in a constant quantum state of win/lose

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

harperdc posted:

It’s baseball

Except after the World Series there was a boss fight against God

*A* god.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Every team in the Wild Low league has a winning record. Only the Tigers have a winning record in the Wild High league. How the worm turns.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

https://twitter.com/BlaseballNews/status/1318977858426048512
REACH HEAVEN THROUGH CARCINISATION

PINCH AND DETHRONE GODS

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

https://twitter.com/BlaseballNews/status/1318977858426048512
REACH HEAVEN THROUGH CARCINISATION

PINCH AND DETHRONE GODS

Son of a bitch. I figured this would happen eventually and refused to switch my team away from the Crabs, but I didn't get any winnings from this and it looks like the game finally removed the Crabs from my profile.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Bulletin shows the Crabs at 0-71 for me. Maybe there's a black hole in Blaseball 2, as well?

EDIT: Never mind; refreshed and it changed to 1-70.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Fridays are average now instead of terrible which is more fun. They might make the playoffs although I don't give them much chance against the powerhouse teams.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Spillover watch! 5 minutes to the hour and the Dale and Breath Mints are still tied in the 17th inning

e: 2-out shaming home run in the bottom of the 17th, as you were

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 23, 2020

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Oh god, the Tacos are at 7 runs after 4 innings, and if they reach 10 in black hole weather they might bump themselves out of the playoffs! They're playing the Firefighters, who have the same number of wins but also hold the divine favour tiebreaker. And the Spies are just one win behind them and also have the tiebreaker.

lmao at everyone in the discord pleading with their respective teams to stop scoring

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Splorts fandom is pain... :smith:

wafc